The Alberta Golf Association was formed in 1907 to operate a provincial golf tournament and to promote the sport. Incorporation followed in 1912. As golf courses were established they joined the AGA. By the end of the 1980s there were approximately 30,000 individual members and 145 clubs in the AGA. On January 1, 2000 the Association merged with the Alberta Ladies Golf Association to create Alberta Golf. For further information see A history of golf in Alberta / by Tyler Trafford. -- Calgary : Alberta Golf Association, 2012.