Showing 462 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU TMM F0073
Fonds consists of trench maps of various scales that were used in the operations of the 19th Battalion during their time at the front. Also includes a set of field message books with carbons intact that record Gidley's wartime communications with other officers. Materials were originally created and gathered by Gidley in his capacity as commanding officer of the 19th Battalion, B Company. Fonds has been divided into three series: Maps, Field Notebooks, and Miscellaneous.
Henderson, Charles Arnold
- CA ACU TMM F0042
Fonds consists of records and photographs gathered by Banks in his capacity as a soldier in the Canadian Army, during and after WWII, as well as some items related to Banks's personal life.
The fonds is divided into 5 series:
- Military records
Banks, John Ian
- CA ACU TMM F0059
Fonds consists of letters and photographs pertaining to the military career of Archie Sheffield, ca. WWI. Files in the donation related correspondence series help to interpret references in the letters from 1916.
Sheffield, Archie Wilmer
- CA ACU TMM F0044
The collection consists of 53 postcards, 1 greeting card and 1 photograph : b&w she received from five different soldiers prior to, during the course of and following WW I. The names of the soldiers in alphabetical order with the number and type of item received is as follows:
Arthur A. Botsford: Christmas Greeting Card from Moore
Barracks, Shorncliffe, Kent, England (undated).
"Hislop": Postcard (dated “3-5-19”).
Thomas E. Randall: 11 postcards and 1 photograph (dated 1915-16). The photograph is a unit photograph of Randall’s Machine Gun Section and all members of the unit are identified on the reverse.
"Royal": 10 postcards, most expressing considerable affection and suggestive of a romantic interest, if not relationship (dated (1913-14).
Undetermined: Authorship of 2 postcards not determinable.
Will 5 postcards. These appear to be part of what was originally a series of six consecutive cards with one missing (undated).
The remainder of the postcards have not been written on. The pictures on the post cards’ front sides are a wide variety of subjects mostly scenic, but several which are military related and a few cartoons. One of the postcards is actually a postcard-sized
advertising card for a sheet metal and furnace/boiler company.
Taylor, Helen E.
- CA ACU TMM F0025
- 1914 - 1920
Fonds consists of material gathered and/or created by Frederick Smith during his time as a soldier in the Canadian Expeditionary Force of WWI. The fonds includes a series of letters of written by Smith to Ella Snoddy, his fiancée, during each of the years he served overseas.
Smith, Frederick Edwin
- CA ACU TMM F0041
Collection consists of cards and postcards, some blank, some written, that were gathered by Ingrid Osborne. 12 items total.
- CA ACU TMM F0048
- 1914- 1919, 1940-1942, 1973-2008
Fonds consists of the material gathered together by the author as he conducted extensive research into the topics dealt with in each of his five publications.
The fonds is divided into eight series:
- Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
- Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
- Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
- Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
- Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
- Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
- Slides and film strips.