142 Archival description results for Religions
142 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- ACU GBA F0686
- The fonds consists of Fred's diaries (1932-1935), and family scrapbooks about United Church events, and Alberta history and personalities.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Banff National Park, Central Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association, Rev. George A. Dickson, Anthony Henday, Warwick Freeman Kelloway, Lake Minnewanka, J.J. McFarland, Lachlin McKinnon, William E. Morrison, royal visits and Joseph Smith.
- ACU GBA F0599
- 1879-1969, predominant 1938-1962
- The fonds consists of personal correspondence, diaries and journals of trips (1954-1957); scrapbooks regarding history and personalities of the Lacombe area (1911-1960); programs and reports of the Women's Missionary Society (1926-1928, 1948-1949); photographs of the Sharpe family and Lacombe groups and views; and miscellaneous family postcards, greeting cards, programs, poems and autograph books.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Horticultural Association, Mrs. T.C. Buchanan, Lila Ann Elizabeth Carter, Walter Carter, Chautauqua, Raymond Leonard Gaetz, Lacombe and District Gardening Club, Nellie McClung, Louise C. McKinney, royal visits (1939), Rev. F.W. Locke, Dr. Edward Montrose Sharpe, and snowstorms.
Craigie, Lillian Bertha
- ACU GBA F0576
The fonds consists of account books, grain and livestock sales records, brand applications, property tax notices, insurance and other farming records of Hugh, Hugh H. and George S. (1900-1978); Hugh's correspondence (1900-1958), will and files on estates of Sydney and W. Allen; Edith's correspondence (1941-1965), chicken, egg and butter accounts (1919-1947), certificates and will; George's correspondence (1938-1987), and records pertaining to education (1920s-1941), Airdrie annexation (1980-1986), Airdrie United Church (1957-1961), investments (1969-1987) and Airdrie Farmers' Union of Alberta/Unifarm (1960-1984); Eleanor's journals about Vietnamese immigrants (1980-1985), and miscellaneous correspondence and programs; John S.'s personal papers and poetry (restricted), Rhinoceros Party returns (1980), university essays on the farm movement, and miscellany; Ann's book (1983) and miscellany; John T.'s diaries (1895-1924) and miscellany; and family photographs and newsclippings.
- ACU GBA F0520
The fonds consists of minute book (1895-1950), register of baptisms, marriages and burials (1895-1936), register of marriages (1981-1992), registers of services (1894-1994), general correspondence (1907-1938), account books (1911-1975), correspondence and receipts related to accounts (1899-1938), and diocesan assessments (1904-1938). Includes letter by Charles Schacht describing church construction (1938), program for 80th anniversary service (1976), and a centennial video (1996).
- ACU GBA F0516
- The fonds consists of minutes (1961-1994), research notes and drafts of family histories (1969-1971), correspondence, photographs of the Forest Lawn, Shepard and Hubalta areas (1880-1940), and promotional material for the book launch (1972).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Rev. William Attwood, Rev. Thomas J. Bennett, Robert Brown, Ernest Cashel, Charles Thomas Gilbert, Charles Kinniburgh, Arthur Layzell, Daniel Lewis, Lutheran church, Patrick "Paddy" O'Sullivan, Berg Pallesen, Martin Pallesen, Thomas Pallesen, and Patrick Sullivan. ETHNIC GROUPS: Austrians, Danes, Dutch, English, French-Canadians, Irish, Jews, Norwegians, Poles, Romanians, Scots, Swedes, Ukrainians, and Welsh.
Chestermere Historical Society
- ACU GBA F0499
- 1914-1985, predominant 1948-1985
- The fonds consists of constitution and bylaws, annual reports, minutes, correspondence, committee records, convention proceedings and newsletters. Includes communications from the CWL of Canada and records of the CWL of the Diocese of Edmonton dating back to 1914.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Abortion, abused women, adoption, Alberta Institute of the Family, Canadian University Services Overseas, children's rights, education, family counselling, foster home care, John Howard Society, Mother Theresa, pornography, television broadcasting (religious programs), woman prisoners, and the 1984 visit of Pope John Paul II.
Catholic Women's League of Canada. Alberta Mackenzie Council
- ACU GBA F0423
- The fonds consists of minutes, some written in Norwegian (1912-1930), correspondence, reports (1914-1917), calendars (1914-1915, 1920, 1928-1949), lists of students and graduates (1911-1961), newsclippings, and miscellany.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: J.R. Lavik, Prohibition, Chester A. Ronning, Saskatchewan Norwegian Lutheran College, and United Norwegian Lutheran Church.
Camrose Lutheran College
- ACU GBA F0386
The fonds consists of educational material, pamphlets and magazines published by the Institute; lectures; photographs of graduating students; music which accompanied bible broadcasts; Christmas broadcasts (1950, 1951); and recording of dedication of organ service. Includes Social Credit pamphlets.
Calgary Prophetic Bible Institute
- ACU GBA F2976
- 1968-2006, predominant 1979-1999
The fonds consists of constitution, bylaws, minutes, annual reports, financial records, committe records, project reports and general administrative and subject files.
Calgary Inter-Faith Community Action Association
- ACU GBA F3003
The fonds consists of Jane's work memorabilia (1936-1985) about the Central Alberta Dairy Pool, United Grain Growers, American Fore Insurance and Continental Insurance; Central United Church bulletins (church calendars), choir members lists, and UCW records (1934-1986); various records about her activities in CGIT, Choral Belles and Scottish Rite (1933-1990); programs and newspaper reviews of concerts and cultural events she attended in Calgary (1939-1987); Vern's high school and war service documents; and personal memorabilia including gift tags, birthday cards, and paper party hats.