Showing 66 resultsArchival description
- ACU GBA F2387
The fonds consists of administrative records of the Calgary Brewing and Malting Company and its successors, Canadian Breweries, Carling O'Keefe, and Molson Breweries, related to licencing, finances, marketing, shareholders, hotel system, union relations, and regulatory bodies. Also consists of financial records, inventories and liquidation papers of Silver Spray Breweries / Big Horn Brewery; and shareholders and financial records of North West Brewing / Bohemian Maid Brewing. Includes records related to sports sponsorships, the Aquarium, Horsemen's Hall of Fame, and the Fish Hatchery.
Molson Breweries. Western Division
- ACU GBA F0814
- Copied 1965 (originally created 1893-1931)
The fonds consists of diaries regarding personal affairs and work as a stone mason and factories inspector (1893-1931); business account book (1914); notebook of prices and diagrams for Legislature Buildings (nd); and photographs of early Calgary and construction of the Legislature. Includes information about the Glenbow Quarry.
- ACU GBA F0570
- 1948-1975, predominant 1960-1975
- The fonds consists of minute books, membership records, correspondence, financial records and legal documents.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Construction and Labour Relations Association, Building and Construction Trades Council, Calgary General Contractors' Association, Calgary Labour Council, Calgary Labor Temple Co., Calgary Masonry Contractors' Association, Civic Labour Association, Lethbridge Building and Construction Trades Council, and Red Deer Labour Council.
Construction and General Workers Union. Local 1111
- ACU GBA F0448
The fonds consists of alphabetically-arranged files which consist primarily of labour agreements between various trade unions and their employers, some constitutions and bylaws, and photographs of CLC conventions, members and activities. Includes a Canadian Congress of Labour scrapbook of newspaper clippings about labour issues (1947-1948).
Canadian Labour Congress. Calgary Office
- ACU GBA F0329
- The fonds consists of constitution and rules (1911); minutes (1913-1924, 1927-1928, 1947-1957, 1959-1964, 1970-1999); correspondence (1913-1921); office files (1952-1958, 1978-2007); financial records (1954-1990); scrapbooks (1950-1983); and photographs (1921-1970).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Industries, trades and professions represented by affiliated unions include: airlines; automotives; bakery and confectionery; brewing and malting; broadcasting; chemical, electrical and energy; clothing and textiles; communications; construction; distilling; films and motion pictures; fire fighting; food industries; government; hotel and restaurant; mining; nursing; painting; postal workers; printing and graphics; public employees; railway; retail; theatre; and transportation.
Calgary and District Labour Council
- ACU GBA F0019
- The fonds consists of national office and executive minutes and correspondence; and Alberta organization and constituency correspondence, business and financial reports, memberships reports, and radio and television broadcast scripts.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Across Canada (periodical), Robert Atkin, Andrew Borys, George Braithwaite, Harold Bronson, William "Scottie" Bryce, Art Bunney, Robert Carlyle, Comment (periodical), Commonwealth (periodical), Wesley Connelly, Ernest Cook, Mary Crawford, Ernest Davies, Henry George Davies, Eugene Victor Debs, T.C. Douglas, Nick W. Dushenski, Joseph E. Dusseault, George Ellison, John Evjen, C.M. Fines, N.P. Finnemore, David Garland, Clare Gillis, Peter Gomuwka, James Graham, J.P. Griffin, Kay Halliday Grose, Matthew Halton, Jack Hampson, David Hardman, Bert Herridge, Arnold Holmes, James A. Hughson, Lorne Ingle, C.M. Ironside, James Jackson, Floyd Johnson, Owen Jones, Charles Keeley, William Lyon Mackenzie King, Roy Knight, Stanley Knowles, J.W. Lee, Harry Leskiw, David Lewis, Aylmer J.E. Lisemer, John Liss, Frank McCoy, Grant McHardy, Angus MacInnis, I.V. Macklin, Isabel MacMillan, Stuart McRae, P.N.R. Morrison, Morton Neilson, Alice Ness, Archie Olstad, People's Weekly (periodical), Joseph E. Peterson, Nellie Peterson, Uri Powell, Leslie Pritchard, Alfred Rands, Harold Rolseth, Elmer E. Roper, Stanley Ruzychki, Bert J. Ryan, Emil T. Sather, Winnifred Scott, Earl V. Smith, Henry E. Spencer, Alistair Stewart, Gladys Strum, N.W. Svekla, Ken Tory, Douglas Trace, Peter Uganecz, Voice of Women, Harold Winch, O.E. Wobick, Keith Wright, Percy Wright, Fred M. Young, and Rodney Young.
