Showing 15 resultsArchival description
10 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA C0228
- Copied 1967-1971 (originally created 1884-1910)
The collection consists of copies of letters from William Van Horne to Henry J. Cambie (1884-1886); notebook of Harry Abbott, CPR Pacific Superintendent re operations in British Columbia (1886-1889); photographs of construction of Shuswap and Okanagan branch near Armstrong (1892-1910) and views of locomotives in Lethbridge and Kamloops (1885-1903).
Price, H. Alexander
- CA ACU GBA C0212
- [ca. 1880-1995]
The collection consists of paper artifacts including advertiques (blotters, paper placemats, etc.); transit and railway tickets; savings coupons from breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, etc.; various licences and certificates; soap wrappers; laundry bills; ration books; and other items.
Glenbow Archives (oddments)
- CA ACU GBA C0078
- Compiled 1955-1956 (originally created 1837-1956)
- The collection consists of typescripts of interviews (1955-1956), reminiscences, diaries (1897-1914), and autobiographies; files of biographical and historical notes; and photographs of pioneers and the area. Includes typescripts of Fort St. John fur trade post journal (1866-1924), and Fort Dunvegan post account book (1837-1864).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: W.D. Albright, Kristjan F. Anderson, Athabasca Trail, Dr. Lucy Bagnall, Frank Ward Beatton, John Beatton, Beaver Indians, Bredin and Cornwall, Charles Bremner, Absalom Clark Bury, Mrs. Harry Clifford, Louise Clubine, James Kennedy Cornwall, S.E. Cushway, Henry Fuller "12 Foot" Davis, Ralph Dyer, Edson Trail, Agnes Sorrel Forbes, I.E. Gaudin, H.A. George, Pliny E. Goddard, Bishop Emile J.B.M. Grouard, Peter Gunn, Mrs. Robert Holmes, William Innes, Oliver H. Johnson, George Kennedy, Klondike gold rush, Albert Lawrence, L. Grace Lawrence, Margaret M. Lawrence, Sheridan Lawrence, A.H. McQuarrie, Mrs. Sam McNaught, Metis, Alwexander Monkman, Father Philippot, Mrs. Guy Randall, H.N. Ronning, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), Adolphus St. Germaine, St. Joseph's Catholic Church (Grande Prairie), school districts (Kleskun, Wapiti, MacHenry, Halcourt, Lower Beaverlodge), Felix Shaw, William Shaw, Mrs. Thomas B. Sheehan, and Treaty 8.
Peace River Country Research Project
- CA ACU GBA C0139
The collection consists of photographs of early aviation in western Canada.
Ellis, Frank H.
- CA ACU GBA C0135
The collection consists of slides of Calgary, including the Royal Train (1939), Calgary Highlanders, Calgary Exhibition and Stampede, buildings, street scenes, Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, St. Andrew's district, the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) station, Calgary Tower, and Chinatown; and views of the Banff Springs Hotel; slides for geology courses at SAIT, including "Color Slides of Canadian Geology" for Alberta Society of Petroleum Geologists.
Ellison, Albert Henry
- CA ACU GBA C0097
- The collection consists of manuscript report by researcher, correspondence with persons interested in the subject, 1500 file cards containing extracts from books, newspapers and interviews, and microfilm extracts from the Sessional Papers of Canada (1880-1890).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Arnold Carscadden, Roy Devore, Samuel A. Dickson, Leonard A. Goodridge, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), Col. F.C. Jameson, Mrs. S. Jones, Ed Kelly, Hormisdas Lamoureux, and Bruce Baden Peel. STEAMBOATS: Alberta, City of Edmonton, Minnow, North West, and Sicamous.
Steam Navigation Research Project
- CA ACU GBA C0075
- [ca. 1910-1920]
The collection consists of photographs of boats, individuals and posts on northern rivers. Includes views of the Cariboo and Prince Rupert, British Columbia and Mirror Landing and Grouard, Alberta.
- CA ACU GBA C0222
The collection consists of extensive photographs of construction of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, surveyors, construction workers, and scenery along the railway line from Edmonton, Alberta to Fort George (later Prince George), British Columbia.
Grand Trunk Pacific Railway photographs collection
- CA ACU GBA C0215
The collection consists of magazine illustrations documenting the 1870 and 1885 Riel Rebellions, Manitoba, the Red River Expedition, Lake Neepigon (Nipigon), First Nations, the North-West Mounted Police (NWMP), The North-West Territories (later Alberta and Saskatchewan), British Columbia, the Marquis of Lorne's and Princess Louise's visit to the West, the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), and the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC).
de Volpi, Charles
- CA ACU GBA C0216
The collection consists of regular and oversized calendars, which have been organized in date order.
Glenbow Archives (calendars)