CA ACU GBA F2802
- [ca. 1925-1980] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
75 cm of textual records
Name of creator
The Y's Men's Clubs were established in Toledo, Ohio in 1920 and consisted of men active in the Young Men's Christian Associatin (YMCA) who were eager to further assist the organization. The International Association formed in 1922 and the movement spread to Canada in 1923. A chapter was established in Calgary, Alberta that year and a second, the South Calgary Y's Men's Club in the 1960s. The organization acts as a service club, to serve its community as an outreach arm of the YMCA. Each club has projects that suit the needs of the community. A new constitution was adopted in 1973 allowing women to be members.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Gift of YMCA of Calgary, 2006.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The fonds consists of minutes, correspondence, financial records, etc. of Calgary Y's Men's Club and South Calgary Y's Men's Club.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
No restrictions on access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
The material is in English.
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
No finding aid.
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Title based on contents of records.