Showing 6 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
6 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU TMM F0105
Consists of a photo album containing a number of photographs and postcards, a collage of photos entitled “Pals”, several loose photographs and one telegram.
The photographs predominantly depict life on the ship. There are also a number of Prince Rupert postcards.
- CA ACU TMM F0089
Fonds consists of publications, a scrapbook, newspaper clippings and documents, and a hand-written journal related to Max Brown's service as a seaman during World War II.
Brown, Donald Max
- CA ACU TMM F0145
- 1929-1962, 1994
Fonds consists of records attesting to the naval career and personal life of Kenneth Edward Grant. Collection highlights include: an album of original photography (rehoused) recording life aboard several WWII navy ships and a set of letters sent by Grant to his wife during his time of service both during and after the war. The fonds is divided into 4 series:
- Certificates and biographical material
Grant, Kenneth Edward
- CA ACU TMM F0048
- 1914- 1919, 1940-1942, 1973-2008
Fonds consists of the material gathered together by the author as he conducted extensive research into the topics dealt with in each of his five publications.
The fonds is divided into eight series:
- Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
- Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
- Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
- Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
- Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
- Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
- Slides and film strips.
McKee, Fraser M.
- CA ACU TMM F0077
The Albert Frederick Tigerstedt fonds consists predominantly of black and white photographs taken by Tigerstedt during his time of naval service during WWII as the head of the naval photography unit for the Royal Canadian Navy. The majority of photographs have no captions or dates. Best guesses have been made. Fonds have been divided thematically into 6 series:
- Tigerstedt Studio
- Family and Friends
- Places - Canada
- Royal Canadian Navy
Tigerstedt, Albert Frederick
- CA ACU TMM F0133
Consists of material, mostly photographs, attesting to the WWII naval career of Albert Robert Meers. Material is divided into three series:
Meers, Albert Robert