Showing 190 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0031
- 1963 December
- Accompanied by newsclippings. Caption: "Student holds mouse without tail"; "Dr. N. E. Henderson examining a trout"; "Radioactive isotopes used in studies...graduate student Denys Meakin operates counter"; "Dr. T. A. Oliver studies old rocks...sample is 350,000,000 years old"; "Prairie mud holds secrets for Dr. Hartland-Rowe"; "Dr. Bachelor works with chemical extracts"; "Sample to be irradiated is prepared by Dr. Armstrong"; "Dr. Tavares operates high intensity ultra-violet lamp"; "nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer... Dr. Buckmaster probes crystals with machine."
- These photographs illustrate a series of 13 articles dealing with the expansion of science facilities at UAC and describing research projects under way at the university.
- Copy negatives have been added to the file. Reference prints have been placed in a separate binder.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0033
- 1964 January, February
Accompanied by newsclippings. Captions: "Invitations to the university ball"; "...Faculty Women's Club of the [UAC] entertained Saturday night at the Palliser Hotel at its first annual dinner and ball. ..."
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0034
- 1964 January, August, October
Accompanied by newsclippings. Captions: "...UAC library is busiest spot on campus as students bone up for mid-term exams now in progress."; "Student makes use of UAC library." ...; "...The Royal Trust Co. marked its 50th Anniversary in Calgary Tuesday with a gift of $1000 to the UAC library."
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0035
- 1964 January
Accompanied by newsclipping. Caption: "Autonomy supporters GaryiHolland, right, president of the Calgary Young Liberal Association, signs a cheque for University of Alberta, Calgary, autonomy stickers. Watching the signing is Frank Stoddart, centre, students' union business manager, while Ken Johnson, leader of the UAC Liberals, looks on. Campus and downtown Liberals have pledged their support to "autonomy now" and purchase of hte stickers Monday meant sealing of the pact." A copy negative has been added to the file. A reference print has been placed in a separate binder.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0036
- 1964 February
Accompanied by newsclippings. One caption reads: "UAC model Parliament election campaign warmed up Friday when New Puritan party burned a dummy representing the leader of a rival party."
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0038
- 1964 February
Accompanied by newsclippings. Captions: "Dance display was one of the attractions offered at UAC open house Thursday night...Other events...included a debate and string ensemble concert"; "Peter Merkly, 8, was one of hundreds of Calgarians who took advantage of university open house to tour laboratories and see various displays describing study and club activities of students and faculty." Copy negatives have been added to the file. Reference prints have been placed in a separate binder.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0039
- 1964 February
- Title taken from newsclipping caption.
- Accompanied by newsclipping. Caption: "Empty seats are hard to find as UAC cafeteria handles lunchtime invasion of students. University officials say cafeteria is badly overcrowded because enrolment at UAC increased faster than predicted."
- A copy negative has been added to the file. A reference print has been placed in a separate binder.
- CA ACU ARC C0006-FL0040
- 1964 March
- Title based on contents.
- Accompanied by newsclipping. Caption: "The sprinklers in the southeast corner of the campus were turned on some time Sunday in an effort to keep the dust down during heavy winds. Photo ... shows a line of sprinklers still spouting water while [another shows] a "geyser" of ice. ... An unidentified workman starts chipping the ice away."