Showing 380 resultsArchival description
1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- ACU GBA F0591
- 1795-1968, predominant 1911-1968
- The fonds consists of family correspondence (1911-1968); George's historical society correspondence, history articles by various authors (1923-1926), and newsclippings on historical topics (1897-1965); David's diary of boy scout activities (1927); family certificates, memberships, programs, greeting cards and autograph book; and photographs of farm machinery, the Ranchmen's Club and Calgary.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Military Institute, Bow River, Ephrem A. Brisebois, Leonard W. Brockington, George F. Buchanan, buffalo hunting, Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) construction and land, Chiniquay (Stoney), Fort Calgary, Isaac Cowie, Crowsnest Pass, Insp. Francis J. Dickens, Alexander L. Fortune, fur trade, F.W. Godsal, golf, George H. Gooderham, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), Fort Livingstone, liquor traffic, Marquess of Lorne, Charles C. McCaul, Archibald McDonald, Joseph McDonald, Metis, William Pearce, Peigan Post, Walter Joseph Phillips, Peter Pond, Prince's Island Tennis Club, Riel Rebellion (1885), Saskatchewan River, Selkirk Settlement, Andrew Sibbald, T.M. Steedman, surveyors, Edmund Taylor, Archdeacon J.W. Tims, University of Alberta, James N. Wallace, and A.R. Wright.
- ACU GBA F0532
The fonds consists of Charles and Mary Clark's correspondence, scrapbooks, and other personal papers; Charles' South African War diary and photographs (1900-1902); photographs of the 1899 Canadian Press Association cross-Canada excursion; memorabilia and photographs of the 1924 press tour of Europe; High River Times scrapbooks, special issues, and financial records; Charles A. and Grace Clark's correspondence, scrapbooks, speeches, certificates and other personal papers; two interviews with Charles A. Clark about his life; miscellaneous records of High River organizations in which Charles A. and Grace Clark were members; Joe and Peter Clark's personal papers from their youth and letters to their parents; newspaper articles about Joe's career and other family members; and photographs of the family and High River area.
- ACU GBA F0529
The fonds consists of correspondence (1919-1925), military certificates, will, photographs of Camp Sewell and the 44th Battalion, and miscellaneous military and personal papers.
Church, Francis Gordon
- ACU GBA F0525
- 1879-1990, predominant 1879-1950
The fonds consists of Ernest Chritchley's tax returns (1917-1940, 1949), notes on the history of Crown Lumber Co. (1955), and correspondence (1950); Anna Chritchley's diary of packages sent to Harry F. (1941-1946), correspondence (1938, 1963), scrapbook of menus (1934-1941), recipes, cooking lessons, and newsclippings; Annie Rose Pearce's correspondence (1879-1894) and autograph book (1883); Gwen Chritchley's scrapbook of trip to England and France (1939); and Hornibrook family accounts, certificates and newsclippings (1913-1943). Also consists of Harry F. Chritchley's photographs (with commentary) about life as a student at the University of Alberta (1926-1930); shareholder statements (1936-1950); programs; newsclippings; invitations; correspondence and notes on Calgary streetcar routes, lumber companies and Alberta personalities; a recording describing the 1920s Bronco Custers singing group (1973); correspondence (1963); legal agreement (1951-1952); and Crown Lumber director's report (1956). Also includes photographs of the Chritchley, Ellithorpe and Hornibrook families (1883-1950), of Harry F. with the Calgary Highlanders (1940s), and of Alberta and Calgary.
- ACU GBA F0430
- The fonds consists of Orders, Part II regarding personnel in various military formations, field batteries, brigades and regiments.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: CALGARY: Calgary Highlanders, 15th Alberta Light Horse, 41st (R) Brigade Group, 41st (R) Field Regiment, 41st Anti-Tank Regiment, 68th Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment, 91st Field Battery, 19th Medium Artillery Regiment, 19th Field Brigade, 23rd Field Battery, 95th Field Battery, and First Army Group Headquarters. LETHBRIDGE: 18th Field Brigade, 18th Field Regiment, 20th Field Battery, 39th Field Battery, and 112th Field Battery. FORT MACLEOD: 93rd Field Battery. GLEICHEN: 22nd Field Battery. KENORA: 7th Medium Regiment, and 40th Medium Regiment. CRANBROOK: 107th Field Battery.
