Showing 218 resultsArchival description
41 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F1961
- 1864-2007, predominant 1886-1966
The fonds consists of John Taylor Wood's diaries, speeches and miscellaneous correspondence ((1864-1903); Zachary Taylor Wood's diaries (primarily NWMP/RNWMP journals) (1886-1915), personal papers (1879-1915), and Yukon memorabilia (1897-1915); Stuart Taylor Wood's diaries (primarily RNWMP/RCMP journals)(1908-1951), personal papers (1910-1966), and records related to Herschel Island (1904-1964); Stuart Taylor Wood's research collection, related to the history of the Mounted Police (1873-1960s), including material about Major James Walsh, Fort Walsh, the March West, Wood Mountain, the Cypress Hills Massacre, various NWMP forts, and the Yukon during the Klondike gold rush; Zack Taylor Wood's letters to his wife during the Second World War (1939-1945); and extensive photographs of the Wood family, Mounted Police, Yukon and Herschel Island (1878-1961).
- CA ACU GBA F1942
- 1879-1954, predominant 1895-1933
- The fonds consists of correspondence, certificates, articles and notes, newsclippings, and photographs, primarily pertaining to Rocky Mountain personalities and history. Includes many photographs of Stoneys.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Phillip S. Abbott, Silas Abraham, Samuel E.S. Allen, Alpine Club of Canada, G.P. Baker, Robert L. Barrett, Dwight James Baum, John Bearspaw, H.A. Beatty, Morley Beaver, Harry M. Beck, Jonas Bigstoney, Charles A. Bramble, G.D. Brophy, Sir George McLean Brown, A.B. Caeder, J.C. Campbell, caribou, J. Norman Collie, Hector Crawler, Guy Davenport, George M. Dawson, B. Deville, Devil's Head Mountain, Howard Douglas, Charles E. Fay, Floe Lake, Fort Steele, John Murray Gibbon, Jean Habel, George H. Ham, J.B. Harkin, Joshua Hunter, J.A. Jaffary, L.T. Keelie, Kootenay Plains, Frederick V. Langstaff, Agnes C. Laut, M. McDonald, John McDougall, James A. Macmillan, H.T. Mathews, S.H. Mitchell, Moraine Lake, Newton Newkirk, Frederick Niven, Walter J. Nixon, Frederick Ogilvy, Geoffrey O'Hara, Frank Oliver, Elizabeth Parker, William Pearce, Ralph Reed, Harold W. Riley, Mary C. Rundle, Charles Schaffer, Arthur L. Sifton, songs, Paul Standard, Samuel B. Steele, Ken Start, taxidermy, P.E. Thian, Charles S. Thompson, A.E. Tregent, James Walker, J.M. Wardle, P.S. Warren, Peter Wesley, Arthur O. Wheeler, Edward Whymper, Walter D. Wilcox, Elizabeth "Bessy" Wilson, and T.C. Zamaski.
- CA ACU GBA F2750
The fonds consists of statements, depositions, newspaper coverage and correspondence relating to Canadian Pacific Railway accident at Southesk and miscellaneous other train accidents in Alberta; Canadian Pacific Railway, Alberta District Locomotive Firemen and Engineers’ seniority lists (1908-1985); and Canadian Pacific Railway, Alberta District timetables. Includes one Canadian National Railway, Alberta Area employee operating timetable (1971).
- CA ACU GBA F1082
- 1885-1986, predominant 1891-1936
The fonds consists of diaries and work journals, primarily related to railway work (1891-1936); CPR wage book (1887-1888); miscellaneous personal papers (1888-1939); Railway-related reference material compiled by T.K.'s son Donald Kilpatrick (1972-1986); and photographs of railway and Revelstoke views (1885-1929). Includes E.J. Duchesnay's work journal of the Stikine River survey (1897). Also includes a recorded interview with Donald Kilpatrick (1982) about early Revelstoke, his father's career and railways.
- CA ACU GBA F0453
- 1901-1954, predominant 1926-1930
The fonds consists of architectural plans and drawings of CPR hotels, chalets and camps (1901-1954, mainly 1926-1930); photographs of construction, fire damage and reconstruction of Palliser Hotel, Banff Springs Hotel and Chateau Lake Louise (1911-1953); and specifications of materials and work for Hotel Vancouver addition (ca. 1901).
Canadian Pacific Railway. Hotel Department
- CA ACU GBA F0477
- The fonds consists of alphabetical office files and financial records of Cardinal Coach Lines (1947-1976) and Calgary Gray Line (1959-1971); Jerry's appointment books, personal correspondence and scrapbook; and records of organizations in which he was active.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Mission to Europe, Alberta School Bus Operators' Association, Ellwood Barbour, Better Business Bureau (Calgary), Boy Scouts, Calgary Allied Arts Centre, Calgary Brewery Aquarium, Calgary Chamber of Commerce, Calgary Giants Baseball Club, Calgary Olympic Development Association, Calgary Zoological Society, Canadian Rockies Tourist Association, Chestermere Cabin Owners' Association, R.A. "Bob" Dennison, Gerald and Ronald Ensign, Gino Faoro, Foothills Sightseeing Tours, Ernest R. Hankins, E.R. "Bud" Jayes, Kasota Camp committee, George McKinney, Naval Officers' Association (Calgary), North Calgary Business Association, Oksi Hill garden, Murray Ormberg, Mr. and Mrs. W.J. Payne, Prairie Bible Institute (Three Hills), William Rowan, St. Matthew's United Church, Lawrence Schrader, Society for Hearing Handicapped Children, Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Sarcee (Tsuut'ina)/Stoney reserve, Travel Alberta Zone Assistance Program, United Nations Association (Calgary), Lee Walkey, Western Canada Motor Coach Association and Westwinds Club.
Cardinal Coach Lines
- CA ACU GBA F0101
The fonds consists of photographs of surveyors, construction workers and the construction of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway from Jasper to Fort George.
Ansell, Arthur W.
- CA ACU GBA F0099
- 1908-1924, predominant 1922-1924
The fonds consists of Mike Andriaschuk's Galician passport and his wage statements from Bankhead and Brazeau Colleries. Also includes photographs of CPR construction workers.
- CA ACU GBA F0070
The fonds consists of photographs of family and construction of Grand Trunk Pacific Railway into Calgary, and miscellaneous family papers.
- CA ACU GBA F0051
The fonds consists of ATA minutes (1939-1978); Motor Carriers Association of Alberta minutes (1963-1965); ATA Safety Council minutes (1976-1985); submissions to government; financial statements and operating authorities; and photographs of Miles Transport and Richardson's Transport, trucking activities and personalities. Includes recorded interviews with these trucking company owners: John Attrell, Milt Baker, Abe Bergen, Alvin Bietz, John Bill, John Boychuk, Mel Calhoun, Ed Caron, Jim Chapman, Chester Chrzanowski, Jack Devitt, Ken Edwards, Peter Figol, George Friesen, Alan Gehring, Rudy Gehring, Fred Gossett, Jack Gow, Bazil Hindmarsh, Clarence Kenway, Jim Lolacheur, Lyle Lebbert, John Magee, Chris Mikkelson, Harold Richardson, R.R. Robinson, Gordon Taylor, Jack Veitch, and George Waite (Sr.).
Alberta Trucking Association