Showing 393 resultsArchival description
136 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F0523
- 1901-1964, predominant 1907-1910, 1964
The fonds consists of photographs of Western Canada Cement and Coal Co., the Exshaw area, and Christie (1907-1910); and autobiographical manuscript, "Exshaw's Early Days" (1964).
Christie, Alexander Graham
- CA ACU GBA F0518
- Copied 1961 (originally created 1909-1914)
The fonds consists of photographs of Bassano dam construction.
- CA ACU GBA F0478
- 1911-1920, predominant 1917-1919
The fonds consists of Cardivan Petroleum Company records (1918-1920): correspondence (primarily with the Viking field), schedule of oil and gas leases, financial records, equipment inventories, photographs of Viking and Gap wells and workers, expense accounts, supply quotes, workers compensation records, well logs and reports, work schedule, Dominion land plans, and maps. Also consists of Mitford Syndicate records (1916-1920): correspondence, legal agreements, lists of syndicate members, cashbook, expense accounts and reports. Includes Old Colony Oil Co. Ltd. stock book and shareholders' register (1915-1916) and financial statement (1919-1920); list of W.B. Mitford's assets (nd); and Hugh Donnan's personal correspondence, invoices and legal agreements (1911-1920).
Cardivan Petroleum Company
- CA ACU GBA F0456
- 1884-1963, predominant 1884-1940
- The fonds consists of colonization files (including those of Department of Natural Resources, Department of Colonization and Development, Canadian Colonization Association, and various colonization boards) (1886-1940); Advisory Committee minutes and reports (1916-1958); Executive Branch files (1911-1952); P.L. Naismith and S.G. Porter correspondence (1912-1957); coal files (1904-1911); and British Columbia Land Department files (1896-1926) as well as land sale maps, building plans, plans and drawings of railway structures & equipment from the CPR Mechanical Department.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING IMMIGRANT ETHNIC GROUPS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Africans (Blacks), Americans, Austrians, Belgians, Chinese, Czechoslovakians, Danes, Doukhobors, Dunkards, Dutch, English, Finns, French, Germans, Hungarians, Hutterites, Italians, Mennonites, Norwegians, Poles, Romanians, Russians, Scots, Seventh Day Adventists, Sudetens, Swedes, Swiss, and Ukrainians.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING LAND HOLDING/COLONIZATION-RELATED ORGANIZATIONS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Irrigation Co., Alberta Railway and Irrigation Co., Alberta Railway Co., Barons Colonization Board, Bassano Col. Bd., Beiseker and Davidson Co., British Columbia Southern Railway, Blackie Col. Bd., British Reunion Association, British Ready-Made Farmers' Association, Brooks Col. Bd., Calgary Colonization Co., Calgary Hungarian Colonization co., Canada Land and Irrigation Co., Canada Northwest Land Co., Cardston United Irrigation District