Showing 2 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU SPC F0018-S0011-FL0121
- 1978 May 5 - 1988 August 22
Part of John Metcalf fonds.
- Correspondence between representatives of ECW Press, chiefly Robert Lecker and Jack David, and John Metcalf.
- File consists of letters relating to publication and promotion by ECW Press of General Ludd, Kicking against the pricks and The bumper book and to publication of new editions of The teeth of my father, The lady who sold furniture and Going down slow; discussing Canadian publishers, publishing, authors, literature and book reviews; relating to search for American and British agents and publishers for J. Metcalf's literary works; regarding purchase of J. Metcalf's literary archives by The University of Calgary; relating personal news; and discussing various other topics. Includes corrections, editing comments and promotional material for General Ludd, The teeth of my father and Kicking against the pricks; proposed cover designs for The teeth of my father; and ECW Press catalogues for 1981 and 1982. Correspondence encloses letters from agents, publishers and others relating to J. Metcalf's work as well as various newsclippings. Some correspondence is with editors of Essays on Canadian Writing, such as that discussing publication of The curate's egg in that periodical.
- Holograph, signed (some photocopy); typescript, signed (some photocopy); typescript (photocopy); printed material.
- Includes references to the following: Private parts : a memoir; Girl in gingham; Stories plus; General Ludd; 79 : best Canadian stories; Men in bowler hats; Selected stories; The Eastmill Reception Centre; Going down slow; Making it new; The acrobats; The lady who sold furniture : novella; New Canadian writing, 1969; Childhood reading; The engagement is announced; Second impressions; Punctuation as score; Keys and watercress; 80 : best Canadian stories; First impressions; Writers in aspic; Gentle as flowers make the stones; Early morning rabbits; Single gents only; Telling tales; Noddy and Big Ears meet Malvolio; Third impressions; 82 : best Canadian stories; Kicking against the pricks : essay; Kicking against the pricks : essays; Dreams surround us; Without an 'e'; The yellow school bus; The New Press anthology #1; Polly Ongle; Streaking through the ivory tower; Travelling northward; Adult entertainment; The curate's egg; Sixteen by twelve; Stories plus; The narrative voice; Literary Review [1985 Canadian issue]; The nipples of Venus; The bumper book; Carry on bumping; What is a Canadian literature? : essay; Banquet speaker; Editing the best.