The Cathedral Church of the Redeemer congregation was established in Calgary in 1883 and the church building constructed in 1884. A new church was built in 1905 and a new chapel in 1936. The pro-cathedral officially became the cathedral of the Calgary Diocese of the Anglican Church in 1949. For further information see 100th Anniversary of the Cathedral Church of the Redeemer, Calgary Alberta / David J. Carter, Eileen Adames, and Arthur Linnington. -- Calgary : Sandstone Publishing Ltd., 1984; and The Cathedral Church of the Redeemer: 100 years / Julie Sribney. -- Calgary: Cathedral Church of the Redeemer, 2005.