Col. Bd., Carmangay Col. Bd., Catholic Colonization Co., Central Women's Col. Bd., Champion Col. Bd., Clandonald Colony, Claresholm Col. Bd., Coal Creek Colony, Colonists Service Association, Columbia and Kootenay Railway, Columbia and Western Railway, Columbia Valley Col. Bd., Crowfoot Farming Co., Didsbury Col. Bd., Eastern Irrigation District, German Canadian Farming Co., German Catholic Settlement Board, Innisfail Col. Bd., Kootenay Central Railway, Lethbridge Col. Bd., Lutheran Immigration Board, Macdonnell Colony, Magrath Col. Bd., Magrath Irrigation District, Medicine Hat Col. Bd., Mennonite Col. Bd., Mennonite Land Settlement Board, Milk River Col. Bd., Milk River Hungarian Society, Nanton Col. Bd., North Western Coal and Navigation Co., Olds Col. Bd., Pincher Creek Col. Bd., Raymond Hungarian Colonization, Raymond Irrigation District, Red Deer Col. Bd., Scottish Immigration Aid Society, Southern Alberta Land Co., Standard Danish Colonization Board, Stavely Colonization Board, Swedish Col. Bd., Sylvan Lake Col. Bd., Taber Col. Bd., Western Canada Irrigation Association, and Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE/SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Acme, Adair Ranching Co., airports, Airdrie, Alberta Coal Commission, Alterio, Banff, Bankhead, Bar U Ranch, Sir Montague Barlow, Bassano Dam, Sir Edward W. Beatty, Beddington, Beiseker, T.L. Beiseker, Black Diamond, John E. Brownlee, Randolph Bruce, Bull River, Calgary Petroleum Products, A.B. Cameron, J.M. Cameron, Canal Flats, Carbon, Carlyle, Castlegar, Chestermere Lake, Chinook Coal Co., Cluny, Coaldale, Coalhurst, James Colley, Coronation, Eugene Coste, Cranbrook, Creston, A.E. Cross, Crossfield, C.H. Davidson, A.W. Dawson, John S. Dennis, Diamond Coal Co., W.R. Dick, Duchess, East Coulee, Elko, Empress, EP Ranch, Fort Steele, Gadsby, Gem, Gleichen, Glenbow Ranch, Golden, harvest excursions, Eric Harvie, High River, Hillcrest Coal and Coke Co., General M.L. Hornby, Hosmer, Hussar, Imperial Oil Co., International Waterways Treaty, Irricana, H.S. Kent, Father Albert Lacombe, Lacombe, Lake Louise, George Lane, Langdon, Leduc, Lougheed, F.B. McConnell, Midway, Minto Ranch, Namaka, Namaka Ranch, Nelson, Oxley Ranch, William Pearce, Bishop Pinkham, potash, Priddis, Revelstoke, Ribbon Creek, Rosemary, Penrose M. Sauder, Sedgewick, Shepard, Strathmore, surveying, Duke of Sutherland, Tate Ranch, Tilley, Turner Valley, United Mine Workers of America district 18, C.A. Van Scoy, Vauxhall, Walrond Ranch, Wayne, Wetaskiwin, and Woolford.
Canadian Pacific Railway. Land Settlement
- CA ACU GBA F0454
- The fonds consists of land examinations files, arranged by ranges west of each meridian, then by townships, and finally by section. Includes some aerial photographs and maps.
