Fonds consists of the material gathered together by the author as he conducted extensive research into the topics dealt with in each of his five publications.
The fonds is divided into eight series:
- Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
- Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
- Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
- Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
- Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
- Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
- Slides and film strips.