Showing 176 resultsArchival description
- ACU GBA F1473
The fonds consists of anthropological lectures, manuscripts, notes, correspondence and newsclippings related to ethnobotany, arts and crafts, tranculturation, and archaeology of British Columbia native peoples, including the Haida, Kootenay, Kwakiutl (Kwakwaka'wakw), Nootka, Salish, Sekani and Tsimshian. Includes a copy of Alice Ravenhill's "Arts and Crafts of the Indians of British Columbia".
- ACU GBA F0002
- The fonds consists of petition and letter to F.W. Chesson protesting the sale of land by the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) in Manitoba (1860); letters to Chesson [photocopied 1964] about grievances of the Metlakahtla in British Columbia (1869-1886), and Canadian government relations with Manitoba Indians (1885-1887). Includes letters [photocopied 1964] from Canadians about the slave trade (1892, 1905).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS: Anglican church, Dr. G.F. Bodington, Bishop Edward Cridge, Rev. William Duncan, Great Whale River, Canon Grisdale, H.A. Kennedy, David Leask, Bishop Robert Machray, Archdeacon John McLean, G.S. McTavish, C. Hubert Pemberton, Dr. John Shultz, Arthur Swindell, and John Taylor.
Aborigines Protection Society
- ACU GBA F2642
The fonds consists of copies of scrolls presented to the Queen; and commemorative booklet.
Alberta Indian Treaties Commemoration Program
- ACU GBA F1055
- 1911-1974, predominant 1911-1949
The fonds consists of photographs of Lethbridge Experimental Station and projects (1911-1942), soil erosion in Alberta and Saskatchewan (1930s), and agricultural views; discussion notes on irrigation for experimental station staff seminars and meetings (1933-1949); and Alex's papers on agriculture for the station (nd). Also consists of research materials including photographs of southern Alberta in the 1890s to 1910s, Alex's address on the history of the Western Stock Growers' Association (1971), and recorded conference on the Mounted Police held at University of Lethbridge (1974). Includes recorded Glenbow Foundation staff conference (1959), manuscript of "Indians of the Western Plains" by Mike Mountain Horse (1936), and miscellany.
- ACU GBA F0835
- The fonds consists of accounts, receipts, agreements, and business cards related to the moving business; Alfred's diaries (1909-1927) and Amy's diary (1909); personal correspondence; scrapbooks related to building-moving and native peoples; lists of Alfred's native artifacts collection; newsclippings and miscellany. Includes photographs of native personalities and views of moving.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS: John Barter, Blackfoot, Blood, Canadian Pacific Irrigation Colonization Co., James Cassin, Cree, Eusley Dennis, Willian Dennis, Haida, George A. Ken, livestock brands, Norman Luxton, Mac W. Lyle, Mrs. M.S. Mitchell, J.B. Richards, Charles M. Russell, Sarcee (Tsuut'ina), Guy Shackles, I.A. Shippen, Cyrus Richard Stovel, and R.H. Weir.
- ACU GBA F1263
The fonds consists of Allan's correspondence regarding Indian Affairs, and Qu'Appelle land syndicate documents.
- ACU GBA F2469
The fonds consists of recorded interviews, made on April 7 and 14, 1987, in which he discusses berries, haying, selling posts, cutting wood, Christmas and New Year, housing on the Sweet Grass reserve, master carpenters, 1942 windstorm, Frank Knife and Jim Buller.
Little Poplar, Alphonse
- ACU GBA F3111
- [ca. 1920s-1999]
The fonds consists of correspondence, sketches, photographs and other records, much of which was compiled by Dawn Richardson and Katherine Swartile, which relates to Anahareo's life with Grey Owl and subsequent activities in Alberta and British Columbia, particularly related to the promotion of her book and of Grey Owl's significance.
- ACU GBA C0163
The collection consists of genealogical information about Blackfeet, Montana; accounts by Blood warriors Calf Robe, Eagle Arrow, and White-Man-Runnning-Around of their warfare experiences; Church of England calendar used by missionary W.R. Haynes on Peigan Reserve, Brockett, Alberta (1909); photographs of First Nations; colour reproductions of Blackfeet portraits done by Winold Reiss; Royal North West Mounted Police inaugural celebrations; and people present at the commencement of the Calgary Power Company's Ghost River Dam Project.
- ACU GBA F0282
- 1887-1982, predominant 1887-1925
The fonds consists of photographs of Fort Macleod businesses, buildings, institutions, and events (1887-1925); Indian personalities (1910-1918); and of Annora's parents (1892). Includes recorded interview with Annora about her career (1982).