Affichage de 438 résultatsDescription archivistique
- CA ACU GBA F1546
- 1935-1978, predominant 1951-1975
- The fonds consists of personal correspondence, invitations, programs, newsclippings and a recorded interview; and business correspondence and reports pertaining to Meadowlark Athletic Association, construction of the Beth Israel Synagogue, Calgary Community Foundation, opening of the CN Tower in Edmonton, and other business activities. Includes photographs of Bel-Aire Estates, United Trailer Company and various Calgary organizations. Also includes audio recordings of a Calgary Community Foundation meeting (1971), and a Beth Israel 25th Anniversary event (1976); also includes records relating to Camp B'Nai Brith Riback at Pine Lake.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: A.G. "Tony" Anselmo, Canadian Council of Christians and Jews, Harry Cohen, curling, Maclean E. "Mac" Jones, D.P. "Danny" McCullough, Ronald Donald Southern, and Charles Waterman.
- CA ACU GBA F1504
The fonds consists of diaries and photographs related to his homesteading experience. The diaries describe his trip to Canada, work as a farm labourer for others, his social life (primarily dances on Saturday nights), work on his homestead, and his growing business as a barber, fixing up his house, marriage to Ida Bower, and birth of his daughter.
- CA ACU GBA F2790
The fonds consists of menus, promotional material for both the restaurants and catering service, newspaper clippings, designs for uniforms, children's bibs, and a lease for the first Pancake House. Includes photographs of a restaurant, staff and parade float.
Phil's Pancake House
- CA ACU GBA F1420
- 1890-1960, predominant 1920s-1940s
The fonds consists of photographs of Calgary streets, events, institutions, personalities and businesses including Calgary Brewing and Malting Company (1906-1944); the Calgary Stampede, events and contestants, and native peoples (1910s-1940s); outdoor activities in Vermilion Lakes, Waterton, Banff and Jasper taken for the Parks Branch (1928-1936); the Oliver family and the Diamond L ranch (1890, 1910-1944); Lerner hunting trips to Africa, southeast Asia and Alaska (1936-1939); and farms, ranches and the oil industry in the Calgary area (1910s-1920s). Includes maps produced for Oliver by his guide, Ralph Rink, for his photographic expedition from Lake Louise to Jasper (1928); and miscellaneous business letterheads and share certificates.
- CA ACU GBA C0212
- [ca. 1880-1995]
The collection consists of paper artifacts including advertiques (blotters, paper placemats, etc.); transit and railway tickets; savings coupons from breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, etc.; various licences and certificates; soap wrappers; laundry bills; ration books; and other items.
Glenbow Archives (oddments)
- CA ACU GBA F1396
- 1886-1986, predominant 1912-1969
- The fonds consists of biographical, personal and family papers (1886-1982); records about the establishment and promotion of the Noble Foundation (1912-1921); material compiled in 1957 by Glenbow staff member O.S. Longman about the Noble Foundation, Cameron Ranch, Sir Roderick W. Cameron, etc.(1913-1957); Noble Farms records including correspondence about farming operations, and the development, manufacture, patenting and marketing of the Noble Cultivator ((1933-1940); Noble Cultivators Ltd. patent records, promotional literature, patent infringement correspondence, financial ledgers, employee timesheets, and films (directed by Carly Stewart) featuring Noble agricultural implements (1937-1986). Includes extensive photographs of agricultural activities on the Cameron Ranch and Grandview Farm, the farm implements factory, family members, and Nobleford (aerial views).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: agricultural machinery, Alberta Pacific Grain Company, Sir Roderick W. Cameron, Annie Delameter, George W. Gareau, Robert Gratz, R.J. Hutchings, John Deere Plow Company, Johnson Farm Machine Company (Barons), Ralph Kooy, Lethbridge Iron Works, Matthews Manufacturing Co. (Red Deer), Oscar A. Olson, Perfection Machine Works (Calgary), Riverside Iron Works (Calgary), Ralph and Daisy Vennum, and Victory Equipment Company (Lethbridge).
Noble, Charles S.
