- 1935-1981 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1.4 m of textual records. -- 24 photographs
Name of creator
The Alberta Golf Association was formed in 1907 to operate a provincial golf tournament and to promote the sport. Incorporation followed in 1912. As golf courses were established they joined the AGA. By the end of the 1980s there were approximately 30,000 individual members and 145 clubs in the AGA. On January 1, 2000 the Association merged with the Alberta Ladies Golf Association to create Alberta Golf. For further information see A history of golf in Alberta / by Tyler Trafford. -- Calgary : Alberta Golf Association, 2012.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of AGA, 1982.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- The fonds consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, and financial records.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Alberta Amateur Sports Federation (Subject)
- Calgary Golf Association (Subject)
- Canadian Ladies Golf Association (Subject)
- Edmonton Golf Association (Subject)
- National Golf Foundation (Subject)
- Locke, Bobby (Subject)
- Royal Canadian Golf Association (Subject)
- Sport Alberta (Subject)
- Alberta Golf Association (Subject)
- Trafford, Tyler (Subject)
- Alberta Ladies Golf Association (Subject)
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Tuesday, February 21, 2017