392 Archival description results for Natural resources
392 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA ACU GBA C0057
The collection consists of research notes and recorded interviews for Quest. The following people were interviewed: Grey Alexander, John Andriuk, Judith Armitage, R.J. Armstrong, Jim Atkinson, Jack Austin, Celia Beal, Bob Blair, Rod Brooks, R.J. Brown, Alan Bryant, Bob Campbell, Jean Chretien, Don Connolly, Eric Connelly, Pierre Cote, Ewen Cottrell, David Craig, Lynn Cross, Marshall Crowe, Bob Currie, Doc Dixon, Rod Douglas, Neil Fluker, Glen Fox, J.L. Franklin, Lynn Fross, Jack Gallagher, Alan Gates, Stan Harding, Jake Harp, Dallas Hawkin, Charles Hetherington, Mark Hinton, Gordon Hood, Bill Hopper, Digby Hunt, Andy Janich, Dr. Gordon Jones, Pat Jurisic, Steve Kaye, John King, Peter Kutney, Jim Learmont, John Lee, Howard Leslie, Helmut Linsser, Fred Mannix, Dick Matthews, D.P. Macdonald, John A. MacDonald, Don McGavin, A.M. McKenzie, Sam McKinley, Gary McLaren, Bob Merritt, W.R. Newman, E. Palliser, Maurice Palmer, Doug Parker, Mike Pegler, Rob Peters, Rea Point, Rolli Prather, Red Ratke, Jack Ray, Bill Richards, Bill Rimmer, Saul Rothman, Wilton Scott, Doc Seaman, W. Seben, Barry Singleterry, Mr. Sproule, Jim Standford, Lou Starck, Len Storvold, Jim Strain, Don Taylor, John Taylor, Charles Templeton, Bob Thomas, Gary Weyman, Doug Whylett, Mr. Wilton, Don Wolcott, and Len Youell.
- CA ACU GBA C0059
- The collection consists of recorded interviews. Transcripts are available for nine of the interviews.
- INTERVIEWS WITH THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Robert Armstrong, Peter Aumonier, Betty Baker, G. Keith Bevans, Abe Bickman, Gary Bikman, Gordon Black, Don Blake, Fred Blake, R.F.P. "Puddy" Bowman, Marty Boyce, John Breckenridge, Florence Campbell, Joseph Caruana, John C. Charyk, Harry W. Clark, Ernest Corbett, Samuel G. Coultis, Clarence Crockett, Carl B. Cummer, William P. Davidson, Frank Dawley, William Dick, Arthur H. Dixon, Frank Fallwell, E. Fielder, E.C. "Pat" Fitt, Robert Fleming, Don Frache, Bill Gillott, Dick Girardi, Albert Goodwin, Ruth Gorman, Alva Gross, John Hamilton, George Ho Lem, Art Hollings, Mrs. Rickie Horodezky, Charles Hubman, Bob Hulbert, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Johnson, Doug Johnson, John Kapalka, Peter Karsten, Harold J. Kellam, Mart Kenney, Owen Kenney, James Kerr, Ernie Kipp, Thomas W. Kirkham, Stanley Kitchen, Steven Kotch, Eugene Kush, Lorne Laidlaw, Ike Lanier, Vic Lewis, Robert L. Llewellyn, G. Webb Lomas, Keith Matthews, Fred J. Mellen, Hugh McCarthy, Richard McLaren, Barbara Moore, Pearl Morrison, Joseph Moscovitch, Harry Musgrove, James Nesbitt, Gordon B. Nicoll, Harry F. O'Hanlon, Carl V. Pearson, Mary-Jane Piotrowski, Hans Pfister, Marie Podbielski, Tommy Price, Orville Reber, C.W. Redfern, Donald C. Remington, J. Kenneth Ringland, Herbert Ripley, Philip Rogers, Fred J. Ronicker, Bertha Rosewarn, Harold Routledge, Ken Ruttle, David Schriner, Steve Sears, Gerry C. Shapter, A.W. "Archie" Sheffield, Dr. A.E. Shore, Art Simpson, Wayne Smith, Alan Spencer, Eleanor "Nell" Spragins, Robert F. Spragins, Rod Stafford-Mayer, Carly Stewart, Carl Stone, J. Ivor Strong, James Tamagi, Myron Thompson, Alrik Tiberg, Alvie Tillotson, Judge Louis Sherman Turcotte, William J. Watts, H.K. "Pat" Williams, Clifford Willmott, and Noel Wilson.
- CA ACU GBA F0620
- [ca. 1890-1932]
The fonds consists of photographs of group at Addison McPherson's coal mine at Black Diamond, Turner Valley oil fields, Patrick Burns' coal mine, valley of the Highwood and Sheep Rivers, and Kananaskis Lakes.
