Showing 203 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F1673
- 1890-1989, predominant 1928-1972
- The fonds consists of personal and family correspondence, speeches, lectures, newsclippings, programs, photographs and tax returns; legal client files; and minutes, correspondence and business papers of the many organizations in which he was active.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS, AND FOR A MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST: William Aberhart, Amalgamated House of Israel, American ORT Federation, Rabbi Barenholtz, Lt. S. Buchwold, Calgary Jewish Welfare Fund, Calgary Women's Musical Club, Doukhobors, Hadassah Chapter of Calgary, Saul Hayes, House of Jacob, Shaie Jaffe, Minuetta Kessler, Ida Nelson, L. Pearlman, Louis Rosenberg, Shaarey Tzedec Congregation, Aaron Sholomenko, Jesse Shumiatcher, Morris Shumiatcher, Morris Smith, Peter P. Verigin, and Zionist Organization of Canada.
Shumiatcher, Abraham Isaac
- CA ACU GBA F0008
- 1900-1965, predominant 1900-1950
The fonds consists of a photocopy of the diary of Annie Adams, Sr. (1920-1923); photographs of the Lockhart, Adams, Patterson and Austin families (early 1900s, 1965); G.R. Austin's notebook as a Canadian firefighter in England (1940s); and slides of the Calgary Stampede (1950).
- CA ACU GBA F0020
- The fonds consists of constitutions, minutes, correspondence, financial statements, reports, pamphlets, and newsclippings.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Association of Children with Learning Disabilites, Alberta Association for the Mentally Retarded, Alberta Status of Women Action Committee, Calgary Association for the Mentally Retarded, Calgary Indian Friendship Centre, Citizen Advocacy Society of Calgary, and Riverside Villa.
Alberta Council on Child and Family Welfare
- CA ACU GBA F2561
The fonds consists of minutes, annual reports, financial records, newsletters, program files, handbooks and membership records.
Alberta Family Histories Society
- CA ACU GBA F0024
The fonds consists of minutes, policy statements, newsletters, convention material and scrapbooks of the AFHSA. Includes minute books of various local home and school associations, including Connaught, East Calgary Bungalow, Colonel Walker, Didsbury, Ramsay and Cypress View. Also includes brief histories of the Armena HSA, and Glengarry School.
Alberta Federation of Home and School Associations
- CA ACU GBA F0028
- The fonds consists of annual reports, minutes, correspondence, biographical data, newsletters, etc. of AHEA, and local associations' minutes.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Status of Women Action Committee, Norma Bannerman, Helen Bentley, Carol Blyth, Calgary Social Planning Council, Canadian Dietetic Association, Canadian Home Ecomonics Association, Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada, Consumers' Association of Canada, Grace Duggan Cook, Barbara Cousens, Edith Down, Dr. Elizabeth Empey, Marjorie M. Goldie, Catherine Gossip, Verna Gray, Florence Hallock, Margaret Hamilton, Gladys Harper, International Federation for Home Economics, Marion Kelly, Barbara MacDougall, Bernice MacFarlane, Ethel Marliss, Bessie McAvoy, Dr. McClaren, Hazel McIntyre, Arlene McKay, Margaret McLaggan, Glenda Molgat, Elizabeth Mullen, Shirley Myers, Mabel Patrick, Roberta MacAdams Price, Shirley Rebus, Rose Muchinsky Shandro, Pauline Shaw, Muriel Shortreed, Arlene Smith, Claro Smith, Margaret Stewart, Grace Studholme, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, Rosalie Wentzell, Edith Whidden, and Edith Wilcock.
Alberta Home Economics Association
- CA ACU GBA F0029
The fonds consists of constitution and policy manuals (1953-1995); annual reports (1944-1999); minutes (1934-1999); records of Calgary Home Economists in Business (1970-1984); committee records (1963-1987); membership records ((1941-1999); financial records ((1934-1984); correspondence (1969-1982); records of affiliated organizations (1960-1981); records of projects and activities ((1961-1992); newsletters (1964-1999); and newspaper clippings and scrapbooks (1969-1986).
Alberta Home Economics Association. Calgary Branch
- CA ACU GBA F0035
The fonds consists of correspondence, circulars, individual client files, financial records, newsclippings regarding the society, and photographs of Ethel Baker and society activities. Includes some of Ethel's personal papers and a radio broadcast of Ethel on CFCN's "Talk of the Town".
Alberta Old Age Pensioners Society
- CA ACU GBA F1956
The fonds consists of constitution, minutes (1913-1976); annual reports (1961-1981); directories of officers (1904-1981); convention programs and proceedings (1904-1981); financial records (1932-1958); scrapbooks and newspaper clippings (1920s-1970s); records of the Calgary, Central and Edmonton Districts of the provincial organization (1893-1896, 1913-1973); files related to temperance activities including Little White Ribboners, ASM School of Narcotic Education, members' pledge cards, essay and poster contests for school children, etc. (1894-1972); temperance leaflets and posters (1909-1963); and photographs of WCTU officers, members and activities (1905-1981). Includes minute books, historical sketches, etc. (1904-1974) of these locals: Calgary East End, Calgary North Hill, Calgary Hillhurst, Camrose, Clive, Didsbury, Edmonton Central, Edmonton Strathcona, Edmonton Victoria, Hanna, Lacombe, Leslieville, Medicine Hat, Nanton, Ponoka, Red Deer, Three Hills and Wetaskiwin.
Alberta Provincial Woman's Christian Temperance Union
- CA ACU GBA F0627
- [ca. 1897-1948]
The fonds consists of photographs of Currie and Quinton families, and Albertan hockey team.
Currie, Alexander J.