Showing 119 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU SPC F0008-S0004-FL0018
Part of Alden Nowlan fonds.
Typescript with holograph revisions, holograph and typescript (photocopy). Script for radio broadcast and sound recording Alden Nowlan's Maritimes. Includes introduction to the short story (with A. Nowlan's holograph note of enclosure to Robert Weaver), introduction to the work, text of prose introductions to each poem or series of poems and photocopies of all poems submitted by A. Nowlan for the project. Poems actually recorded precede in file those not used. Manuscript of short story The gun fighter, which follows poetry on the recording, is not included with script. Repository photocopies of A. Nowlan's letter to Robert Weaver submitting script and of information on the recording jacket are included in file. Alden Nowlan's Maritimes produced by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in its Halifax and Fredericton studios and broadcast on CBC Radio's Anthology in September 1971. Sound recording released in 1972. Poems were read by A. Nowlan, the short story by Bruce Armstrong. Includes references to the following: And he wept aloud, so that the Egyptians heard it; Blueberries, strawberries, wintergreen; The fresh-ploughed hill; The cinnamon bears; Verbal transcription; Small town small talk; Charlie; Aunt Jane; Husband and wife; Daughter of Zion; The last leper in Canada; In memoriam : Claude Orser (1894-1968); Ancestral memories evoked by attending the opening of The Playhouse in Fredericton, New Brunswick; Saint John River; Looking for Nancy; July 15; For Jean Vincent d'Abbadie, Baron St.-Castin; The people who are gone; On the nature of human compassion; The mysterious naked man : poem; Ypres : 1915; Chance encounter; I, Icarus; First impressions; Britain Street; Broad Street; Apology; Down shore; Summer; Poem (It's summer yet, but still the cold); A night hawk fell with a sound like a shudder; Patricia Grey; First lesson in theology; A poem about miracles; Day's end; A dog barking at night; The gunfighter; Alden Nowlan's Maritimes.
- CA ACU SPC F0015-S0001-FL0003-IT0057
Part of Rudy Wiebe fonds.
- Letter (1968 October 15), from R. G. Baldwin to Robert Weaver, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Toronto, Ont.
- Typed letter(s) lacking signature (carbon copy) discussing R. Weaver's trip to the University of Alberta.
- CA ACU SPC F0008-S0004-FL0076
- [1981 June 13(?) - 1981 June 16]
Part of Alden Nowlan fonds.
Typescript rough draft fragments and typescript rough drafts of two versions of the poem, one rough draft with variant title Mary Foley; and typescript (carbon copy) clean copy of published version. Fragments precede complete drafts for each version. Poem dedicated to Robert Weaver. Includes references to the following: Mary Foley; Bobby Sands.
- CA ACU SPC F0006-S0001-FL0013
Part of Miriam Mandel fonds.
- Correspondence (1976 April 12-1978 May 24), between representatives of CBC and Miriam Mandel.
- Correspondence about submitting poetry for Anthology and poems selected from Lions at her face and Station 14. Includes photocopy of last item.
- CA ACU SPC F0005-S0001-FL0017-IT0004
Part of Robert Kroetsch fonds.
- Letter (1967 September 12), Toronto, Ont., from Robert Weaver, Assistant Radio Network Supervisor, Drama and Special Programs, CBC to Robert Kroetsch, Edmonton, Alta.
- Typed letter(s) signed by the author discussing the problem of being overcommitted with fiction and poetry for Tamarack Review and therefore being unable to publish the chapter from The studhorse man until at least Spring or Summer.
- CA ACU SPC F0004-S0001-FL0119
- 1966 June 1 - 1986 November 14
Part of Michael Cook fonds.
- Correspondence between various representatives of Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and Michael Cook.
- Correspondence regarding the submission and production of scripts on various CBC television and radio programs, the appearance of M. Cook on various shows as a performer, reviewer and commentator, and M. Cook's participation in CBC radio drama writers' seminars.
- CA ACU SPC F0011-S0001-FL0028-IT0034
Part of Brian Moore fonds.
- Letter (1966 May 31), Toronto, Ont., from Robert Weaver, Radio Network Supervisor, Special Programs, CBC, to Brian Moore, Hollywood, Calif.
- Typed letter(s) signed by the author discussing the anniversary issue of Tamarack Review. With holograph note by B. Moore "gave The Apartment Hunter from I am Mary Dunne later reprinted from Tamarack Review in "Best American Short Stories 1967".
- CA ACU SPC F0011-S0001-FL0006-IT0020
Part of Brian Moore fonds.
- Letter (1960 August 19), Toronto, Ont., from Robert Weaver, CBC, to Brian Moore, New York, N.Y.
- Typed letter(s) signed by the author discussing The luck of Ginger Coffey and the possibility of doing the stage version of Judith Hearne on CBC.
- CA ACU SPC F0016-S0002-FL0187
- [1970?] January 29 - 1970 December 28
Part of George Ryga fonds.
- Correspondence between representatives of Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and George Ryga.
- Correspondence relating to submission and consideration of G. Ryga's television and radio scripts for possible production. Includes essay A critique on writer-CBC relationships as they apply in western Canada and contract negotations.
- Includes references to the following: Captives of the faceless drummer; In search of the nightingale; Paracelsus; Indian; Ballad of a stonepicker; Gold in the aspens; Just an ordinary person; A touch of cruelty; Man from Tawatinaw; The ecstasy of Rita Joe; Zorba the Greek; Hungry hills; Jose; A critique on writer-CBC relationships as they apply in Western Canada.