Showing 191 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU ARC C0006
Collection consists of photographs taken by Calgary Herald staff photographers for publication in the daily newspaper of The University of Alberta, Calgary campus, and The University of Calgary.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0007
- 1958 October
Accompanied by newsclippings. Caption: "....Pictured examining a scale model of the campus are...G.R. Gell and Mrs. H.T. Robertson, members of Calgary's University committee...; "Hon. F.C. Colborne, Alberta Minister Without Portfolio, and Dr. A.L. Doucette, Director of the U. of A. in Calgary. ... Ald. Mrs. Mary Dover and Ald. J.J. Hanna study an architect's sketch ..."; "... Pictured above with the model, which will be on public display at the Jubilee (sic) Auditorium from Friday until Oct. 27, are... Arthur Arnold, Deputy Minister of Public Works; Hon. E.C. Manning, Premier; Hon. A.R. Patrick, Minister of Economic Affairs; Hon. James Hartley, Minister of Public Works; Sigmund Dietze, project architect, and H.A. Henderson, chief architect, Department of Public Works. A copy print has been added to the file.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0015
- 1961 March
- Wauneita Society - organization of campus women.
- Wauneita Society - reception in honour of Mrs. Grant Sparling's visit to campus.
- Included in photographs are: Mrs. Grant Sparling; Ethel King, advisor to women students at UAC; Louise Gardner, Wauneita Society President.
- Accompanied by newsclipping.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0020
- 1962 April
- Included in photographs are: Bernadine Melanson, secretary; Ted Bartlett, vice president; Dennis Macdonald, president; Ron Moroz, coordinator of student activities; Hugh Bessell, treasurer.
- Accompanied by newsclipping
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0024
- 1963 April, November, December
- Accompanied by newsclippings. Caption: "UAC students picket meeting" (April 1963); "Secessionists...student demonstrators... picketed a meeting of the senate. ... The decapitated dummy was used to symbolize UAC." (Nov. 1963); "Students protest. ... Flag ... lowered to half mast."; "Two ton concrete wheel ... placed in front of library ... by engineering students."; "Singing for autonomy. Nearly 500 ... students demonstrated in the university library foyer..." (Dec. 1962); "Stuck with autonomy. Students at UAC are on vacation but the university's committee for autonomy takes no holiday as a faculty member's car gets the message. ..." Exhibition prints, contact prints and copy negatives are included in this file.
- Includes unpublished photograph used frequently for displays and referred to as the "Marching to Autonomy" photo.
- Exhibition prints, contact prints and copy negatives are included in this file. Reference prints have been placed in a separate binder.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0030
- 1963 November, 1964 September
- Accompanied by newsclippings. Captions: "Chaplain Jack Paterson (sic) with student" ; "Getting to know the students better, Rev. Jack Patterson demonstrates how a football player gets acquainted with students."
- Copy negatives have been added to the file. Reference prints have been placed in a separate binder.