Showing 1500 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F0214
- 1921-1964, predominant 1940-1960
- The fonds consists of personal, political and family correspondence (1939-1964); teaching records and Sunday school lessons (1913-1935); and records from John's political career as MP (1935-1958) including office administration records, speeches, radio broadcasts, drafts of publications, letterbooks, and subject and constituency files. Includes other political material (1958-1964).
Blackmore, John Horn
- CA ACU GBA F0523
- 1901-1964, predominant 1907-1910, 1964
The fonds consists of photographs of Western Canada Cement and Coal Co., the Exshaw area, and Christie (1907-1910); and autobiographical manuscript, "Exshaw's Early Days" (1964).
Christie, Alexander Graham
- CA ACU GBA F1026
- 1908-1942, 1964
The fonds consists of diaries (1908-1941), obituaries (1942), and Dr. W.G. Anderson's reminiscences about Happy Jack, as published in the Brooks newspaper (1964); photographs of Jackson and Mexico ranch.
Jackson, Happy Jack
- CA ACU GBA C0077
The collection consists of photographs of early Priddis settlers and organizations; and historical articles regarding Bradfield Ranch, St. James Anglican Church, Priddis Community Hall and Priddis schools.
Park, Eunice J.
- CA ACU GBA F1172
- The fonds consists of his autobiographical manuscript, "Pioneers and Pioneering in Western Canada" (1963); correspondence, notes and reports he compiled for Glenbow related to Alberta agriculture and irrigation (1894-1964); films related to a wide variety of agricultural topics (ca. 1920-1955); photographs of agriculture and agricultural personalities (1884-1959); and excerpts from the 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion) diary of his father, Charles Longman.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Edward C. Barrow, blacksmiths, Bow River irrigation, Oscar Carlson, Horace A. Craig, creameries, William T. Finlay, flour and feed trade, Claude Gallinger, W.A. Gray, Herbert Greenfield, Frank S. Grisdale, Hanna, H.M. Hatfield, George Hoadley, E.A. Howes, irrigation, Leroy Victor Kelly, R.H. Knight, Lake McGregor, Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District, lumber trade, C.P. Marker, Duncan Marshall, McIntyre Ranching Co., Gavin Middleton, Parry Sound Colony, Sid Phemie, ranching, James H. Ross, Lauwrence M. Rye, Sangudo, seed growers, Southern Alberta Land Co., Special Areas, Peter A. Stahlberg, T.H. Tinney, Herman Trelle, University of Alberta, Vegreville, Whitecourt, and Rudy Wiebe.
- CA ACU GBA F0679
The fonds consists of photographs of the Turner Valley oilfields and area, Dingman Wells #1 and #2, the Southern Alberta Oil Refinery, derrick construction, transportation of oil and gas, and the Dingman family. The fonds also consists of A.W. Dingman's reports and prospectuses related to the Calgary Natural Gas Company and Calgary Petroleum Products Company; Claude Dingman's notes and articles on the petroleum industry; Turner Valley operative results (1913-1935); and Corrine Dingman Patteson's family scrapbook. Includes a 1956 speech by Eric Harvie about the discovery of oil in Turner Valley.
- CA ACU GBA F1387
- The fonds consists of personal correspondence (1930-1964); farm notebooks, livestock records and tax assessments; records of many agricultural livestock and other organizations in which he was involved; and articles, speeches, broadcasts, correspondence, circulars, election returns, etc., pertaining to Social Credit. Includes a minute book of the UGG, Clyde local (1920-1927), secretary-treasurer's files of the United Farmers of Canada, Alberta Section (1938-1944), and minutes, correspondence, reports, resolutions, etc. of the Alberta Farmers' Union (1943-1947).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: William Aberhart, Alberta Cooperative Wheat Producers, Alberta Federation of Agriculture, Alberta Percheron Association, Alberta Provincial Sheep Breeders' Association, Armed Forces Federation, Patrick H. Ashby, George S. Bevington, Canadian Federation of Agriculture, Canadian Union of Electors, communism, Cooperative Commonwealth Federation (CCF), Maj. C.H. Douglas, Federation of Canadian Voters, flouride, Ronald Gostick, grain trade, Ronald Jaques, Jews, Walter F. Kuhl, Liberal Party, Solon Low, Ernest C. Manning, National Social Credit Association of Canada, Northern Alberta Dairy Pool, James Harper Prowse, Technocracy, and United Farmers of Alberta (UFA).
Nichols, Herbert Edward
- CA ACU GBA C0007
The collection consists of Charles R. Bunn's genealogical correspondence, research notes and newsclippings (1921-1964); John R. Bunn's diaries (1930-1931); and miscellaneous Red River letters, accounts, and fur lists (1866-1879). Includes credit record book (1866-1894) kept by A.G.B. Bannatyne, in which he recorded the credit ratings of his various customers. In this volume Bannatyne also copied the journal of Alexander Begg. His son, A.R. James Bannatyne, later annotated the volume with biographical sketches of individuals named in Begg's journal, and of his father's customers.
Bunn, Charles Randolph
- CA ACU GBA C0017
- Copied 1979-1981 (originally created 1921-1964)
The collection consists of photographs of DeBolt personalities, farming views, picnics, sports days and other events.
DeBolt Historical Society
- CA ACU GBA F0387
- 1910-1965, predominant 1962-1963
The fonds consists of grand opening program, invitations and leaflet with plans of the Central Library (1963), seven plans of the Central Library (1962), and twelve plans of the Memorial Park Library (ca. 1910-1912).
Calgary Public Library