- CA ACU GBA F1262
The fonds consists of photographs from Byron-May studio (1909-1916) and McDermid studio (1912-1929) of Edmonton businesses, buildings, industry, institutions, exhibitions, personalities, sports events and agriculture, ranching and oil and gas wells in surrounding areas such as Peace River and Grande Prairie. Also consists of McDermid photographs of Edmonton unemployed, demonstrations and political figures during the Depression, Second World War parades, local events, military groups, and the post-Second World War building construction and oil boom in Edmonton and area (ca. 1919-1967). Includes photographs of Percy Byron and Byron-May staff (1913-1914), and Frederick McDermid and McDermid staff and studio (1913-1940, 1950); also includes indexes to photo clients.
- CA ACU GBA F1566
The fonds consists of photographs of Calgary, Banff and Lake Louise (ca. 1940s); slides of mountain landscapes by Roland Gissing (1940s); slides of Stoneys by Gerda Christofferson and her model release forms (1940s); and correspondence regarding sales of slides (1949, 1950). Includes agreement and list of creditors related to sale of Photocrafts (1953), miscellaneous financial records (1949, 1950), and photographs of Sarcee (Tsuut'ina) by Arnold Lupson (1940s).
- CA ACU GBA F1142
The fonds consists of John Leslie's family and business correspondence, and real estate ledger; Jack Leslie's election papers, correspondence, speeches, invitations and conference papers; photographs of the family and of functions attended by Mayor Leslie; and Jean Leslie's genealogical sketches, historical articles, research files and interviews. Includes recorded interviews with Helen Yule about the EP Ranch, John James Saucier, Jack Grogan, Carl Cummer, Dudley Batchelor, Mrs. Leinweber, Mary Dover, Archdeacon Swanson, Sydney Vallance, A.G. Graves, Isobel Newton, Judge Thorson, Tom Dorchester, Ron Glass, Tom Glass, Kelly Sutherland, Gary Dorchester, Clarence Mack, Art Briars, Sadie Briars, James M. Wardle, and "Harry" who was involved in the construction of the Banff Windermere Highway.
- CA ACU GBA C0059
- The collection consists of recorded interviews. Transcripts are available for nine of the interviews.
- INTERVIEWS WITH THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Robert Armstrong, Peter Aumonier, Betty Baker, G. Keith Bevans, Abe Bickman, Gary Bikman, Gordon Black, Don Blake, Fred Blake, R.F.P. "Puddy" Bowman, Marty Boyce, John Breckenridge, Florence Campbell, Joseph Caruana, John C. Charyk, Harry W. Clark, Ernest Corbett, Samuel G. Coultis, Clarence Crockett, Carl B. Cummer, William P. Davidson, Frank Dawley, William Dick, Arthur H. Dixon, Frank Fallwell, E. Fielder, E.C. "Pat" Fitt, Robert Fleming, Don Frache, Bill Gillott, Dick Girardi, Albert Goodwin, Ruth Gorman, Alva Gross, John Hamilton, George Ho Lem, Art Hollings, Mrs. Rickie Horodezky, Charles Hubman, Bob Hulbert, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Johnson, Doug Johnson, John Kapalka, Peter Karsten, Harold J. Kellam, Mart Kenney, Owen Kenney, James Kerr, Ernie Kipp, Thomas W. Kirkham, Stanley Kitchen, Steven Kotch, Eugene Kush, Lorne Laidlaw, Ike Lanier, Vic Lewis, Robert L. Llewellyn, G. Webb Lomas, Keith Matthews, Fred J. Mellen, Hugh McCarthy, Richard McLaren, Barbara Moore, Pearl Morrison, Joseph Moscovitch, Harry Musgrove, James Nesbitt, Gordon B. Nicoll, Harry F. O'Hanlon, Carl V. Pearson, Mary-Jane Piotrowski, Hans Pfister, Marie Podbielski, Tommy Price, Orville Reber, C.W. Redfern, Donald C. Remington, J. Kenneth Ringland, Herbert Ripley, Philip Rogers, Fred J. Ronicker, Bertha Rosewarn, Harold Routledge, Ken Ruttle, David Schriner, Steve Sears, Gerry C. Shapter, A.W. "Archie" Sheffield, Dr. A.E. Shore, Art Simpson, Wayne Smith, Alan Spencer, Eleanor "Nell" Spragins, Robert F. Spragins, Rod Stafford-Mayer, Carly Stewart, Carl Stone, J. Ivor Strong, James Tamagi, Myron Thompson, Alrik Tiberg, Alvie Tillotson, Judge Louis Sherman Turcotte, William J. Watts, H.K. "Pat" Williams, Clifford Willmott, and Noel Wilson.