Print preview Close
Showing 3 resultsArchival description
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
- CA ACU SPC F0013-S0002-FL0053
Part of Gwen Pharis Ringwood fonds.
- Correspondence (1952 October 13-1983 January 10), between various representatives of CBC and Gwen Pharis Ringwood.
- Correspondence about the submission and consideration of scripts for possible production on CBC television and radio including the successful production of Lament for harmonica by CBC television in Montreal and A remembrance of miracles by CBC Radio in B.C. and the purchase of Garage sale by CBC Radio, Vancouver. Includes a CBC Radio Program guide, v. 1, no. 2, October 7-20, 1979, and a brochure announcing the CBC Literary Competition IV.
- Includes references to the following: Lament for harmonica; The courting of Marie Jenvrin; The road runs north; The magic carpets of Antonio Angelini; Still stands the house; Sammy Joe and the moose; Restez, Michelle, don't go; A remembrance of miracles; Some people's grandfathers give them cigarettes to smoke; The stranger; So gracious the time; Maya; A fine colored Easter egg; The bells of England; Heidi; It's up to you; Younger brother; Garage sale; The furies; The wall; The lodge; Scenes from a country life; The last fifteen minutes.
Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission.
- CA ACU SPC F0008-S0001-FL1014
Part of Alden Nowlan fonds.
- Correspondence (n.d., 1972 January 15 - 1979 August 4), between members of the Roosevelt Campobello International Park Commission and Alden Nowlan.
- Correspondence relating to the funding, writing and publication of Campobello : the outer island (Clark, Irwin, 1975). Includes outlines of the book submitted by A. Nowlan to the Commission for approval as well as letters from Commission members and others associated with Campobello Island making comments and suggesting changes in the manuscript of the book. Verso of item 57 contains unidentified article or column fragment. Includes references to the following: Campobello : the outer island; Passing the time with Gerry Regan.
Clarke, Irwin & Company Limited.
- CA ACU SPC F0008-S0001-FL0260
Part of Alden Nowlan fonds.
- Correspondence (1973 January 3 - 1974 November 5), between various representatives of Clarke, Irwin & Company Limited and Alden Nowlan.
- Correspondence relating chiefly to publication of Various persons named Kevin O'Brien, I'm a stranger here myself, Campobello : the outer island and paperback editions of Bread, wine and salt, The mysterious naked man and Between tears and laughter. Correspondence between Louise Dennys and A. Nowlan discusses in some detail suggested editorial changes prior to publishing the books, especially Various persons named Kevin O'Brien. Includes references to the following: Various persons named Kevin O'Brien; Miracle at Indian River : short story collection; One cold bright afternoon; Rumours of war; Kevin and Stephanie; The imaginary soldier; Life and times; There was an old woman from Wexford : short story/novel chapter; Hello, out there; Bread, wine and salt; Between tears and laughter; The mysterious naked man : poetry collection; The Hetherington murder case; The kneeling of the cattle; His native place; Letter to a young friend; The golden pyramids of the sun; Campobello : the outer island; I'm a stranger here myself; What's more Canadian than Stompin' Tom? : the beaver, maybe; Frankenstein : the man who became god; Love poem for a stranger; On being the subject of a documentary; Vancouver poem; The terrible choice; Seeing and believing; Deuces wild; Alden Nowlan's notebook; Shaped by this land.