Showing 407 resultsArchival description
107 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F1504
The fonds consists of diaries and photographs related to his homesteading experience. The diaries describe his trip to Canada, work as a farm labourer for others, his social life (primarily dances on Saturday nights), work on his homestead, and his growing business as a barber, fixing up his house, marriage to Ida Bower, and birth of his daughter.
- CA ACU GBA F2790
The fonds consists of menus, promotional material for both the restaurants and catering service, newspaper clippings, designs for uniforms, children's bibs, and a lease for the first Pancake House. Includes photographs of a restaurant, staff and parade float.
Phil's Pancake House
- CA ACU GBA F0170
- 1855-1943, predominant 1902-1943
The fonds consists of correspondence with Lina's family in the USA (1912-1913), her personal diaries (1910-1913, 1936-1944), Gordon's departmental exams (1927- 1931), and all three sons' school reports (1918-1933). Includes Club Cafe menus, postcards, a proposed constitution for the American Woman's Club of Calgary, and journals from the Alberta Boys' Parliament. Also includes photographs of the Beavers and Shirley families (1855-1940s), Al Azhar activities, the Club Cafe, and various carnivals (1908).
- CA ACU GBA F1862
The fonds consists of account books (1921-1947), dealers agreements, miscellaneous correspondence, and photographs of staff and office building.
W.S. Cooper Company
- CA ACU GBA F2781
The fonds consists of financial records, correspondence, minutes, reports and photographs relating to The Carlyle Dairy Company, Crystal Dairies, Union Milk, United Dairies Jersey Farms and Velvet Ice Cream. Also includes correspondence relating to Dairy Corporation of Canada and historical information on the Carlyle family and the dairy business.
- CA ACU GBA F1795
- The fonds consists of correspondence, financial records, reports and share certificates pertaining to his business ventures; constitutions, minutes, correspondence, programs and newsclippings of organizations in which he was active; and photographs and postcards of family, business and organizational activities. Includes some Cartwright family papers.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Ainsworth Oils Ltd., Allegheny Oils Ltd., Anaconda Oil Co., Bituminous Sand Extraction Co., Black Diamond Oil Fields Ltd., Brock Petroleum Ltd., Calgary Checker Club, Calgary Gladiolus Society, Calgary Poultry Association, Calmont Oils Ltd., Canada Southern Oil and Refining Co., Davies Petroleums Ltd., East Crest Oil Co, Elbow Oil Co., Fleetwood Petroleum Ltd., Masonic Lodge, New Valley Oil Co., Pacalta Royalties, Pacific Oil and Refining Co., Phillips Petroleum Co., Rainier Oils Ltd., Ranchmen's Gas and Oil Co., Roberta Oils Ltd., Rockland Oils Ltd., Sam Drumheller Oil and Gas Co., Stockmen Oils Ltd., temperance (songs), and Zenith Companies Ltd.
Timms, Percival J.
- CA ACU GBA F1756
- The fonds consists of autobiographical notes, personal correspondence (including First World War letters from friends in England), naturalization paper, tax returns, farming journals, legal agreements, programs, postcards, and greeting cards. Includes some records pertaining to farm, mechanic and oil activities.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Anaconda Oil Co., Dominion Air Industries, Monalta Oil Co., Motor Car Supply Co., Siegel Auto Co., H.C. Strain, Thomas Strain, Universal Repair Shop, and Weymarn Petroleums Ltd.
- CA ACU GBA F1800
- 1911-1965, predominant 1911-1953
The fonds consists of partnership agreement, memorandum of association, minutes, correspondence, legal agreements, employee register, income tax returns, financial statements, and architectural plans of the Toole Peet building. Includes some of A.J. Toole's personal correspondence, and records regarding Col. Gilbert Sanders' estate.
Toole, Peet and Company
- CA ACU GBA F1784
The fonds consists of correspondence, greenhouse notebooks, cashbooks, time sheets and scrapbooks.
- CA ACU GBA F1985
- The fonds consists of designs and sketches, samples, pricelists, cashbook (photocopy only), photographs of signs and buildings, and catalogues. Includes some personal papers of George and Ernest Taylor.
- SKETCHES OF SIGNS FOR THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS AND A MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST: Alexander News Stand, Calgary Clothing Co., Canadian Fairbanks Morse Co., Carlton Cafe, Grunwald Hotel, King George Hotel, Matthew's Music House, Ruth Beautifiers, Strand Cigar Store, and White House Ice Cream Parlour.