Showing 10 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F0173
- Copied 1964 (originally created 1934)
The fonds consists of photographs of the expedition.
- CA ACU GBA F0653
- 1912-1951, predominant 1912-1922
- The fonds consists of diaries (1913-1918); letters to his family (1912-1922); fur inventory and account books (1913-1926); newspaper clippings about the north; and photographs of the north, Fort Smith, and First Nations (ca. 1913-1917).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Arctic Red River, Athabasca Landing, Fort Chipewyan, Fort Fitzgerald, Fort McPherson, Fort Norman, Fort Providence, Fort Resolution, Fort Simpson, Fort Smith, Fort Wrigley, Hazelton, Herschel Island, and Smith Landing.
- CA ACU GBA F1819
The fonds consists of Spencer's diaries regarding prospecting (1904-1906) and transcript of diary about trip up the Athabasca River (1907); and Esme's extensive autobiography (written in 1957) about pioneer life in Pouce Coupe from the time of her arrival in Canada as an English war bride.
- CA ACU GBA F0076
- [ca. 1895-1904]
The fonds consists of a brief biography and his account of his travels, "Explorations Among the Watershed Rockies of Canada."
- CA ACU GBA F0878
The fonds consists of personal diaries and journals (1893-1918). Includes photographs, correspondence, reference material, and articles written by Hamilton related to David Thompson and the Windermere area (1912-1942).
RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Roxie Alexander, Alexander Allan, Albert Austin, Maj. W.B. Barwis, J.J. Barter, Effie M. Blair, P. Turner Bone, boxing, George Brown, Herbert M. Cherry, Rev. John H. Clark, Myrtle M. Cushing, Alexander Scott Dawson, J. Lonsdale Doupe, Mrs. James Findlay, James Finn, Mrs. John S. Hall, A.E. Hardy, Birdie Harris, J.A. O'Neil Hayes, Col. Lawrence Herchmer, Rev. W. Hodnett, H.H. Honens, Wesley Hooper, Joseph Howse, Diamond Jenness, Jeremiah Jessup, Henry Sepmus Jones, Bert Kesting, Rev. Stanley Keene, Colin Kerr, R.N. Kirkpatrick, Kootenay (Indians), C.S. Lott, John Niblock, Dean E.C. Paget, Paradise Mine (BC), Senator Perley, Bishop Cyprian Pinkham, Dr. Frederick S. Pope, Mrs. Charles W. Rowley, George T. Seyman, C.M. Shower, William Skitch, H.R. Dudley Smith, William Tode, Archdeacon W.F. Webb, Arthur O. Wheeler, and Hector Wheeler. SASKATCHEWAN TOWNS: Alameda, Arcola, Beaver Creek, Carlyle, Carman, Carnduff, Estevan, Grande Coulee, Hirsch, Indian Head, Moose Jaw, Oxbow, Qu'Appelle, Regina, Sintaluta and Weyburn. MANITOBA TOWNS: Boissevain, Deloraine, Elkhorn, Glenboro, Hartney, Manitou, Melita, Miami, Oak Lake, Oak River, Pipestone, Portage la Prairie, Rathwell, Roland, Rosebank, Rosser, Souris, Virden, Winnipeg and Wolseley.
Hamilton, Basil G.
- CA ACU GBA F1491
The fonds consists of correspondence; manuscripts of books and short stories (Searchlights, Van Ymuiden Millions, The Salvation Pirate, Yokohama Pirates, A Tonic in the North); manuscript of poem, "The Broken Men"; newspaper articles largely pertaining to adventures in western Canada and Alaska (British Columbia First Nations, Rocky Mountain Club, Kootenay district of British Columbia, Muir Glacier, Skeena murder trials and stories, Behring Sea fur seals, NWMP tales, Klondike gold rush, trip across Canada, etc.); and a compilation of information on the history of the Legion of Frontiersmen of the Commonweath. Also includes photographs of NWMP posts visited by Pocock.
Pocock, Henry Roger
- CA ACU GBA F0708
The fonds consists of Joseph's diary (1887) of his trip from England to Calgary. He subsequently used the same notebook to record details of his quarrying and building contractor business in Calgary (1889-1897). The fonds also consists of Albert's diaries (1900-1907), Joseph Jr.'s First World War letters (1916) [photocopies only], miscellaneous programs, and photographs of Red Deer Lake School (1920).
- CA ACU GBA F1289
The fonds consists of holiday films of the Rocky Mountains and across Canada (1930s-1950s) and films of Baptist meetings and Bible camps at Gull Lake (1930s-1940s); photographs and slides of Rev. McLaurin's missions, travels and summer school at Gull Lake (1910s-1920s); photographs of the McLeod and McLaurin families (1880s-1960s); and slides of Calgary (1966). Also consists of Campbell's records: Bow River Beautification Association correspondence, briefs, accounts and reference files (1968-1981); travel diaries (1952-1979); diary (January 1929); correspondence with William Lyon Mackenzie King (1933-1945), scrapbooks and newsclippings; and Campbell and Jessie's marriage certificate. Includes Jessie's school notebooks (1911-1912), postcards and correspondence (1915-1916, 1926-1927) and travel diaries (1963-1964). Also includes film "Wings Over the North" (1940s) produced by Canadian Pacific and Alberta Travel Bureau about the role of pilots in opening up the north.
- CA ACU GBA F1942
- 1879-1954, predominant 1895-1933
- The fonds consists of correspondence, certificates, articles and notes, newsclippings, and photographs, primarily pertaining to Rocky Mountain personalities and history. Includes many photographs of Stoneys.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Phillip S. Abbott, Silas Abraham, Samuel E.S. Allen, Alpine Club of Canada, G.P. Baker, Robert L. Barrett, Dwight James Baum, John Bearspaw, H.A. Beatty, Morley Beaver, Harry M. Beck, Jonas Bigstoney, Charles A. Bramble, G.D. Brophy, Sir George McLean Brown, A.B. Caeder, J.C. Campbell, caribou, J. Norman Collie, Hector Crawler, Guy Davenport, George M. Dawson, B. Deville, Devil's Head Mountain, Howard Douglas, Charles E. Fay, Floe Lake, Fort Steele, John Murray Gibbon, Jean Habel, George H. Ham, J.B. Harkin, Joshua Hunter, J.A. Jaffary, L.T. Keelie, Kootenay Plains, Frederick V. Langstaff, Agnes C. Laut, M. McDonald, John McDougall, James A. Macmillan, H.T. Mathews, S.H. Mitchell, Moraine Lake, Newton Newkirk, Frederick Niven, Walter J. Nixon, Frederick Ogilvy, Geoffrey O'Hara, Frank Oliver, Elizabeth Parker, William Pearce, Ralph Reed, Harold W. Riley, Mary C. Rundle, Charles Schaffer, Arthur L. Sifton, songs, Paul Standard, Samuel B. Steele, Ken Start, taxidermy, P.E. Thian, Charles S. Thompson, A.E. Tregent, James Walker, J.M. Wardle, P.S. Warren, Peter Wesley, Arthur O. Wheeler, Edward Whymper, Walter D. Wilcox, Elizabeth "Bessy" Wilson, and T.C. Zamaski.
- CA ACU GBA F0307
The fonds consists of photographs of Riel's trial (1885), scenes along the CPR (1886), Alberta's inauguration (1905), and the Buells; letters from people who attended his entertainments (1873-1905); and newspaper reviews of his shows (nd).
Buell, Oliver B.