Showing 211 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA C0003
The collection consists of photographs collected for his books depicting Crowsnest Pass; Alberta ghost towns; Windthorst and Macoun, Saskatchewan; Princeton, Copper Mountain and Hedley, British Columbia; Exshaw, Alberta; Hope slide; Bill Miner; Metis and Batoche; Almighty Voice; and RCMP constables. Includes reference material including transcripts of interviews with George Williamson and Walter Parey.
Anderson, Frank Wesley
- CA ACU GBA C0005
- Photocopied 1971 (originally created 1880-1926)
- The collection consists of correspondence, circulars, petitions, and records about land and grazing leases.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Agricultural Societies, Sgt. Charles Allen, Thomas Anderson, George Barry, Battle Creek Association, R.B. Bennett, Benton and St. Louis Cattle Co., Bow River Horse Ranch, H.L. Bowyer, British American Ranch Co., J.M. Browning, Brown Ranch Co., Calgary and Edmonton Railway lands, Canadian Agricultural, Coal and Colonization Co., Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) lands, William Carter, Hugh St. Quentin Cayley, J.E. Chipman, George Cloakley, Matthew Henry Cochrane, Cochrane Ranche Co., William F. Cochrane, Collingwood Ranch, Conrad Brothers, Conrad Price Cattle Co., J.M. Conger, A.E. Cox, Crow Indian reserve, Dakota Stock Grazing Co., Hon. Mayne Daly, R. Burton Deane, Col. John S. Dennis, Edgar Dewdney, Insp. Arthur W. Duffus, Charles Elliott, George B. Elliott, Moreton Frewen, J.A. Gemmill, Gilbert Goddard, Charles Grayson, William Antrobus Griesbach, James Hargrave, Alexander Stavely Hill, Walter Ings, William H. Irvine, Sir John Lister Kaye, William Duncan Kerfoot, J.K. Kerr, George Lane, G.H. Lydiard, Dr. Duncan McNab McEachran, Hon. David L. McPherson, Maunsell Brothers, C.R. Mitchell, Mount Head Ranch, Mount Royal Ranch, Augustus Meredith Nanton, New Walrond Ranch, H.A. Noble, Northwest Cattle Co., Northwest Stock Association, Frank Oliver, William G. Oliver, Oxley Ranch, Sgt. D. Paterson, William Pearce, Hon. J.H. Pope, Powder River Cattle Co. prairie fires, Const. A. Purves, Quorn Ranch, Sgt. Major C.C. Raven, 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion), Daniel E. Riley, Philips Ross, Saskatchewan Stock Growers' Association, Walter Scott, C. Sharples, sheep, Hon. Clifford Sifton, Spencer Brothers, Charles Stewart, Charles Stimson, Frederick S. Stimson, Thomas Stone, Thomas B. Strange, Samuel B. Steele, William W. Stuart, J.R. Sutherland, E.E. Taylor, Sir Charles Tupper, Twin Butte Cattle and Horse Association, United Farmers of Alberta (UFA), R.A. Wallace, Walrond Ranch, Western Stock Growers' Association, Hon. Thomas White, Winder Ranche, and Wood Mountain Stock Ranch.
- CA ACU GBA C0019
The collection consists of the project's terms of reference, Dempsey's research correspondence and reference material, and his final report.
Dempsey, Hugh A.
- CA ACU GBA C0032
- Copied 1984-1985 [originally created ca.1870s-1952]
The collection consists of photographs of North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) at Fort Macleod and other posts. Also includes photographs taken on the Blood and Peigan reserves, and of the town of Fort Macleod, Alberta Provincial Police, and miscellaneous agricultural and ranching views.
Fort Macleod Museum
- CA ACU GBA C0037
- Copied 1979 (originally created [ca.1910s])
The collection consists of photograph of Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP) barracks at Grassy Lake.
Grassy Lake and Purple Springs Historical Society
- CA ACU GBA C0062
The collection consists of Appeal Court records for the case of Chief Bernard Ominayak et al, on behalf of the Lubicon Lake Band vs Norcen, Dome, Chieftain, Shell, Union, Numac, Petro-Canada, Chevron, Petrofina, and Amoco oil companies, and the Province of Alberta (1882-1985); photocopies of circulars (predominantly from Fred Lennarson), correspondence and newsclippings about the Lubicon Lake Cree (1981-1985); and photocopies of the affidavit and notice of motion for the 1983 lawsuit (1983).
Lubicon Lake Cree
- CA ACU GBA C0068
The collection consists of biographical information about members of the NWMP, a booklet about RCMP history, and photographs of Harry H. Nash. Biographies are available for Peter Aylen, Fred Bagley, Peter Bertles, Leversedge Brandon, G.H. Bray, Sgt. Major Diamond, Orrin Evans, Richard Field, Archibald Hare, John Herron, William Leonard Higgitt, Arthur Murray Jarvis, Frederick S. Jarvis, William D. Jarvis, William P. Jarvis, John Johnson, W.R. Johnston, George Clift King, Andrew MacDonald, James Farquharson Macleod, James Brown Moore, William Parker, Roger Pocock, Frederick Pope, Frederick Richard Rudd, Hert Edwin Rudd, Dusty Shaver, Reginald P. Sutherland, J. Thom, James Walker, Alfred Wilson, and Richard Charles Wyld.
- CA ACU GBA C0072
- [1860s]-1967, predominant 1940-1967
The collection consists of newspaper and journal articles pertaining to former members of the NWMP, native peoples and the fur trade; some correspondence and notes about his research; and photographs of various subjects including Walter Festing Sheppard and the NWMP, Wolf Creek Ranch in the Kootenay River Valley, British Columbia, and Fred Woodward, actor and animal impersonator. Includes a (1917) song about the Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP) composed by Special Constable Gardiner.
Nichols, Robert H.
- CA ACU GBA C0094
- 1956-1961 (originally created 1867-1961)
The collection consists of alphabetically arranged biographical files, typescripts of newspaper articles and research notes, and photographs of NWMP, oldtimers and general views of southern Alberta. Consists of these series: Fort Benton and Montana (1867-1956); North-West Mounted Police - General (1872-1947); North-West Mounted Police - Detachments and outposts (1882-1955); North-West Mounted Police - Old timers (1913-1957); Southern Alberta newspapers and editors (1923-1955); Presbyterian Church and ministers (1883-1926; First Nations (1877-1954); High River pioneers (compiled 1956-1960); Southern Alberta general history (compiled 1956-1961); and photographs (1870s-1930s).
Southern Alberta Research Project
- CA ACU GBA C0115
- The collection consists of interviews with and biographies of Airdrie pioneers, completed questionnaires about schools and churches, newsclippings and articles, Westminister S.D. records (1908-1927), Airdrie United Church records (1917-1948), and miscellaneous photographs, programs, poems, notes, etc.
- INTERVIEWS WITH/BIOGRAPHIES OF THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS ARE IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Archie Aitken, Emily Blankley Aitken, Neil Beaton, Rev. A.T. Bell, Mr. and Mrs. A.D. Black, Bill Brandon, Bert Clayton, Mrs. E.M. Clayton, Nina Cole, Dr. Collicutt, Willian Croxford, Joe Davy, Edith Duncan, Mr. Evans, William Evans, Tom Farr, Fred Fletcher, Mrs. John Fletcher, Sara Fletcher, Lillian Graham, Lloyd Koffsky, Daniel MacDonald, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Northcott, Clem Perry, Thomas Pole, Ada Ryan, and Adam Watson.