15 Archival description results for Religions
15 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ACU GBA F0016
The fonds consists of historical sketches, constitution, annual reports, minutes, correspondence, and resource materials used for developing the programs and activities.
Alberta Canadian Girls in Training Association
- CA ACU GBA F0100
- 1945-1976, predominant 1967-1976
The fonds consists of the Anglican Church of the Ascension's The Church News (Christmas issues for 1945, 1946, 1967, 1974, 1975, and January 1976), and Rev. Nakayama's circulars to parishioners (1972-1976).
Anglican Church of the Ascension
- CA ACU GBA F0180
- 1878-1931, predominant 1901-1917
The fonds consists of miscellaneous family records including correspondence (1900-1930), photographs, baptism certificate (1878), St. Albert assessment notice (1931), postcards, newsclippings, and Catholic religious material. Includes a handwritten recipe for dandelion wine, hand-cut paper stencils for beadwork, and a prayer book in Cree syllabics published by the Oblates in Edmonton (1929).
- CA ACU GBA F0199
The fonds consists of records of the Beth Israel and Shaarey Tzedec congregations which include incorporation documents; board, executive and committee minutes; membership lists; correspondence; newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, photographs and a film showing the dedication ceremony for Shaarey Tzedec Synagogue.
Beth Tzedec Congregation
- CA ACU GBA F0366
- 1942-1985, predominant 1956-1985
The fonds consists of records of both the Calgary Jewish Community Council and the Calgary Jewish Centre, including minutes, correspondence and administrative records of the governing boards and executives; financial records related to budgets and allocations; records of the annual CUJA and UIA fundraising campaigns; committee records; correspondence with affiliated organizations; operational records of CJC programs for adults, senior adults, youth and children; and photographs of Jewish individuals, fundraising campaigns, and Jewish Centre activities, many of which were published in the Calgary Jewish News. Note: There are very few records from 1967 to 1977.
Calgary Jewish Community Council
- CA ACU GBA F0386
The fonds consists of educational material, pamphlets and magazines published by the Institute; lectures; photographs of graduating students; music which accompanied bible broadcasts; Christmas broadcasts (1950, 1951); and recording of dedication of organ service. Includes Social Credit pamphlets.
Calgary Prophetic Bible Institute
- CA ACU GBA F0423
- The fonds consists of minutes, some written in Norwegian (1912-1930), correspondence, reports (1914-1917), calendars (1914-1915, 1920, 1928-1949), lists of students and graduates (1911-1961), newsclippings, and miscellany.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: J.R. Lavik, Prohibition, Chester A. Ronning, Saskatchewan Norwegian Lutheran College, and United Norwegian Lutheran Church.
Camrose Lutheran College
- CA ACU GBA F0425
The fonds consists of Methodist mission and church minutes (1902-1925) (photocopies); and Methodist, Presbyterian and United Church minutes and registers (1904-1944) (microfilm). Includes Sunday school records (1921-1934): minutes, correspondence, secretary's records, reports, cashbook and miscellaneous financial records. Also includes a 1925 Alberta Prohibition Association bulletin.
Camrose United Church
- CA ACU GBA F0441
The fonds consists of correspondence, programs records and recordings of conferences.
Canadian Council of Christians and Jews, Alberta Region
- CA ACU GBA F0214
- 1921-1964, predominant 1940-1960
- The fonds consists of personal, political and family correspondence (1939-1964); teaching records and Sunday school lessons (1913-1935); and records from John's political career as MP (1935-1958) including office administration records, speeches, radio broadcasts, drafts of publications, letterbooks, and subject and constituency files. Includes other political material (1958-1964).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: coal, fisheries, Igor Gouzenko, Hutterites, irrigation, Jews, Senator Joseph R. McCarthy, Mennonites, native people, Sage Creek, Trans Canada Highway, veterans, Waterton Lakes National Park, and wheat.
Blackmore, John Horn