Showing 211 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA F0904
The fonds consists of personal papers: correspondence, financial records, certificates, newsclippings and scrapbooks; senate records: general subject files, committee records, penitentiaries files and inmates' correspondence; and Liberal party records: general subject and Alberta constituency files. Includes photographs of Liberals and a copy of the film, St. Laurent : The Man and his Country.
- CA ACU GBA F0906
- 1849-1944, predominant 1880-1942
- The fonds consists of correspondence (1880-1928), speeches, certificates, newsclippings, family genealogy, invitations, programs, and photographs of Haultain and the Haultain family.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: R.B. Bennett, Hon. George Brown, G.H.V. Bulyea, Cochrane Ranche, Edward VII, Alexander Galt, Elliott T. Galt, C.A. Magrath, Oliver Mowat, Frank Oliver, poetry, R.P. Roblin, A.L. Sifton, Treaty 7, and S.T. Wood.
Haultain, Frederick W.G.
- CA ACU GBA F0539
The fonds consists of Mounted Police diaries (1876-1886); biographical leaflet re S.J. Clarke; Queen's Hotel records; family scrapbooks and newspaper clippings; and photographs of S.J. Clarke, the family, Mounted Police, Banff scenery, and Calgary scenes including street construction, electrical cable installation, and streetcars.
Clarke, Simon John
- CA ACU GBA F0484
The fonds consists of diary of NWMP trek west.
Carscadden, Joseph J.
- CA ACU GBA F0491
- 1926-1970, predominant 1928-1940
The fonds consists of photographs taken while serving in the NWT: RCMP detachments, activities and personalities, Slaveys, Inuit, a treaty payment at Fort Rae (Treaty 11), Roman Catholic missions, dog sleds, drying fish, and the RCMP schooner "St. Roch" (1928-1940). Includes photograph of Carter in uniform (1926) and a letter by Carter describing the Albert Johnson hunt (1970).
Carter, William S.
- CA ACU GBA F0497
The fonds consists of Charles' autobiography and his reminiscences of his work as a policeman in Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
Cates, Charles Henry
- CA ACU GBA F0984
- 1897-1969, predominant 1908-1949
The fonds consists of school records, certificates, personal correspondence, and scrapbooks; transcript of interview about his life; and speeches, articles and transcripts of radio broadcasts on political, legal and military topics.
RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Rev. Hewlett Johnson, Col. J.S. Dennis, Thomas Atkins, Stephen Leacock, C.C. Ross, Liberal Party, and Mary McConkey (swimmer).
Hugill, John W.
- CA ACU GBA F0257
The fonds consists of J.H.G.'s articles and photographs re the NWMP; and a microfilm copy of the Stock Growers' Association minutes, cashbooks and membership lists (1896-1903), and livestock shipment records (1896-1913). Also consists of Colin's article on early Alberta ranches (1960); and his extensive photographs of: surveying and general views of Alberta and Saskatchewan (1910-1913); Eastern, United, and Lethbridge Northern Irrigation Districts (1938-1939); irrigation works on Alberta Railway and Irrigation Company, and Canada Land and Irrigation Company blocks (1938-1939); Bartman Dam (1937-1940); and construction of Currie Barracks (1934-1935). Includes Nellie Crockford's newsclippings about Medicine Hat and the Bray-Crockford families (ca. 1900-1960).
- CA ACU GBA F0288
- Copied 1977 (originally created 1938-1952)
The fonds consists of photographs of RCMP personalities and posts in northern Saskatchewan and the NWT.
Brown, James Orwell
- CA ACU GBA F0239
- 1865-1946, predominant 1865-1932
- The fonds consists of general correspondence, invoices and receipts; account books (1891-1896); legal and business correspondence (1865-1930); appeal books (1893-1932); and Masonic Lodge bylaws, regulations and correspondence (1898-1930). Also includes Bown's extensive collection of vintage First Nations and pioneer photographs from the Ernest Brown Studio in Edmonton.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS AND MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST: Alberta Gold Dredging Syndicate, Alberta Mutual Fire Insurance Co., Delia Anderson, Dr. Andrew B. Baird, John A. Brown, Calgary and Edmonton Railway Co., Canada Radiator Co., Canadian Mutual Loan and Investment Co., Canadian Northern Railway, Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR), Canadian West Land Co., Chinese, Isaac Cowie, Cuthbertson and Co., Herbert James Dawson, Fernand de Journel, Driard Hotel (Wetaskiwin), Edmonton and Saskatchewan Land Co., Edmonton Exhibition Association, Edmonton Sawmill Co., Edmonton Street Railway Co., Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, Malcolm Forbes Groat, Walter S. Groat, Frank Hamilton, Bertha Hetu, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), James Duncan Hyndman, Joseph Kelly, J.K. Kennedy, Klondike gold rush, William F. Langworthy, Law Society of Alberta, Liberal-Conservative Party, liquor traffic, Mays Coal Co., Charles de Wolfe McDonald, Metis (scrip), murder, Northwestern Utilities Ltd., Edward H. O'Brien, M. Evanson O'Brien, Antonio Prince, prostitution, Queen's Hotel (Edmonton), Revillon freres, 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion), Harry Havelock Robertson, Scottish Ontario and Manitoba Land Co., Richard Secord, Strathcona, John Walter Ltd., and Wetaskiwin (land).
Bown, John Campbell Ferrie