Showing 233 resultsArchival description
126 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F1393
- 1776-1963, predominant 1900-1944
- The fonds consists of correspondence, literary manuscripts (The Three Marys, When I was a Child, His Hour or Two, Mine Inheritance, Triumph, What's Past is Prologue, Family Album, The Staff at Stimsons, A Candle in the Rain, Tales of the Black Flag, Hands Up, Brothers in Arms, Under Which King, Island of Arran, The Transplanted, Once Upon a Time, The Garricks of Renfrew, Dead Men's Bells, The Flying Years, etc.), reviews of books, publication agreements, scrapbooks, newsclippings and family photograph albums. Includes Pauline's diaries (1947, 1959, 1961) and correspondence. Also includes material collected by Frederick for research purposes: ration ticket of Cree, Mechawayis of the Sweet Grass band (1885), and newsclippings about Sitting Bull, Sioux uprisings, etc. (1890s).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Blackfoot, Canadian Authors Association, Bliss Carman, John Murray Gibbon, George H. Gooderham, William H. New, Walter J. Phillips, poetry, and Bernard Keble Sandwell.
Niven, Frederick J.
- CA ACU GBA F1490
- 1848-1979, predominant 1905-1979
- The fonds consists of George's diaries (1935-1969), correspondence (1905-1971), ranching records, reminiscences, obituary, recorded speech and interview; Norma's diaries (1935-1940, 1970-1979), correspondence (1925-1978), musical career records (publicity, programs, recordings of her singing, etc.), reminiscences, her biography of George, and two recorded interviews; and the Pocaterra's financial records, tax returns, scrapbooks, and photographs and slides of Kananaskis, ranches, Italy, opera, and family members. Includes Dr. W.A. Piper's correspondence, speeches, oil company prospectuses and dentistry photographs.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Dental Association, Alberta Registered Music Teachers' Association, David Bearspaw, R.B. Bennett, Calgary Allied Arts Council, Calgary Dental Society, Calgary District Planning Commission, Calgary Stock Exchange, coal, Susan Davy, Fred Dippie, Canon Samuel H. Middleton, Olive Parnell, R.M. Patterson, Lawrence Stafford Piper, Richard Lloyd Piper, recipes, Round T Ranch (Pekisko), Harper Sibley, Temple Sinclair, J.S. Thompson, Dr. Ray Clarence Thorpe, and Guy Weadick.
- CA ACU GBA F1340
- 1850-1990, predominant 1891-1957
The fonds consists of Frank and Lucy's personal papers including correspondence, financial and miscellaneous material; Frank’s business records related to the Rosedale Coal Mine (including reports from a Pinkerton detective he hired to work undercover at the mine during a time of labour unrest, the Winnipeg General Strike, and the One Big Union), Sentinel Oils, etc.; a recorded interview with Norman Moodie about his father’s career and his own career (1982); miscellaneous papers related to Maggie, including her notes on teaching; Marion's correspondence, poems, sheet music, artwork, and certificates and newspaper clippings related to her nursing career; miscellaneous recipe books, scrapbooks, greeting cards, etc. related to Frank and Lucy’s children and extended family; and extensive photographs of the Moodie family, Calgary General Hospital and early nursing, the Rosedale Mine and the Drumheller area, Sentinel Oils and the Turner Valley area, etc.
- CA ACU GBA C0182
- 1858-[ca. 1945]
The collection consists of James G. Bain’s notebook and papers concerning his work with the British Columbia Provincial Police and gold mining ventures in Quesnel Forks, B.C. (1892-1899); correspondence, receipt books, and insurance policy of the Sandon Miners’ Union, affiliated with the Western Federation of Miners (1901-1915); journal and payroll sheets of mining operations in Sandon; waybills, share certificates, and mining lease agreement from Quesnel Forks; personal correspondence of James P. Delahunty of Barkerville, B.C.; will of James Francis Ford of 150 Mile House, B.C.; diaries of C. Walverson, western USA; time book of the Whit Grouse Co. (timber company of Quesnel Forks?, 1874); Elizabeth Ann Palmer’s food ration book from the Second World War, Waldo, B.C.; letterbook of the Provincial Police constable, Arrowhead, B.C. (1908-1916); facsimile of the signatures on the Treaty of 1831 which established the independence of Belgium; posters for the Baddeley Bros. 3 Ring Wild Animal Circus; and fragments of circus posters.
- CA ACU GBA F0587
- 1860-1954, predominant 1880-1943
The fonds consists of scrapbook about the Dowling and Costigan families, and her musical career (1883-1943), personal correspondence (1939-1950), letters from her father (1880), and miscellaneous programs (including funeral program for Donald A. Smith, Lord Strathcona, 1914) and newsclippings.
Costigan, Ada Philomene
- CA ACU GBA F0824
- 1860-1974, predominant 1952-1969
- The fonds consists of correspondence regarding Luxton and Glenbow acquisitions and displays (1947-1969), and inventories of artifacts (1957-1966); and photographs, invoices, licences, calendars, articles and miscellany collected for Glenbow by Cathcart (1860-1969). Includes Cathcart's personal correspondence and notes (1931-1974), recorded interview about his life (including transcript), postcards, greeting cards, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, photographs, a film and miscellany.
Cathcart, John George (Red)
- CA ACU GBA C0072
- [1860s]-1967, predominant 1940-1967
The collection consists of newspaper and journal articles pertaining to former members of the NWMP, native peoples and the fur trade; some correspondence and notes about his research; and photographs of various subjects including Walter Festing Sheppard and the NWMP, Wolf Creek Ranch in the Kootenay River Valley, British Columbia, and Fred Woodward, actor and animal impersonator. Includes a (1917) song about the Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP) composed by Special Constable Gardiner.
Nichols, Robert H.
- CA ACU GBA F2498
- [ca. 1864-1867]
The fonds consists of two suites of short musical compositions intended to accompany travelling exhibitions of the composer's paintings. The suites were inspired by the composer's travels and were entitled "Reise nach Amerika" and "Reise in Amerika und England". The material is accompanied by programs for the shows, and extracts of journalistic reviews. Also includes commentaries of art dealers.
- CA ACU GBA C0178
The collection consists of sheet music related to western Canada, including Mounted Police Waltzes (ca. 1879) and these pieces of music related to Calgary: March Calgary (1914), C-A-L-G-A-R-Y and that spells "Calgary" (1926), The Calgary Stampede (1930), Take a Trip to Calgary (1934), Calgary Square Dance (1950), When I Get Back to Calgary (1951), Calgary Stampede Rodeo March (1958), and Calgary Stampede Chuckwagon Roundup (1959).
Glenbow Archives (sheet music)
- CA ACU GBA C0104
- 1868-1969, predominant 1868-1949, 1969
The collection consists of sheet music (1874-1949); and lists and recordings of popular songs dating from 1847 to 1950 (1969).