John Pascoe Jermy Jephson, 1855?-1923, moved to Calgary, Alberta from Manitoba in 1886 and was admitted to the Bar of the North-West Territories the same year. He had received a BA from Cambridge University. He practiced law on his own in Calgary until 1892 when he formed a partnership with James Muir. The firm later became Muir, Jephson and Adams and was dissolved in 1919. One of Jephson's clients was the Canadian Land and Ranche Company. J.P.J. was a charter member of the Ranchmen's Club, serving as its first secretary, and its president from 1902-1906. He married Christian Helen Drever, 1854-1949, of Winnipeg in 1884 and they had five children, William Jermy, ca. 1885-1918, Audrey, ca. 1890-, John Mouteney "Jack", Maurice C.M., ?-1921, and Helen Jean, ?-1952.