- CA ACU GBA F1807
- 1859-1976, predominant 1859-1914
- The fonds consists of photocopies of: William's correspondence (1863-1893), HBC records (1886-1892), land documents, financial records (1864-1912) and reminiscences (1911); Harriet's diaries (1889-1893); and Walter's correspondence (1866-1914). Includes two recorded interviews with Mary Traill (1970s) and extensive family photographs.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: buffalo, Robert Campbell, Chinese, William Christie, George Armstrong Custer, Fenian raids, fishing, Fort Chipewyan, Fort Defiance, Fort Garry, Fort St. James, Fort Vermilion, gold mines and mining, grasshoppers, Gavin Hamilton, Jack Ingraham, Norman Kittson, Roderick McBeath, Donald A. Macdonald, Roderick MacFarlane, William McKay, Metis, Mormons, John Norquay, North West Company, pemmican, poetry, Red River Settlement, Louis Riel, Riel Rebellions, Saulteaux, Sioux, smallpox, Donald A. Smith, Rev. Henry Bird Steinhauer, Joseph Wrigley, and Bishop Richard Young.
- CA ACU GBA F1810
The fonds consists of records regarding the formation of TransCanada Pipe Lines (1950-1958); editorials, articles and commentaries (1954-1959); political comments (1954-1966); natural gas distribution in Ontario and Quebec (1954-1959); natural gas distribution in the Prairies and British Columbia (1954-1966); pipeline construction (1954-1964; Royal Commissions (1956-1959, 1967); National Energy Board (1955-1976); USA Federal Power Commission (1955-1969); Oil and Gas Conservation Board / Energy Resources Conservation Board (1954-1965); TransCanada Pipe Lines officials (1954-1970); Alberta Government (1954-1974); TCPL gas markets and reserves (1951-1976); general background information (1935-1971); public relations (1950-1979); and publicity photographs (1956-1974). Includes information about Northern Ontario Pipeline Corporation, Robert A. Brown, James W. Kerr, Ernest C. Manning, Nathan E. Tanner and Gardiner Symonds.
TransCanada Pipe Lines
- CA ACU GBA C0107
- The collection consists of interviews with, and biographical sketches of, oil pioneers; brief histories of early oil and natural gas companies; a speech by Eric Harvie; and data on specific oil wells.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS COLLECTION: Dr. John A. Allan, Floyd K. Beach, George M. Bell, Max Bell, Robert Arthur Brown, F.P. Byrne, Calgary Petroleum Products Co., George H. Cloakey, Sam Coultis, Jack Dallas, Archibald W. Dingman, Charles W. Dingman, Thomas Alfred Press Frost, D.P. "Red" Goodall, Fred M. Graham, Arthur G. Graves, Harry Hanson, Harold F. Herron, William S. Herron, Dr. George Sherwood Hume, Dan I. Istvanffy, Owen Jennings, Russell Jennings, Russell V. Johnson, William Livingston, McDougall-Segur Exploration Oils Ltd., John H. McLeod, William Edward McLeod, Albert Henry Mayland, James Francis M. Moodie, Clarence M. Moore, Moose Mountain Oils Ltd., Mowbray-Berkeley Oil Co., John D. Pugh, James Owen Gresham Sanderson, Southern Alberta Oil Co., Arthur Gillespie Spooner, Barney Taylor, Vernon Taylor, Walker L. Taylor, Western Canada Oil Co., and Western Prairies Oil Development Co.
Turner Valley Oil Research Project
- CA ACU GBA C0108
The collection consists of recorded interviews with the following individuals: Elmer Anderson, Ethel Anderson, Geoff Andrews, Alf Baines, Bea Barker, Lawrence Barker, Billy Bews, Josephine Bews, Janet Patterson Blanchet, Melvina Briggs, Robert E. Lee "Bob" Brown, Ernie Carter, Donald Coultis, Edna Coultis, Garry Coultis, Fred Cowling, Archie Daniels, George de Mille, Pat de Mille, Florence Denning, Jim Donnelly, Irene Gibbons Dyck, Maurice Edwards, James H. Gray, Howard Harris, Jean Harris, Alex Hartell, Lillian Hartell, A.G. "Red" Kennedy, Joe Korczynski, Frances Kyllo, Gladys Lake, Bill Lockhart, Jean Macleod, Freda McArthur, Beatrice McGonigle, Bill McGonigle, Wayne McGonigle, Jim McInnis, Doris McInnis, Bill McIntyre, Alex McKellar, Edna McKellar, Lenore Bews McLean, Mary McRae, Gordon Minue, W.O. "Bill" Mitchell, Erick Mulder, Lillias Mulder, Alan Patterson, Marigold Patterson, Ruth Pearson, G. "Bus" Rivett, Derek Runciman, Mike Schintz, Gerry Schultz, Mildred Schultz, John Schumacher, Rick Smith, Sandi Smith, Ralph Steen, Pat Tourond, Lorraine Tourond, Tommy Trotter, Milt Ward, Lawrence Watrin, Virginia Watrin, A.S. "Bud" Widney, Geraldine Widney, Charlie Woo, and Percy Wray.