- EXAMINATIONS OF THE FOLLOWING ALBERTA LOCATIONS ARE IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS, (and for Man., Sask., and BC listings): Airdrie, Alberta Beach, Alcomdale, Alhambra, Alix, Alliance, Altario, Amisk, Andrew, Ankerton, Ardenode, Ardley, Ardrossan, Armada, Armena, Armistice, Aspen Beach, Baintree, Baldwin, Baldwinton, Bardo, Barons, Bashaw, Bawlf, Beauvallon, Beaverhill, Beiseker, Benalto, Bender, Bennett, Bentley, Beynon, Big Valley, Bilby, Blackfoot, Blackie, Bluffton, Bodo, Bon Accord, Borradaile, Bott, Bowden, Bremner, Breton, Bretona, Broxburn, Bruce, Bruderheim, Buford, Bullocksville, Bullshead, Bulwark, Busby, Butze, Byemoor, Cadogan, Cairns, Calahoo, Calgary, Calmar, Calverley, Canmore, Carmangay, Caroline, Carseland, Carvel, Castor, Champion, Chancellor, Chauvin, Cheadle, Cherhill, Chin, Chiniki, Chipman, Clandonald, Claysmore, Clive, Cluny, Clyde, Coaldale, Cochrane, Compeer, Condor, Conrich, Consort, Coutts, Craigdhu, Cremona, Caruch, Cygnet, Czar, Dacer, Dalemead, Darwell, Daysland, Delacour, Delburne, Demay, Derwent, Dewberry, Deville, De Winton, Diamond City, Dodds, Dog Pound, Donalda, Dorenlee, Dorothy, Drumheller, Dalroy, Dunn, Dunshalt, Eckville, Edberg, Edgerton, Elk Point, Elnora, Empress, Endiang, Ensign, Environ, Equity, Erskine, Fabyan, Fallis, Farrow, Federal, Fenn, Ferintosh, Fleet, Forestburg, Forshee, Gadsby, Gainford, Galahad, Garden Plain, Gatine, Gayford, Gleichen, Grainger, Grantham, Greenshields, Gunn, Gwynne, Hackett, Haight, Hairy Hill, Hardisty, Hay Lake, Haynes, Hayter, Hazeldine, Heath, Heenan, Heinsberg, Heisler, Hespero, Hesketh, Hilda, Hillard, Hoadley, Hobbema, Holden, Hughenden, Hussar, Huxley, Indus, Inland, Innisfail, Innisfree, Inverlake, Irma, Iron Springs, Irricana, Irvine, Islay, Ituna, Jarrow, Joffre, Josephsburg, Kaleland, Kathyrn, Kavanaugh, Kingman, Kinsella, Kirkcaldy, Kitscoty, Lacombe, Lake Geneva, Lake Isle, Lamerton, Lamont, Langdon, Lavoy, Leduc, Legal, Legend, Leo, Leslieville, Lethbridge, Lindbergh, Lindbrook, Lorraine, Lougheed, Lousana, Loyalist, Lyalta, Magnolia, Mannville, Manyberries, McLaughlin, Mearns, Meeting Creek, Menaik, Metiskow, Midnapore, Millet, Minburn, Mintlaw, Mirror, Morecambe, Morinville, Morley, Morningside, Mossleigh, Mundare, Musidora, Myrnam, Namaka, Nestor, Nevis, New Dayton, New Sarepta, Nightingale, Nobleford, Norma, Oberlin, Okotoks, Ohaton, Onoway, Paradise Valley, Patience, Pemukan, Penhold, Philips, Picardville, Poe, Ponoka, Prentiss, Prevo, Provost, Ranfurly, Raymond, Red Deer, Redland, Red Willow, Ribstone, Rimbey, Rivercourse, Rockyford, Rocky Mountain House, Rosalind, Rosebud, Rosedale, Rosyth, Round Hill, Rumsey, Rusylvia, Ryley, Sabine, St. Michael, St. Paul, Schuler, Scollard, Seba, Sedgewick, Seven Persons, Sharples, Slawa, Spruce Grove, Standard, Staplehurst, Stettler, Stobart, Stony Plain, Strangmuir, Strathmore, Streamstown, Sunnybrook, Swastika, Sylan Lake, Taylor, Tees, Tempest, Thorsby, Throne, Tofield, Torlea, Torrington, Trochu, Tudor, Turin, Two Hills, Uncas, Veoma, Vegreville, Veldt, Vermilion, Veteran, Viking, Vimy, Vulcan, Wainwright, Walsh, Warburg, Warwick, Wayne, Wetaskiwin, Willingdon, Wimborne, Winnifred, Withrow, and Wostok.
