- [ca. 1940s] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
12.5 cm of textual records
Name of creator
In 1921 Louis S. Crosby, 1887-1967, of Banff, Alberta opened a log tea house, called the Lake Louise Trading Company, at Lake Louise. In 1925 six guest rooms were added to provide overnight accommodation. By 1928 Deer Lodge, as it was renamed, had expanded to 29 guest rooms. It later grew to 75 rooms. The hotel was open only during the summer. Louis' son, Fred L. Crosby, 1913-1982, managed the hotel for many years. In 1969 his brother, Robert S. Crosby, 1921- , took over management. In 1981 it was sold and became part of Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of Crosby Brothers Ltd., 1981.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of registration cards (ca. 1940s) and guest account book (1945).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.