Fonds F0075 - Libraries and Cultural Resources fonds.
- 1953-1965, 1976-2013 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
8.06 m of textual records and other material:
177 audio recordings:
143 audiotape cassettes
34 micro audiotape cassettes
6 video recordings:
4 DVCam videocassettes
Name of creator
The Information Resources Group came into existence in 1998 as a result of the reorganisation of the Division of Information Services into Information Resources Group, Information Technologies Group and the Learning Commons. When it was created, it was headed by the Director of Information Resources who reported directly to the Vice-President (Academic), and it consisted of the University Libraries, University Archives, the Image Centre, and the University Press. In 2000, the Nickle Arts Museum was added to the Group.
In 2006, the name was changed to Libraries and Cultural Resources and the title to Vice-Provost (Libraries and Cultural Resources) and University Librarian. By 2015, Libraries and Cultural Resources (LCR) operated eight University of Calgary libraries on campus and across the city. Included in LCR were two art galleries — the Nickle Galleries and the Founders' Gallery at The Military Museums — as well as Archives and Special Collections, the University of Calgary Copyright Office, Research Data Centre and the University of Calgary Press.
Directors of Information Resources: Fritz Pannekoek, 2000-2005; Ann Davis, 2005-2006 (Acting); Thomas Hickerson, 2006. Vice-Provost (Libraries and Cultural Resources) and University Librarian: Thomas Hickerson, 2006-.
Note: Each of the constituent units within LCR have fonds level descriptions. The records that exist for this fonds are those created by the administration office which consists of the Vice-Provost (Libraries and Cultural Resources) and his or her support staff who are responsible for the administration of the overall Group.