Showing 123 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU TMM F0025
- 1914 - 1920
Fonds consists of material gathered and/or created by Frederick Smith during his time as a soldier in the Canadian Expeditionary Force of WWI. The fonds includes a series of letters of written by Smith to Ella Snoddy, his fiancée, during each of the years he served overseas.
Smith, Frederick Edwin
- CA ACU TMM F0041
Collection consists of cards and postcards, some blank, some written, that were gathered by Ingrid Osborne. 12 items total.
- CA ACU TMM F0048
- 1914- 1919, 1940-1942, 1973-2008
Fonds consists of the material gathered together by the author as he conducted extensive research into the topics dealt with in each of his five publications.
The fonds is divided into eight series:
- Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
- Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
- Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
- Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
- Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
- Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
- Slides and film strips.
- CA ACU TMM F0068
Fonds consists of material pertaining to the military experience of brothers Frederick and Charles Knights during WWI. Material is divided into 3 series: Letters, Photographs, Clippings.
Knights, Charles Richard
- CA ACU TMM F0056
Fonds consists of material gathered by John Houston Philp during or near the time of his service in WWI as a member of the Canadian Expeditionary Force. It is divided into two series:
- WWI related items
- Calgary Album
Philp, John Houston
- CA ACU TMM F0015
The fonds consists of black and white photographs that predominantly depict Canadian action during WWI. The majority of the photographs are duplicates of Canadian Official War Photographs held at Library and Archives Canada. For further information about this initiative see: http://goo.gl/cFC15i. Captions on the verso of photographs stamped “Canadian Official War Photograph” are likely transcribed from a print index at Library and Archives Canada.
Wheatley, Henry Percival
- CA ACU TMM F0065
- [191-] - 1947
Fonds consists of photographs created or collected by Otto Meier or members of his family. 10 of the images pertain to the German experience of WWI, the remainder pertain to Meier's family and friends post WWI.
- CA ACU TMM F0067
Fonds consists of diaries kept by Watson during his time as a commanding officer during WWI. Also includes related WWI photographs and ephemera collected and arranged by Watson in scrapbook.