Print preview Close

Showing 4611 results

Archival description
2796 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
CA ACU CAA C0009 · Collection · 1963, 1965

Consists of two sets of architectural drawings created by Clifford Wiens for the Church Our Lady in Moose Jaw (1965) and the Maple Creek Camp and Picnic Ground Administration Building (1963). The drawings are construction sets that include floor plans, elevations, sections, and details.

Wiens, Clifford Donald
CA ACU CAA C0002 · Collection · Printed 1981 (originally created 1908-1915, 1981)

Consists of 15 reprographic copies of drawings of the Calgary Normal School from between 1908 and 1915 by architect A. M. Jeffers for the province of Alberta department of public works. The original drawings are held at the Provincial Archives of Alberta. The Calgary Normal School was among the first major public works built in the province. It was later renamed McDougall School in 1922. Also included are 8 reprographic copies of as built drawings of McDougall School by provincial department of public works architect Max Kattenburg for a renovation project in 1981. In 1981 the school was decommissioned and renovated into a provincial government office and meeting space.

Jeffers, Allan Merrick
CA ACU CAA C0007 · Collection · 1983-1984

Consists of 114 photographs and 4 drawings compiled by Ron Henderson of the Samuel Atlantic Skead residence at 712 12 Avenue SW, Calgary. The house was designed in 1906 and demolished in 1983 or 1984. The photographs document the house, interior and exterior, prior to and during the demolition. The drawings were created in 1983 showing plans and elevations of the house as it was in 1906 and 1983.

Henderson, Ron
CA ACU CAA F0018 · Fonds · 1937-1974

Fonds consists of drawings, microfilm, photographs, and correspondence and office files from the architectural practice of John B. Parkin Associates 1938-1974. Significant projects include: Ontario Association of Architects Headquarters, Toronto; Salvation Army National Headquarters and Temple, Toronto; Oshawa Central Collegiate Institute, Oshawa, ON; Faberge Factory, Etobicoke, ON; Garage and Stores Building, York Hydro System; Humber Memorial Hospital.

John B. Parkin Associates
CA ACU CAA C0019 · Collection · [1972?]

Photographs of gargoyles removed from Southam Building and a brief history. The images and text were used in an unknown exhibition, perhaps in 1972 when the gargoyles were purchased by the University of Calgary. The Southam Building was located at 130 7th Avenue SW in Calgary. It was also known as the Herald Building while it was the home of the Calgary Daily Herald and then the Greyhound Building when it housed the bus terminal for Greyhound. The gargoyles that adorned the building were believed to have been created by Mark Marshall of Royal Doulton.

Marshall, Mark V.
CA ACU CAA F0001 · Fonds · 1905-1984

Fonds consists of minutes of meetings, membership lists, correspondence, and office files of the Alberta Association of Architects from 1906 to 1984.

Alberta Association of Architects
H.G. Wells Collection
CA ACU SPC C0069 · Collection · 1895-2002 (gaps exist)

The collection consists of correspondence to and from H.G. Wells including with his publisher J.M. Dent & Co, and with The Times advising Wells of a new paper delivery service. Also consists of records related to, and written by, H.G. Wells, as collected by Eric Korn.

Wells, H.G. (Herbert George)
Ray Van Nes photographs
CA ACU CAA F0052 · Fonds · 1991-1992

Consists of 73 palladium print photographs by Ray Van Nes of historic sandstone buildings in Calgary. The photographs form the series Sandstones, which Van Nes created in 1991 and 1992. The photographs have exhibited at the City of Calgary Archives in 1993.

Van Nes, Ray
CA ACU CAA F0067 · Fonds · 1927

Consists of six architectural drawings created by Alexander Pirie for the proposed Prophetic Bible Institute building on 8th Avenue, Calgary, Alberta. The drawings include floor plans, elevations, sections, and details. The specifications for the building project are also included in the file. Sheet No. 1 has a note that white pencil measurements taken March 6, 1952, Rule Wynn & Rule, perhaps indicating that the drawings were maintained by Rule Wynn & Rule for a restoration project in the early 1950s.

Pirie, Alexander
CA ACU CAA C0018 · Collection · 1938

Consists of two architectural presentation drawings created by W. F. Williams of Nelson, B.C., for the competition for the Canadian Building at the New York World’s Fair. The drawings include two prints and two duplicate copies in reverse print. Also included are two clippings from the RAIC Journal that note Williams’ winning entry in the competition and an image of the pavilion.

Williams, William Frederick