University of Calgary
UofC Navigation

Home

Search archival collections at the University of Calgary

de la Vergne Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

de la Vergne Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The de la Vergne Company Ltd. was incorporated in 1925 by Chester R. de la Vergne, 1876-1938, who was born in New York, USA, and had ranched in the Cochrane area from 1908 to 1919, when he moved to Calgary. The company was an agent for Studebaker cars and Stewart-Warner radios. In 1928 it acquired Premier Motors Ltd., a car dealership originally established in Calgary in 1923. Premier Motors had sales outlets in both Calgary and Edmonton, and was the Alberta distributor of Star, Durant, Flint and Studebaker cars, and Mason Road King trucks. The Edmonton branch closed in 1931 and the Calgary branch in 1933. De la Vergne moved back to the USA in 1934.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

Request archival material »

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC