Showing 392 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F0653
- 1912-1951, predominant 1912-1922
- The fonds consists of diaries (1913-1918); letters to his family (1912-1922); fur inventory and account books (1913-1926); newspaper clippings about the north; and photographs of the north, Fort Smith, and First Nations (ca. 1913-1917).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Arctic Red River, Athabasca Landing, Fort Chipewyan, Fort Fitzgerald, Fort McPherson, Fort Norman, Fort Providence, Fort Resolution, Fort Simpson, Fort Smith, Fort Wrigley, Hazelton, Herschel Island, and Smith Landing.
- CA ACU GBA F0314
The fonds consists of personal, military and IOOF papers of William B.; Thomas' photographs of the Cadomin Mine, Alberta; newsclippings; and portraits of family members.
Burnett, William B.
- CA ACU GBA F1587
The fonds consists of C.C. Ross' lantern slides of the oil industry in Alberta; and a microfilm of a scrapbook regarding Charles' sports and political activities, and John's sports activities.
- CA ACU GBA F0322
The fonds consists of legal agreements (1933-1934), insurance records (1913-1934), land titles and mortgages (1911-1935), advertisements (1930-1972), accounts (1916), patents (1911-1964), and employees roll of honour (1918). Also consists of photographs of office, plant operations, and C.C. Snowdon.
C.C. Snowdon Company
- CA ACU GBA F2763
The fonds consists of administrative and operational records.
Calgary Beautification Foundation
- CA ACU GBA C0157
The collection consists of interviews with Harry Irving, Ed Davis, Ted Riback, Chester Connaughty, Arthur Child, J.W. "Jack" McCaig, J.R. "Bud" McCaig, and Mr. Justice Marshall M. Porter. Subjects discussed include Irving Industries Ltd., farming, coal mining, Father Athol Murray, Burns Foods Ltd., transportation industry, Trimac Ltd., the legal profession, steel industry, petroleum industry, consulting engineering business, property development industry, mobile home manufacturing, service stations, and the Jewish community.
Calgary Business Oral History Project
- CA ACU GBA F0358
- 1886-1988, predominant 1928-1988
The fonds consists of published and unpublished news photographs (1886-1986) which include photographs of Calgary and Alberta events, personalities, buildings and sports teams; the southern Alberta oil industry; Calgary military personalities and views (1940s-1960s); and royal visits to Calgary (1951, 1953). Also consists of correspondence (1928-1965); financial records (1929-1970); union agreements (1947-1960); bylaw (1938); and property inventory (1913). Includes essays entered by Calgary pioneers in a Herald competition (1970); sketches, plans and maps of Calgary areas and buildings (1956-1961); miscellaneous programs, bulletins and newsclippings, and reference material; transcripts, court documents, etc regarding lawsuits of Rod Sykes - material used by Herald reporter Vern Simaluk to write his columns.
- CA ACU GBA F0381
- 1956-1988, predominant 1987-1988
The fonds consists of bylaws (1956), annual report (1962), and newsletters, The Derrick (1974-1975, 1987-1988).
Calgary Petroleum Club
- CA ACU GBA F0384
- 1886-1960, predominant 1907-1947
- The fonds consists of minutes (1909-1948), annual reports, agreements to provide service, legal agreements, lists of properties and assets, financial records, income tax returns, shareholders' records, construction records, and scripts for radio broadcasts sponsored by the company. Includes films, photographs and slides of power plant, dam and transmission line construction (1910-1962), and employee outings. Also includes Calgary Water Power Co. minutes (1890-1934), incorporation ordinance and bylaws, correspondence, agreements, annual reports, and financial records; and financial records of Montreal Engineering Co., Saskatchewan office, and Prairie Power Co., Regina. Also includes drawings relating to the automation of plants and dams.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: LOCATIONS SERVED: Acme, Airdrie, Aldersyde, Alix, Arrowwood, Balzac, Banff, Barons, Bashaw, Bassano, Bawlf, Beiseker, Bentley, Beverley, Black Diamond, Blackfalds, Blackie, Bon Accord, Bow Island, Bow River, Bowden, Brant, Brocket, Brooks, Bruderheim, Cadogan, Camrose, Cardston, Carmangay, Carstairs, Cayley, Champion, Chipman, Claresholm, Clive, Clover Bar, Cluny, Clyde, Coaldale, Coalhurst, Cochrane, Crossfield, Czar, Daysland, Didsbury, Eckville, Edberg, Elbow River, Ensign, Ferintosh, Fort Macleod, Fort Saskatchewan, Gleichen, Glenwood, Granum, Grassy Lake, Hardisty, Hayter, High River, Holden, Hughenden, Hussar, Innisfail, Irma, Irricana, Kananaskis, Killam, Kirkcaldy, Lacombe, Lake Chinika, Lake Minnewanka, Lamont, Legal, Leslieville, Lethbridge, Lougheed, Magrath, Metiskow, Milk River, Millet, Mirror, Morinville, Morleyville, Nanton, New Chicago, New Dayton, New Norway, Nobleford, Ohaton, Okotoks, Parkland, Pearce, Penhold, Picture Butte, Ponoka, Provost, Queenstown, Raymond, Red Deer, Rimbey, Rockeyford, Round Hill, Ryley, St. Albert, St. Paul, Sedgewick, Standard, Stavely, Sterling, Stony Plain, Strathmore, Suffield, Sylvan Lake, Taber, Thorsby, Tofield, Turner Valley, Viking, Vulcan, Wainwright, Warner, Westlock and Wetaskiwin. OTHER TOPICS: Alberta Government Telephones, Alberta Portland Cement Co., R.B. Bennett, Blue Quills School (St. Paul), Calgary Buffalo Athletic Association, Canadian National Railway (CNR), Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), CFCN, Eastern Irrigation District, Eau Claire and Bow River Lumber Co., Eau Claire Sawmills Ltd., David McDougall, prisoners of war, and Stoney reserve.
Calgary Power Company
- CA ACU GBA F0331
- 1905-1961, predominant 1919-1950
The fonds consists of correspondence (1919-1926), annual reports (1930-1961), notices to shareholders (1929-1930), sub-surface mineral reports (1905-1909, 1928), maps of oil leases, and newsclippings. Includes some correspondence with Imperial Oil Ltd. and Highwood Petroleum and Natural Gas Ltd.
Calgary and Edmonton Corporation