Turner Valley Oilfield Society
- CA ACU GBA F3236
- [ca. 1890s-2008]
The fonds consists of minutes, annual reports, correspondence, project files, reference material, and donated collections.
Turner Valley Oilfield Society
- CA ACU GBA F1844
- The fonds consists of constitutions and bylaws, minutes of the District Executive Board, proceedings of conventions, general correspondence, records of Workmen’s Compensation and Unemployment Insurance appeals, correspondence of District officers, correspondence with mine operators and Local Unions, financial records, membership records, reports and briefs to commissions of inquiry and legislators, records of negotiations and labour disputes, collective agreements with employers, records of Local Unions, newsclippings, collected miscellany, photographs, and an oral history interview. Records of the Welfare and Retirement Fund include minutes, decisions, annual reports, financial records, correspondence, reports, agreements, mine operators’ employment records, and case files of Welfare and Retirement Fund beneficiaries.
- RECORDS OF LOCAL UNIONS AND MINES IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Aerial, Alexo, Bellevue, Beverly, Bienfait, Blairmore, Brule, Burmis, Cadomin, Calgary, Cambria, Camrose, Canmore, Carbon, Carbondale, Cassidy, Champion, Clover Bar, Coal Creek, Coalhurst, Coalspur, Coleman, Comox, Corbin, Cumberland, Dinant, Drinnan, Drumheller, East Coulee, Edmonton, Estevan, Fernie, Foothills, Fording, Frank, Grande Cache, Hanna, Hillcrest, Hinton, Kaydee, Ladysmith, Lethbridge, Luscar, Mercoal, Michel, Midland, Morrissey, Mountain Park, Nacmine, Namao, Nanaimo, Natal, Nordegg, Princeton, Robb, Roche Percée, Rosedale, Round Hill, Saunders, Shaughnessy, Smoky River, South Edmonton, Sparwood, Sundance, Taylorton, Three Hills, Tumbler Ridge, Union Bay, Wabamun, Wayne, Western Monarch, Whitehorse, and Willow Creek.
- RECORDS CREATED BY OR ABOUT THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Federation of Labour, Alberta Strip Miners’ Union, W. H. Armstrong, Bituminous Coal Institute of Canada, Edward Boyd, W. A. “Tony” Boyle, British Columbia Federation of Labour, British Columbia Miners’ Association, CAIMAW, Canadian Conference on Coal, Canadian Congress of Labour, Canadian Labour Congress, Canmore Miners’ Union, Vincent Clark, Coal Association of Canada, Coal Operators’ Association of Western Canada, Coalhurst Miners’ Union, Coleman Miners’ Association, John Delaney, Domestic Coal Operators’ Association of Western Canada, Drumheller Coal Operators’ Association, East Kootenay Firebosses’ Union, John Gilmour, Stanley Grocutt, Horbury family, Hy-Grade Local Union, Industrial Federation of Labour of Alberta, International Union of Mine Mill and Smelter Workers, International Union of Operating Engineers, Stuart Johnson, John L. Lewis, Robert Livett, Leslie Mathieson, Donald McDonald, William M. Mercer Ltd., Arnold Miller, Mine Workers’ Union of Canada, Miners’ Clubs of the Labour Progressive Party, Mineworkers’ Central Union of Estevan and District, K. J. Morrison, National Union of Firebosses, Office and Technical Employees’ Union, Oil Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union, Oil Workers’ International Union, One Big Union, Eileen Patterson, Tony Podrasky, Pulp Paper and Woodworkers Union of Canada, Roche Percee Coal Miners’ Union, John Sanyshyn, Saskatchewan Coal Miners’ Union, Saskatchewan Coal Products’ Workers’ Union, Saskatchewan Strip Miners’ Union, John Stokaluk, M. P. Susnar, Michael Tamtom, United Mine Workers’ Journal, United Steelworkers of America, Tom Uphill, William Ure, Western Canada Bituminous Coal Operators’ Association, Western Coal Operators’ Association, Western Mechanized Mining Commission, W. C. Whittaker, Eldon Woolliams, Joseph Yablonski.
United Mine Workers of America. District 18
- CA ACU GBA F1845
- 1912-1979, predominant 1932-1979
The fonds consists of minutes, correspondence, membership lists, financial records, mine accidents log books, welfare and retirement fund correspondence, alphabetically-arranged members' case files, and architectural plans for Miners' Hospital renovations. Includes records of the Coleman Miners' Association, and correspondence of District 18 executive members, Edward Boyd, A. Leslie, R. Livett, J. Stokaluk, and M.P. Susnar. Also includes Coleman Opera House accounts (1912-1925), and architectural plans for Calgary's Westminster apartments (1911).
United Mine Workers of America. Local 2633