Showing 1500 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU GBA F1384
- 1871-1886, predominant 1871-1879
- The fonds consists of Nevitt's detailed letters to Elizabeth Beaty, photographs of his sketches of NWMP activities and native peoples, a newsclipping about his march west with the NWMP, and a menu for Christmas dinner at Fort Macleod.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: David Akers, Edwin Allen, Frank Baxter, Blackfoot, Blood (Indians), Ephrem A. Brisebois, P. Brooks, John Bunn, Simon John Clarke, Charles Conrad, cricket, Crowfoot, Lief Newry Fitzroy Crozier, Cecil Denny, Francis Dickens, Father Leon Doucet, Alphonse Ferland, Fort Benton, Fort Calgary, Fort Kipp, Fort Walsh, Fort Whoop-Up, I.G. Baker and Co., Serge Gagnon, John Glenn, Bishop Vital Grandin, Acheson Gosford Irvine, Thomas R. Jackson, H.A. "Fred" Kanouse, Dr. John Kittson, Kootenay (Indians), James Farquharson Macleod, Rev. John McDougall, Metis, Hugh Munro, Harry Nevitt, Peigan, Jerry Potts, Father Constantine Scollen, Stoney (Indians), Treaty 7, James Morrow Walsh, Vernon Welch, and William Winder.
Nevitt, Richard Barrington
- CA ACU GBA F1585
- 1872-1973, predominant 1955-1965
The fonds consists of extensive photographs of Calgary personalities, commerce, events, buildings, and the Calgary Stampede (1944-1965); and a number of photographs of Kay's relatives and locations in Manitoba (1872-1973). Includes index of photograph order numbers and clients (1954-1956), reminiscences of Kay's grandmother, Margaret Cruikshank (1943), newsclippings about the Cruikshanks and Milnes (ca. 1940s) and Rosettis Studio calling cards.
- CA ACU GBA F0307
The fonds consists of photographs of Riel's trial (1885), scenes along the CPR (1886), Alberta's inauguration (1905), and the Buells; letters from people who attended his entertainments (1873-1905); and newspaper reviews of his shows (nd).
Buell, Oliver B.
- CA ACU GBA F1601
The fonds consists of orders-in-council of the government of Canada relating to the RCMP and its prececessors (1873-1955). The fonds also consists of miscellaneous diaries, accounts, wanted lists, and criminal records, etc. for these southern Alberta detachments: Calgary, Foremost, Fort Macleod, Lethbridge, Manyberries, Nanton, and Pincher Creek. Includes a microfilm of Dawson City detachment's register of travellers on the Yukon River (1901-1903).
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- CA ACU GBA F1963
- 1873-2004, predominant 1915-1974
The fonds consists of board minutes and annual reports; records relating to fundraising campaigns; admissions records and personal files of children; attendance registers, yearbooks, etc. for the school run by the Home; records of extra-curricular activities of the children; financial records and tax returns; architectural plans and other records re the construction and maintenance of buildings; personal papers of the Wood family; and extensive photographs of the children, staff and activities of the Home.
Wood's Christian Home
- CA ACU GBA F0134
- [ca. 1874]-1998
The fonds consists of notebooks, personal correspondence, a transcript and recorded of interviews about his life, sound recordings of his presentations to school children, broadcasts from the Calgary Zoo, newsclippings, share certificates, records and souvenirs of his military service, a brief history of the early Calgary Parks Department, and notes regarding the Calgary Public Museum. Includes photographs of Calgary, St. George's Island and the zoo, and a slide of Billy Henry's 100th birthday.
- CA ACU GBA F0969
- 1874-1974, predominant 1950-1974
The fonds consists of J.B. Cross' administrative papers (1950- 1965); reference files about displays and daily activities (1960-1974); records of collections (1962-1974); curator's reports and acquisition correspondence (1973-1974); various historical documents collected by the organization (1624, 1837, 1916-1969); and extensive photographs of North-West Mounted Police, the Calgary Brewing and Malting Company, Calgary Stampede events and champions, and Calgary (1874-1973).
RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: agricultural machinery, Charles Beil, brands, buffalo, Dick Cosgrave, firearms, Clem Gardner, John A. Grant, William Shaw "Billy" Henry, Pete Knight, Herman Linder, Norman Luxton, Grant MacEwan, Old Time Rangemen's Association, Charles M. Russell, Tom Three Persons, and Treaty 7.
Horseman's Hall of Fame
- CA ACU GBA F1366
- 1874-1989, predominant 1875-1930s
The fonds consists of Ed Nagle's diaries (1875-1890, 1906-1927), business records, and personal financial records; Ted Nagle's diaries (1926-1930), correspondence, notebooks, maps, reference files, and autobiography; and extensive photographs of fur trade and prospecting activities in northern Canada, including views of First Nations, fur traders and posts, prospectors, canoes and other transportation, camps, hides and furs, etc.
- CA ACU GBA F1348
- 1874-1955, predominant 1906-1950s
The fonds consists of reminiscences and articles (predominantly written by Fred) regarding the NWMP, Fort Macleod pioneers, and Blood and Blackfoot (Siksika) peoples (1930s-1950s); correspondence with newspapers regarding submitted articles (1930s-1950s); ground plan of Fort Macleod in 1880; genealogical notes; photocopies of scrapbooks; and newsclippings. Also consists of photocopies of detachment diaries from NWMP detachments at Grenfell (1906-1908) and Pincher Creek (1908-1909); and APP detachments at Lac La Biche (1917-1923), Wainwright (1923-1927), Stony Plain (1927-1930) and Athabasca (1930-1932). Includes photographs of NWMP, APP, Fort Macleod and native people (1874-1950s).
Moses, Frederick G.
- CA ACU GBA F0128
- The fonds consists of a typescript of his diary (1874-1884) and an autobiographical manuscript "The '74 Mounties" (1938). The fonds also includes correspondence, notes, photographs, scrapbooks, and newsclippings about Mounted Police, military, and musical activities (1870s-1946). Includes a typescript of the 1874 diary of Colonel John French.