Mostrando 233 resultadosDescripción archivística
78 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales
- CA ACU GBA C0217
The collection consists of song sheets and songbooks, primarily with lyrics, but sometimes featuring the musical scores as well. They have been arranged in the following categories: Alberta (including Edmonton and Calgary); Camp Songs; Canadian; Christmas Carols; Hymns and Spirituals; Military and War; Patriotic; Popular Music; Schools and Educational; and Miscellaneous.
Glenbow Archives (song sheets)
- CA ACU GBA C0212
- [ca. 1880-1995]
The collection consists of paper artifacts including advertiques (blotters, paper placemats, etc.); transit and railway tickets; savings coupons from breakfast cereals, tea, coffee, etc.; various licences and certificates; soap wrappers; laundry bills; ration books; and other items.
Glenbow Archives (oddments)
- CA ACU GBA F0209
- The fonds consists of scrapbooks (programs and newsclippings) pertaining to theatrical and musical events (1894-1948), photographs of the family, theatrical productions, Calgary and the Rockies (1920s-1940s), and miscellaneous scripts, poetry, and sheet music.
- CA ACU GBA C0203
- 1909-[ca. 1975]
The collection consists of essays by Tom Ward, “Chronological History of Calgary, 1875 to 1959”, “The Salvation Army”, and “History of Calgary Seals, Crests and Logos”. Includes a photocopy of the 1905 annual report of Calgary Public Schools; and a copy of a poem by Harry Hutchcroft, “The Spirit of Calgary”. Includes postcards from southern Alberta, photographs of City of Calgary seals and coat of arms designs, the 1925 Calgary jubilee medallion, historic Calgary personalities, public events, the 1915 Calgary flood, city Waterworks and Municipal Railway views and construction activities, Midnapore, Fish Creek, the Lacombe Home, personalities and activities in the petroleum industry (ca. 1942-ca. 1955), examples of Tom Ward’s artworks, Tom Ward’s military career, RCMP officer Doug Johnson, and Tom Ward. Includes album of views of the site of the Bowness subdivision and bridge construction start ceremony (ca. 1912). Includes an ink sketch of a West Coast totem.
- CA ACU GBA F0187
- 1933-1990, predominant 1933-1976
The fonds consists of brief biography and original compositions.
Benbow, George Joseph
- CA ACU GBA C0182
- 1858-[ca. 1945]
The collection consists of James G. Bain’s notebook and papers concerning his work with the British Columbia Provincial Police and gold mining ventures in Quesnel Forks, B.C. (1892-1899); correspondence, receipt books, and insurance policy of the Sandon Miners’ Union, affiliated with the Western Federation of Miners (1901-1915); journal and payroll sheets of mining operations in Sandon; waybills, share certificates, and mining lease agreement from Quesnel Forks; personal correspondence of James P. Delahunty of Barkerville, B.C.; will of James Francis Ford of 150 Mile House, B.C.; diaries of C. Walverson, western USA; time book of the Whit Grouse Co. (timber company of Quesnel Forks?, 1874); Elizabeth Ann Palmer’s food ration book from the Second World War, Waldo, B.C.; letterbook of the Provincial Police constable, Arrowhead, B.C. (1908-1916); facsimile of the signatures on the Treaty of 1831 which established the independence of Belgium; posters for the Baddeley Bros. 3 Ring Wild Animal Circus; and fragments of circus posters.
- CA ACU GBA F0163
- 1896-1948, predominant 1910-1948
- The fonds consists of architectural plans for approximately 100 buildings, and correspondence, specifications, contracts, tenders and account book related to his architectural work. (There are no plans for the Grain Exchange.)
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: CALGARY BUILDING PROJECTS: Anderson apartments, Argyle court, Bank of Montreal (main and branches), Beveridge-Travis building, Bole Drug warehouse, Bowness school, Burns building, Calgary Albertan, Calgary Golf and Country Club clubhouse, Canada Life building, Canadian Army barracks, Canadian Bank of Commerce, Canadian Fairbanks Morse building, Clarendon block, Costello apartments, Crescent Heights Baptist church, Elbow View Motel, Elma (Lineham) building, Holland Canada Mortgage Co., Hope (Hunt) block, Imperial Bank of Canada, Jenkins Groceteria, Lancaster (Mackie) building, Lawrence Lodge (Lundy block), Merchants Bank of Canada, National Drug Co., Pro-Cathedral, Pryce-Jones Canada Ltd., Roxboro building, St. Edmund's church, St. Joseph's church, St. Mary's Boys school, St. Mary's church, St. Michael's church, Sacred Heart convent, Safeway store, skating rink, swimming pool, C.D. Taprell store, Toole, Peet & Co., Toronto General Trusts building, West Mount Pleasant church, and Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) building. CALGARY HOUSES: Garrington M. Firmstone, Dr. William E. Graham, William Roper Hull (bungalows), R.H. Jenkins, J.R. Jeynes, Mrs. A.M. King, Charles R. Latimer, Rev. Alexander McTaggart, Frederick E. Osborne, Aloysius G. Plunkett, G. Romanes, E.M. Saunders (garage), A. Judson Sayre, James E. Varley, William Legh Walsh, and James H. Woods. BUILDINGS IN OTHER LOCATIONS: Loretto (Allner) building (Drumheller), Bank of Montreal (High River, Medicine Hat, Oakville), Blood Indian reserve church (Cardston), Carstairs hotel, Holland Canada Mortgage residence (Moose Jaw), Imperial Bank of Canada (Cranbrook and Crossfield), Kermaria Convent (Pincher Creek), Rocky Mountain House town offices, and Whitehouse Hotel (Drumheller). ARCHITECTS: Brown and Vallance, George Fordyce, Charles Hay, Langley and Howard, F.J. Lawson, Leonard W. Meanwell, Frances Rattenbury, and James C. Teague.
Bates, William Stanley
- CA ACU GBA F0155
- 1912-1969, predominant 1941-1969
The fonds consists of articles of association and minutes of Odeon (Grand) Theatre Ltd. (1941-1944); correspondence with distributors about movie bookings (1946- 1969); scrapbook of newsclippings about the Grand Theatre (1919-1924); programs for events held at the Grand (1912-1914, 1942-1955); photographs of the Palace and Grand Theatres (1920s-1964); papers regarding relocation of Canadian Pacific Railway in downtown Calgary (1963-1964); and a recorded interview with Jack Barron about his life and business activities.
- CA ACU GBA F1555
The fonds consists of the family scrapbook (1887-1934), photograph albums, loose photographs, family correspondence, letters from Bishop Cyprian Pinkham (1907-1914), some of Ezra's political correspondence, Dorothy's scrapbook of her university career (1927-1932), typescripts of Louise's published and unpublished children's books and adult novels (1950s), newsclippings and memorabilia.
Riley, Ezra (family)
- CA ACU GBA F1957
The fonds consists of minutes, correspondence, financial records related to their fundraising efforts (especially the Benny the Bookworm sale), membership lists, newsletters and photographs.
Women's League of the Calgary Philharmonic Society