Showing 211 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA F1058
- 1814-1950, predominant 1847-1930
The fonds consists of Augustus Jukes' diaries (1882-1886), notebooks, correspondence (1847-1905), poetry and miscellaneous writings; William Jukes' correspondence and poetry; Hamilton Jukes papers as surveyor for the Winnipeg and Hudson Bay Railway Co.; miscellaneous papers of Andrew and Georgina Jukes; and George Moffatt's certificates, tax returns and scrapbook. Includes an 1886 interview with Hugh Munro.
- CA ACU GBA F2484
The fonds consists of petitions of the plaintiff and the defendant to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in the case of Keilley v. Carson; instructions in the case from a committee of the House of Assembly of Newfoundland; a petition from the House of Assembly reporting on its achievements; and a draft of a speech presented in the House of Lords in opposition to the Newfoundland Bill.
- CA ACU GBA F2165
- 1840-1945, predominant 1885-1904
The fonds consists of correspondence between Charlie and Etta (1885-1890); correspondence with T. Arnold Haultain (1897-1908); correspondence with friends and relatives (1870-1935); Etta's extensive memoirs (1938); Charles' record of expenses (1892-1901); poetry collected by the Haultains (1883-1909); list of wedding presents (1890); Etta's recipe books (1840-1930s); Charles' sketches (1883-1887); and newsclippings about Charles' cousin, Frederick W.G. Haultain (1904-1905, 1942). Includes photographs of the Haultains, North-West Mounted Police life, and towns in which they lived (especially Fort Macleod).
- CA ACU GBA F0660
- 1847-1962, predominant 1882-1916
The fonds consists of notebooks, scrapbooks and manuscripts regarding Mounted Police events that became the basis of his memoirs, and photographs of the family, NWMP and Maple Creek. Includes reminiscence of the trial of Louis Riel; biographical sketch of his son-in-law P.C.H. Primrose; and biographical and genealogical information regarding his family.
Deane, Richard Burton
- CA ACU GBA F0906
- 1849-1944, predominant 1880-1942
- The fonds consists of correspondence (1880-1928), speeches, certificates, newsclippings, family genealogy, invitations, programs, and photographs of Haultain and the Haultain family.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: R.B. Bennett, Hon. George Brown, G.H.V. Bulyea, Cochrane Ranche, Edward VII, Alexander Galt, Elliott T. Galt, C.A. Magrath, Oliver Mowat, Frank Oliver, poetry, R.P. Roblin, A.L. Sifton, Treaty 7, and S.T. Wood.
Haultain, Frederick W.G.
- CA ACU GBA F1628
- The fonds consists of Gilbert Sanders' diaries (1885-1889, 1892, 1894-1898, 1911, 1918-1919, 1926-1931, 1943-1947, 1949-1950), correspondence (1863-1954), certificates, appointments, reports, financial papers, newsclippings and scrapbooks; Caroline Sanders' diary (1927), notebooks, appointment books, and passport; some correspondence and certificates of Edward and Annie Sanders; and miscellaneous diaries and reminiscences of men G.E. Sanders knew in the NWMP, South African War and First World War (Col. G.A. French, Robert Patterson, Sergeant C.H. Connor, and Sergeant Brindle).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Boy Scouts, British German League, Calgary Golf and Country Club, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Distinguished Service Order, Ernest Cashel, Kiwanis Club, Masonic Lodge, Order of St. Michael and St. George, Southern Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association, Unemployment Relief Commission, and Veterans' Assistance Commission.
- CA ACU GBA F0179
- 1852-1954, predominant 1852-1907
The fonds consists of an account of the McLeod's trip to Fort Edmonton, biographical information and newsclippings on the McLeod and Belcher families, and a description of their experiences at Portage la Prairie and Edmonton.
- CA ACU GBA F1212
- 1856-1959, predominant 1877-1919
- The fonds consists of J.F. Macleod's certificates and commissions (1856-1887); letters to his wife (1874-1894); records as police magistrate (1882-1894): correspondence, Blood treaty documents, naturalization papers, petitions, appeals and Metis claims; and correspondence regarding Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) liquor problems in British Columbia (1885). Includes Mary Macleod's correspondence (1887-1919); Norman T. Macleod's (son) reminiscences (1959) and some correspondence; Norman T. Macleod's (brother) letters to his daughter, Bessie (1880-1885); photographs of the family, NWMP and Bloods; and biographical notes.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Henry Bleeker, Catherine Bonneau, William Drever, Thomas Farrar, John Fish, Fort Whoop-Up, A.G. Hamilton, W. Harris, David Hunter, Thomas Johnston, E.G. Kirby, John A. Macdonald, Donald Macleod, J. McNeil, G.B. Mills, R. Ross, Nicholas Sharon, Sitting Bull, smallpox, Absolom Spence, Samuel B. Steele, Oscar Swidberg, T.E. Thompson, M. Travis, Treaty 7, and Mary Vataline.
Macleod, James F.
- CA ACU GBA C0182
- 1858-[ca. 1945]
The collection consists of James G. Bain’s notebook and papers concerning his work with the British Columbia Provincial Police and gold mining ventures in Quesnel Forks, B.C. (1892-1899); correspondence, receipt books, and insurance policy of the Sandon Miners’ Union, affiliated with the Western Federation of Miners (1901-1915); journal and payroll sheets of mining operations in Sandon; waybills, share certificates, and mining lease agreement from Quesnel Forks; personal correspondence of James P. Delahunty of Barkerville, B.C.; will of James Francis Ford of 150 Mile House, B.C.; diaries of C. Walverson, western USA; time book of the Whit Grouse Co. (timber company of Quesnel Forks?, 1874); Elizabeth Ann Palmer’s food ration book from the Second World War, Waldo, B.C.; letterbook of the Provincial Police constable, Arrowhead, B.C. (1908-1916); facsimile of the signatures on the Treaty of 1831 which established the independence of Belgium; posters for the Baddeley Bros. 3 Ring Wild Animal Circus; and fragments of circus posters.
- CA ACU GBA F0662
- 1859-1965, predominant 1870-1959
The fonds consists of P.G. Laurie's Owen Sound diary (1859), correspondence, accounts, and business records related to the Saskatchewan Herald newspaper (1878-1891); Jessie DeGear's brief autobiography, correspondence, and 15 extensive scrapbooks about Battleford, Saskatchewan, pioneers, and the Riel Rebellion (1890-1965); Mabel Reid's wedding certificate and three scrapbooks which include memorabilia and war articles compiled while the Reids lived in London, plus articles about the Laurie family and western history (1888-1948); R.C. Laurie's correspondence; William Laurie's reminiscences; Mary Eliza Laurie's recipe and sermon book; and J.C. DeGear's letters and diary extracts. Includes a photograph of P.G. Laurie, and views of the Battleford area.