Canadian Pacific Railway. Land Examination
- CA ACU GBA F0433
- The fonds consists of articles of association and bylaws (1882-1964); minutes (1882-1965); annual reports (1883-1968); legal documents and agreements (1882-1914); shareholders' records (1882-1966); records of townsite sales (1882-1910); records of farm land sales (1882-1968); applications and contracts with individual purchasers (1917-1934); registers of deeds transfers (1883-1977); some land examination records (1913-1927); correspondence of the Land Commissioner, especially Virginie Smith (1887-1977); financial records including cashbooks, journals and ledgers (1882-1968); and records related to mineral rights and oil and gas leases (1930-1969). Includes records of the company's affiliate, Western Provinces Land Company (1925-1969).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: ALBERTA TOWNSITES: Bantry, Calgary, Canmore, Cochrane, Dunmore, Gleichen, Irvine, Langdon, Medicine Hat, and Namaka. SASKATCHEWAN TOWNSITES: Arcola, Balgonie, Belle Plaine, Boharm, Broadview, Burrows, Caron, Dalzell, Dumas, Ebor, Estevan, Fleming, Forget, Grand Coulee, Grenfell, Halbrite, Indian Head, Kaiser, Kennedy, Maple Creek, McLean, Manor, Moose Jaw, Moosomin, Neelby, Parkbeg, Peebles, Pense, Percival, Pilot Butte, Qu'Appelle, Red Jacket, Regina, Rocanville, Rush Lake, Sintaluta, Stockholm, Stoughton, Summerberry, Swift Current, Wapella, Wawota, Weyburn, Whitewood, Wilcox, Windthorst, and Wolseley. MANITOBA TOWNSITES: Alexander, Amana (school district), Argyle, Brandon, Broomhill, Elkhorn, Griswold, Hargrave, Kemnay, Landsdowne, Lorne, Oak Lake, Ohanah, Pipestone, Rathwell, Sinclair, Virden, Wallace, Whitehead, and Woodworth. PEOPLE AND COMPANIES: Ewen Cameron, Alexander Campbell, Angus Campbell, Canadian Agricultural, Coal and Colonization Co., Canadian-American Land Co., Lady Cathcart, Robert Cowan, Nicholas Flood Davin, William A. Ducker, Edward VII, Frederick Thomas Griffin, Harry Gullet, Henry Hitchie, James T. Kelly, Joseph Le Poder, Hugh John MacDonald, Alexander McDougall, Donald McFayden, Charles McMillan, John McQuaid, Manitoba South Western Colonization Railway Co., Morton (Ontario), John Niebergall, Peter Pilloud, John Rathwell, Eric Reford, Richard A. Webb, and William White.
Canada Northwest Land
- CA ACU GBA F0381
- 1956-1988, predominant 1987-1988
The fonds consists of bylaws (1956), annual report (1962), and newsletters, The Derrick (1974-1975, 1987-1988).
Calgary Petroleum Club
- CA ACU GBA F2057
The fonds consists of notebooks relating to his work as a journalist and to conferences he attended, a few family letters, books on oil and on the law, various pamphlets and business cards, postcards, and miscellaneous papers. Also consists of photographs (prints and negatives) and slides of the following: pipelines, oil and gas fields; various industries and factories around Alberta and Canada; mountains and natural scenery in Alberta and other parts of Canada; trips to Australia, the USA, and Britain; basketball and other sporting events; family, friends and colleagues, etc. Well represented in this fonds are photographs of equipment and pipelines from TransCanada Pipe Lines (TCPL), Marine Pipeline and Dredging (MPD), Alberta Gas Trunk Line (AGTL), Westcoast, Mannix, HC Price, Interprovincial Pipelines (IPPL), and many other companies.
- CA ACU GBA F0358
- 1886-1988, predominant 1928-1988
The fonds consists of published and unpublished news photographs (1886-1986) which include photographs of Calgary and Alberta events, personalities, buildings and sports teams; the southern Alberta oil industry; Calgary military personalities and views (1940s-1960s); and royal visits to Calgary (1951, 1953). Also consists of correspondence (1928-1965); financial records (1929-1970); union agreements (1947-1960); bylaw (1938); and property inventory (1913). Includes essays entered by Calgary pioneers in a Herald competition (1970); sketches, plans and maps of Calgary areas and buildings (1956-1961); miscellaneous programs, bulletins and newsclippings, and reference material; transcripts, court documents, etc regarding lawsuits of Rod Sykes - material used by Herald reporter Vern Simaluk to write his columns; radio programs involving Rev. John Thomas (1953).
- CA ACU GBA F0331
- 1905-1961, predominant 1919-1950
The fonds consists of correspondence (1919-1926), annual reports (1930-1961), notices to shareholders (1929-1930), sub-surface mineral reports (1905-1909, 1928), maps of oil leases, and newsclippings. Includes some correspondence with Imperial Oil Ltd. and Highwood Petroleum and Natural Gas Ltd.
Calgary and Edmonton Corporation