Canada. Department of National Defence
- ACU GBA F0359
- 1892-1982, predominant 1940-1945
The fonds consists of military orders (1940-1958), personnel lists (1940-1954), correspondence and memos (1931-1958), officers' records (1908-1920 [photocopy], 1932-1956), financial records (1940-1956), scrapbooks, pipe music, military journals and pamphlets, and miscellany. Includes photographs of personnel and activities (1914-1977), regimental diaries (1945, 1952), and personal correspondence of Lt. Col. J.F. Scott (O.C.) (1940-1941). Includes nominal rolls of CEF battalions and support units (1914-1916), and official casualty list (1915).
- ACU GBA F1392
The fonds consists of Edmonton Fusiliers records: nominal rolls (ca. 1916-1942), register (1923-1941), officers' records (1918-1941), regimental orders (1940-1943), war diaries (1939-1944), and correspondence. Also consists of 19th Alberta Dragoons records: nominal roll (1908-1942), register (1918-1927), officers' service records (1933), military orders (1911-1921), war diary (1914-1916), newsclippings and miscellany. Includes 23rd Militia Group, Edmonton personnel files (ca. 1950-1964), and submissions (1964); and Canadian Military District, Edmonton memos (1964-1967).
19th Alberta Dragoons
- ACU GBA F0358
- 1886-1988, predominant 1928-1988
The fonds consists of published and unpublished news photographs (1886-1986) which include photographs of Calgary and Alberta events, personalities, buildings and sports teams; the southern Alberta oil industry; Calgary military personalities and views (1940s-1960s); and royal visits to Calgary (1951, 1953). Also consists of correspondence (1928-1965); financial records (1929-1970); union agreements (1947-1960); bylaw (1938); and property inventory (1913). Includes essays entered by Calgary pioneers in a Herald competition (1970); sketches, plans and maps of Calgary areas and buildings (1956-1961); miscellaneous programs, bulletins and newsclippings, and reference material; transcripts, court documents, etc regarding lawsuits of Rod Sykes - material used by Herald reporter Vern Simaluk to write his columns.
- ACU GBA F3190
- 1909-1975, predominant 1915-1938
The fonds consists of family photograph albums, loose photos and memorabilia, primarily compiled by Olive Bertram. The photographs document the Burley and Bertram family homes, Salvation Army members including her sister Florence, Sarcee Army Camp and men in uniforms during the First World War, camping trips to the Rocky Mountains in the 1920s, Allan and George as children, the Ford car, and various family members. Includes George’s prize ribbons for running and school exhibition entries for his woodworking.
- ACU GBA F0197
- 1856-1964, predominant 1909-1964
- The fonds consists of George's correspondence, receipts, legal records, and insurance policies; Ada's correspondence with her children, her short stories and poems; George and Ada's family photographs (1901-1916); Herbert's school work books, notes, exams, military certificates,notebooks and photographs (primarily of Canadian military hospital on Lemnos); Hugh's farm correspondence, receipts, legal records, school reports, political material, and postcards; A. Gladys' correspondence, receipts, and legal records; P. Harold Morgan's insurance policies and irrigation and farm prices notebook; and H. William's contest entries. Includes correspondence, account books and sales agreement of the Strathmore Hardware Co. (1911-1924); Strathmore Sorosis Society minutes and correspondence (1934); Gleichen Conservative Constituency Association minute book (1958-1962); Oat Huller Coop agreements and receipts (1943-1945); Chinook Yellowknife Gold Syndicate agreements, minutes, correspondence and receipts (1946-1948); and Wheatland Weather Modification Association minutes and agreement (1962). Also includes one file of Henry Guy Stanger Cole's legal papers (1914).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Associated Oil Fields Ltd., Alberta Hail Suppression Association, Alberta Steam Laundry Co., R.B. Bennett, Bow River Conservative Association, Crowfoot High Spirits Club, Arthur Dowse, Richard Garnett, George H. Gooderham, Heppner brothers, Spence Hughes, Lakeside Collieries, Isobel McNaughton, Pembina Coal Co., Pincher Creek Club, E.W. Pust, Frederic Remington, Victor Sifton, Strathmore Agricultural Society, Frank E. Sugden, Cecil Townshend, Joseph Van Tighem, Jack Waddy, and Eldon Woolliams.