Showing 211 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- ACU GBA F0179
- 1852-1954, predominant 1852-1907
The fonds consists of an account of the McLeod's trip to Fort Edmonton, biographical information and newsclippings on the McLeod and Belcher families, and a description of their experiences at Portage la Prairie and Edmonton.
- ACU GBA F0257
The fonds consists of J.H.G.'s articles and photographs re the NWMP; and a microfilm copy of the Stock Growers' Association minutes, cashbooks and membership lists (1896-1903), and livestock shipment records (1896-1913). Also consists of Colin's article on early Alberta ranches (1960); and his extensive photographs of: surveying and general views of Alberta and Saskatchewan (1910-1913); Eastern, United, and Lethbridge Northern Irrigation Districts (1938-1939); irrigation works on Alberta Railway and Irrigation Company, and Canada Land and Irrigation Company blocks (1938-1939); Bartman Dam (1937-1940); and construction of Currie Barracks (1934-1935). Includes Nellie Crockford's newsclippings about Medicine Hat and the Bray-Crockford families (ca. 1900-1960).
- ACU GBA F0288
- Copied 1977 (originally created 1938-1952)
The fonds consists of photographs of RCMP personalities and posts in northern Saskatchewan and the NWT.
Brown, James Orwell
- ACU GBA F0239
- 1865-1946, predominant 1865-1932
- The fonds consists of general correspondence, invoices and receipts; account books (1891-1896); legal and business correspondence (1865-1930); appeal books (1893-1932); and Masonic Lodge bylaws, regulations and correspondence (1898-1930). Also includes Bown's extensive collection of vintage First Nations and pioneer photographs from the Ernest Brown Studio in Edmonton.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS AND MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST: Alberta Gold Dredging Syndicate, Alberta Mutual Fire Insurance Co., Delia Anderson, Dr. Andrew B. Baird, John A. Brown, Calgary and Edmonton Railway Co., Canada Radiator Co., Canadian Mutual Loan and Investment Co., Canadian Northern Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), Canadian West Land Co., Chinese, Isaac Cowie, Cuthbertson and Co., Herbert James Dawson, Fernand de Journel, Driard Hotel (Wetaskiwin), Edmonton and Saskatchewan Land Co., Edmonton Exhibition Association, Edmonton Sawmill Co., Edmonton Street Railway Co., Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, Malcolm Forbes Groat, Walter S. Groat, Frank Hamilton, Bertha Hetu, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), James Duncan Hyndman, Joseph Kelly, J.K. Kennedy, Klondike gold rush, William F. Langworthy, Law Society of Alberta, Liberal-Conservative Party, liquor traffic, Mays Coal Co., Charles de Wolfe McDonald, Metis (scrip), murder, Northwestern Utilities Ltd., Edward H. O'Brien, M. Evanson O'Brien, Antonio Prince, prostitution, Queen's Hotel (Edmonton), Revillon freres, 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion), Harry Havelock Robertson, Scottish Ontario and Manitoba Land Co., Richard Secord, Strathcona, John Walter Ltd., and Wetaskiwin (land).
Bown, John Campbell Ferrie
- ACU GBA F0032
The fonds consists of transcripts of interviews.
Alberta Law Society
- ACU GBA F0318
The fonds consists of Clark's legal statement of his part in the Cashel manhunt (1960), transcript of diary with annotations by Clark (1960), and lawyer's common place book (ca. 1930). Also consists of photographs of NWMP detachments at Peace River, Fort St. John, Fort Macleod (1904-1906); of NWMP personalities (1894, 1905-1910); and of personalities and town of Fort St. John (1905-1906).
Bury, Absalom Clark
- ACU GBA F0334
- The fonds consists of constitution (1916), minutes (1890-1904, 1906-1959), financial statements (1915-1916) and transcripts of interviews with members of southern Alberta's legal profession (1982-1984).
- THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS WERE INTERVIEWED. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Gordon H. Allen, Bill "Barney" Barnett, R.H. Barron, R.G. Black, W.F. Bowker, E.M. Bredin, Chester V. Burns, Spencer Cumming, W.G.N. Egbert, R.L. Fenerty, A. Gilchrist, J.H. Gray, Ruth Gorman, A.W. Henricks, Rollie Jardine, M.E. Jones, E. Kush, J.H. Laycraft, Marie McCaffary, A.W. MacDonald, D.P. McDonald, R.A. Mackimmie, D.P. McLaws, L.D. MacLean, Tom Malcolm, E.C. Manning, R. Martland, Mrs. Orrin Might, J.V.H. Milvain, Mrs. Harry Nolan, Ruth Patterson, J.M. Pritchard, J.J. Saucier, Arthur R. Smith, Cecil Swanson, F. Thurgood, and Peter S. Vallance.
Calgary Bar Association
- ACU GBA F0904
The fonds consists of personal papers: correspondence, financial records, certificates, newsclippings and scrapbooks; senate records: general subject files, committee records, penitentiaries files and inmates' correspondence; and Liberal party records: general subject and Alberta constituency files. Includes photographs of Liberals and a copy of the film, St. Laurent : The Man and his Country.
- ACU GBA F0906
- 1849-1944, predominant 1880-1942
- The fonds consists of correspondence (1880-1928), speeches, certificates, newsclippings, family genealogy, invitations, programs, and photographs of Haultain and the Haultain family.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: R.B. Bennett, Hon. George Brown, G.H.V. Bulyea, Cochrane Ranche, Edward VII, Alexander Galt, Elliott T. Galt, C.A. Magrath, Oliver Mowat, Frank Oliver, poetry, R.P. Roblin, A.L. Sifton, Treaty 7, and S.T. Wood.
Haultain, Frederick W.G.
- ACU GBA F1055
- 1911-1974, predominant 1911-1949
The fonds consists of photographs of Lethbridge Experimental Station and projects (1911-1942), soil erosion in Alberta and Saskatchewan (1930s), and agricultural views; discussion notes on irrigation for experimental station staff seminars and meetings (1933-1949); and Alex's papers on agriculture for the station (nd). Also consists of research materials including photographs of southern Alberta in the 1890s to 1910s, Alex's address on the history of the Western Stock Growers' Association (1971), and recorded conference on the Mounted Police held at University of Lethbridge (1974). Includes recorded Glenbow Foundation staff conference (1959), manuscript of "Indians of the Western Plains" by Mike Mountain Horse (1936), and miscellany.