Fonds F0048 - Fraser M. McKee Fonds
- 1940-1942, 1973-2008 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
accession number: 2015.039
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds is divided into five series:
1. Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
2. Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
3. Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
4. Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
5. Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
6. Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Mckee, Fraser. Armed Yachts of Canada. Erin, Ont. : Boston Mills Press, 1983.
Darlington, Robert, and Fraser McKee. The Canadian naval chronicle, 1939-1945 : the successes and losses of the Canadian navy in World War II. St. Catharines, Ont. : Vanwell, 1996.
McKee, Fraser. Sink All the Shipping There' : The Wartime Loss of Canada's Merchant Ships and Fishing Schooners. St. Catharines, Ont.: Vanwell, 2004.
Darlington, Robert, and Fraser McKee. Three Princes Armed: Luxury Liners to Warships. Victoria: R. Darlington, 2008.