Showing 438 resultsArchival description
- ACU GBA F2237
- [ca. 1910-1918]
The fonds consists of photographs of streets, businesses, hotels, hospitals, Bow River, swimming pool, garage and boat house, mountain scenery, and wildlife in Banff, Alberta; and views of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry leaving Calgary for France.
Sambrook, Isaac William
- ACU GBA F1585
- 1872-1973, predominant 1955-1965
The fonds consists of extensive photographs of Calgary personalities, commerce, events, buildings, and the Calgary Stampede (1944-1965); and a number of photographs of Kay's relatives and locations in Manitoba (1872-1973). Includes index of photograph order numbers and clients (1954-1956), reminiscences of Kay's grandmother, Margaret Cruikshank (1943), newsclippings about the Cruikshanks and Milnes (ca. 1940s) and Rosettis Studio calling cards.
- ACU GBA F1571
The fonds consists of business correspondence, financial records, legal agreements and contracts, mill workbooks, flour inventories, photographs of the mill, and architectural plans of warehouses, mills, grain elevators and railway sidings. Includes minute book and stock certificate book of F.A. Bean Farms Ltd. (1916-1956), and Calgary Milling Company cookbook (1910).
Robin Hood Flour Mills (Calgary)
- ACU GBA F1569
- 1890-1985, predominant 1928-1985
The fonds consists of a William's business and property records (1890-1934); Nellie's newspaper clippings about the Calgary Women's Hostel, Samaritan Club and the family (1921-1935); William and Nellie's letters of condolence on deaths of children (1892, 1905); Don's business records regarding oil and gas, real estate, restaurants and clothing stores (1914-1985); and Don's family correspondence, memberships, and will (1917-1980).
- ACU GBA F3189
The fonds consists of correspondence, financial records including account books, mail order catalogues, advertising and promotional material, newspaper clippings about the history and development of the company, and photographs of stores, displays, and saddles.
Riley and McCormick
- ACU GBA F1546
- 1935-1978, predominant 1951-1975
- The fonds consists of personal correspondence, invitations, programs, newsclippings and a recorded interview; and business correspondence and reports pertaining to Meadowlark Athletic Association, construction of the Beth Israel Synagogue, Calgary Community Foundation, opening of the CN Tower in Edmonton, and other business activities. Includes photographs of Bel-Aire Estates, United Trailer Company and various Calgary organizations. Also includes audio recordings of a Calgary Community Foundation meeting (1971), and a Beth Israel 25th Anniversary event (1976); also includes records relating to Camp B'Nai Brith Riback at Pine Lake.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: A.G. "Tony" Anselmo, Canadian Council of Christians and Jews, Harry Cohen, curling, Maclean E. "Mac" Jones, D.P. "Danny" McCullough, Ronald Donald Southern, and Charles Waterman.
- ACU GBA F1504
The fonds consists of diaries and photographs related to his homesteading experience. The diaries describe his trip to Canada, work as a farm labourer for others, his social life (primarily dances on Saturday nights), work on his homestead, and his growing business as a barber, fixing up his house, marriage to Ida Bower, and birth of his daughter.
- ACU GBA F2790
The fonds consists of menus, promotional material for both the restaurants and catering service, newspaper clippings, designs for uniforms, children's bibs, and a lease for the first Pancake House. Includes photographs of a restaurant, staff and parade float.
Phil's Pancake House
- ACU GBA F1460
The fonds consists of John's and Wahnita's certificates, scrapbooks, and biographies; and financial records, promotional literature and photographs of the dancing school. Also consists of Ken's pharmacy notebooks, prescription books, financial statements, advertisements, circulars to customers, lease agreements, and miscellaneous pharmacy records. Includes recorded interviews with Wahnita and Ken Penley.
- ACU GBA C0081
- 1894-2002, predominant 1982-1993
The collection consists of biographical files about Alberta pharmacists, recorded interviews (sound) with pharmacists, historical files on drugstores, prescriptions and formula books, and photographs of pharmacists and their activities. Includes reminiscences of the 1918 influenza epidemic.