Showing 233 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F1491
The fonds consists of correspondence; manuscripts of books and short stories (Searchlights, Van Ymuiden Millions, The Salvation Pirate, Yokohama Pirates, A Tonic in the North); manuscript of poem, "The Broken Men"; newspaper articles largely pertaining to adventures in western Canada and Alaska (British Columbia First Nations, Rocky Mountain Club, Kootenay district of British Columbia, Muir Glacier, Skeena murder trials and stories, Behring Sea fur seals, NWMP tales, Klondike gold rush, trip across Canada, etc.); and a compilation of information on the history of the Legion of Frontiersmen of the Commonweath. Also includes photographs of NWMP posts visited by Pocock.
Pocock, Henry Roger
- CA ACU GBA F1460
The fonds consists of John's and Wahnita's certificates, scrapbooks, and biographies; and financial records, promotional literature and photographs of the dancing school. Also consists of Ken's pharmacy notebooks, prescription books, financial statements, advertisements, circulars to customers, lease agreements, and miscellaneous pharmacy records. Includes recorded interviews with Wahnita and Ken Penley.
- CA ACU GBA F1393
- 1776-1963, predominant 1900-1944
- The fonds consists of correspondence, literary manuscripts (The Three Marys, When I was a Child, His Hour or Two, Mine Inheritance, Triumph, What's Past is Prologue, Family Album, The Staff at Stimsons, A Candle in the Rain, Tales of the Black Flag, Hands Up, Brothers in Arms, Under Which King, Island of Arran, The Transplanted, Once Upon a Time, The Garricks of Renfrew, Dead Men's Bells, The Flying Years, etc.), reviews of books, publication agreements, scrapbooks, newsclippings and family photograph albums. Includes Pauline's diaries (1947, 1959, 1961) and correspondence. Also includes material collected by Frederick for research purposes: ration ticket of Cree, Mechawayis of the Sweet Grass band (1885), and newsclippings about Sitting Bull, Sioux uprisings, etc. (1890s).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Blackfoot, Canadian Authors Association, Bliss Carman, John Murray Gibbon, George H. Gooderham, William H. New, Walter J. Phillips, poetry, and Bernard Keble Sandwell.
Niven, Frederick J.
- CA ACU GBA C0072
- [1860s]-1967, predominant 1940-1967
The collection consists of newspaper and journal articles pertaining to former members of the NWMP, native peoples and the fur trade; some correspondence and notes about his research; and photographs of various subjects including Walter Festing Sheppard and the NWMP, Wolf Creek Ranch in the Kootenay River Valley, British Columbia, and Fred Woodward, actor and animal impersonator. Includes a (1917) song about the Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP) composed by Special Constable Gardiner.
Nichols, Robert H.
- CA ACU GBA F1364
- 1955-1988, 2001-2012
The fonds consists of constitution, minutes, publicity and membership correspondence, programs, scrapbooks, and a recording of member's performances. Includes a biography of the first honorary member, Gladys Flint McLennan.
- CA ACU GBA F2756
The fonds consists of correspondence, broadcasting contracts, programs, newspaper clippings, portraits of Munn, and photographs about her musical career. Includes sound recordings of piano recitals in the 1960s and 1980s.
Munn, Mary Elizabeth
- CA ACU GBA F1357
The fonds consists of family correspondence, greeting cards, postcards, certificates, and newsclippings; and scrapbooks and programs related to musical, dramatic and dance events in Calgary. Includes photographs of the family, Calgary Storage and Cartage Company, Watkins salesmen, and musical events.
- CA ACU GBA F1329
The fonds consists of personal correspondence, newsclippings and recorded interview about her career, and miscellaneous personal papers; and programs, set and costume sketches, newsclippings, press releases, photographs, award certificates and scrapbooks pertaining to theatre groups and drama festivals in which she was involved.
- CA ACU GBA F1322
- The fonds consists of architectural plans by Millar, photographs of the Millar family and Calgary views, and miscellany.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING BUILDING PROJECTS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Scrap Metal, Arcade block, Banff Springs Hotel (W.S. Painter, architect), Bassano business block, Byron Harmon store (Banff), Calgary Cooperative Fur Farmers Association, Calgary fire hall, Crescent Bowling building, Crown Feed Ltd., Davidman block, Eastern Star building, Ferguson Supply Co., Glencoe block, Great West Saddlery (Didsbury), Hotel Excelsior, Mrs. B.P. Hutton house, Imperial Oil Co., Jakey "Magneto" store, Kemp buildings (Olds), Maclin Motors, A.H. Mayland garage, McLaughlin house, William Millar Store (Hodgson and Bates, architects), Morrison store (Didsbury), Olympic Bowling Alleys, Pace Apartments, Purity Flour Mills, Rio block, Riverside Iron Works, L.M. Roberts warehouse, Royalite Oil Co., Stewart Electric Hatcheries, Stewart's Auto Service (Airdrie), and W.S. Cooper Ltd.
Millar, Rex Arlo
- CA ACU GBA F3112
The fonds consists of newspaper columns written by Nancy primarily for the Calgary Herald, and research material compiled while writing her books on graveyards, the Famous Five, weddings and underwear. Includes a photograph album showing views of Calgary, Banff, and southern Alberta; and minutes and committee records related to her work with the Famous 5 Foundation.