Showing 746 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA F0151
The fonds consists of Arthur's letters to his uncle, Talbot (Tom) Barnard, in England, describing the purchase of his homestead and farming activities.
Barnard, Arthur F.
- CA ACU GBA F0943
- The fonds consists of 48 letters written to his family in England, which record Hills' impressions and experiences as he moved west through Canada.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: John J. Barter, Carlton (Sask.), chinooks, Cree, Oswald A. Critchley, Fish Creek (Alta.), F.L. Foster, F.W. Godsal, George Lane, John Lineham, Little Bow Cattle Co., Mount Head Ranch, North-West Mounted Police (NWMP), Northwest Cattle Co., Quorn Ranch, 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion), St. George's Ranch, Sheep Creek Ranch, Walter Skrine, snowshoes, Frederick S. Stimson, John Ware and Edwin John Winterbottom.
- CA ACU GBA F0608
- 1863-1885, predominant 1879-1885
The fonds consists of personal correspondence pertaining to his life in Alberta and Montana, invoices and receipts from I.G. Baker and merchants in Calgary and Winnipeg, horse sale records, lumber company insurance policy, and account books pertaining to the ranch and lumber business. Includes a poem about pioneering in Alberta.
Crosby, Frank M.
- CA ACU GBA F1674
The fonds consists of NWMP records while Albert was Police farm superintendent, and family accounts.
- CA ACU GBA F0685
- Transcribed [ca. 1957] (originally created 1886)
The fonds consists of transcript of a diary of his trip.
Douglass, James Ley
- CA ACU GBA F0488
The fonds consists of Jim's letter to his brother in Oshawa, Ontario, about his trip West and homesteading experiences near Penhold, Alberta. He describes building his shack, the lack of food, a prairie fire, and breaking land.
- CA ACU GBA F0548
- The fonds consists of Frank White's ranch notebook (1881-1882) recording livestock inventories, livestock brands, Kerfoot's employment contract, beef sales contracts, and cattle purchase contracts; W.F. Cochrane's diary (1885) and ranch business letterbooks (1884-1885); and photographs of Senator Cochrane and the British American Ranch Co. (1882-1892).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: H. Bleeker, Kootenai Brown, J.M. Browning, Phillip Carr, Hugh S. Cayley, J.H. Christie, James Cochrane, Supt. John Cotton, Cecil Denny, J.G. Dunlop, W. Farthorn, G.G. Fitzgerald, M. Gallagher, G.C. King and Co., S. Goltman, H.H. Heiser, I.G. Baker and Co., Charles Kettle, Sam Livingston, W.B. McArthur, K Murchion, George Murdoch, Frederick Pace, William Pocklington, S.A. Ramsay, John Rathwell, Riel Rebellion (1885), D.C. Robertson, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) posts, Frederick S. Stimson, Capt. John Stewart, Maj. James Walker, Godfrey Weir, Western Stock Growers' Association, Lieut. Col. Whitehead, and Robert Whitney.
Cochrane Ranche Company
- CA ACU GBA F0435
- Photocopied 1965 (originally created 1887-1893)
- The fonds consists of the letterbook of D.W. Andrews, ranch manager, pertaining to daily ranch operations, round-ups, finances and stock on the Stair Ranch (1890-1893); a CACCC promotional poster (1887); and two miscellaneous company letters (1890, 1896).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Crane Lake, Rush Lake, Langdon, Dunmore, Kincorth, 76 Ranch, Charles Akers, Roy Cowan, Robert Needham, John Ellis, W.E. Cochrane [Billy Cochrane], A. Middleton, W. Middleton, John R. Craig, W. Rutherford, D.J. Wylie and D. Kerfoot.
Canadian Agricultural, Coal and Colonization Company
- CA ACU GBA F1580
- Copied 1958 (originally created 1894)
The fonds consists of photographs of James and Harry Rodgers and other pioneers, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Edward Banister of Davisburg, Alberta.
- CA ACU GBA F1517
The fonds consists of ledgers, cashbooks, and financial statements.
Quorn Ranch Company