- RECORDS ARE PRESENT FOR THESE CONSTITUENCIES: Acadia-Coronation, Alexandra, Athabasca, Banff-Cochrane, Bonnyville-Beaver River, Bow Valley-Empress, Bruce, Calgary, Camrose, Cardston, Clover Bar, Cypress, Didsbury, Drumheller, Dunvegan, Edmonton, Edson, Gleichen, Grande Prairie, Grouard, Hand Hills, Lacombe, Lac Ste. Anne, Leduc, Lethbridge, Little Bow, Macleod, Medicine Hat, Okotoks-High River, Olds, Peace River, Pembina, Pincher Creek, Ponoka, Red Deer, Redwater, Rocky Mountain House, Sedgewick, St. Albert, Spirit River, St. Paul, Stettler, Stony Plain, Taber, Vegreville, Vermilion, Wainwright, Warner, and Wetaskiwin-Willingdon.
Alberta Cooperative Commonwealth Federation Party
- ACU GBA F0396
The fonds consists of constitution and bylaws, minutes, correspondence, agreements, membership records, monthly reports, pension rolls, financial records, newsclippings, newsletters and photographs of union members and the memorial plot in Union Cemetery.
Calgary Typographical Union. Local 449
- ACU GBA F0385
- The fonds consists of constitution and bylaws (1935), minutes (1935-1967), correspondence (1933-1974), financial records, and contracts.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Albertan Publishing Co., All-Canadian Congress of Labour, T. Bradford, William Burgess, Thomas E. Cannell, Canadian Federation of Labour, Bert S. Corbett, Stanley Cummer, Herbert Edward Dann, Peter Diener, A.A. Frawley, Art Fritz, Charles H. Frost, Frank Gawlicki, S.A. Gill, Joseph Guest, O.W. Harris, International Typographical Union, Frank E. Izzard, Charles Alfred James, Ernest James, John G. Jarvis, Margaret G. Kerr, William Laing, W. Lavery, Kenneth McIntosh, A. Mason, Sydney Moore, William Morrison, J.O. Nix, North Hill News (newspaper), J.M. Ragan, Norman Reid, C.E. Shaw, Walter Simpson, Southwestern Publishers Ltd., Abe Suderman, Frederick Scott Thorn, Robert H. Thornton, Vancouver Printing Trades Union, and Winnipeg Newspaper Printers Association.
Calgary Printing Trades Union. Local 1
- ACU GBA F0278
The fonds consists of Lodge No. 663 minute books (1903-1923); registers containing membership lists, cash entries, quarterly reports and memos (1910-1920, 1931-1939); bylaws (1920); seniority lists (1914, 1927); and grievance correspondence (1913). Includes some national body reports; various committee minutes (1916-1920, 1925); and minutes of cooperative meetings between the BRT and other unions (1910-1921). Also includes proceedings of BRT conventions (1916, 1925).
Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen. Alberta Lodge No. 663
- ACU GBA F0277
The fonds consists of minute books (1903-1935); constitution, amendments, and bylaws (1923-1968); ritual booklets (1944); lists of convention delegates (1931, 1968); charters (1903, 1909); membership lists (1967); photographs of members (1960s); and lantern slides used in initiation ceremonies.
Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen and Enginemen. Sandstone City Lodge No. 635