Showing 192557 resultsArchival description
462 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- ACU GBA F0937
- 1790-1960, predominant 1875-1960
The fonds consists of personal and family correspondence; business correspondence pertaining to his position as postmaster, his affiliation with the Presbyterian Church and Pharmaceutical Association, and his appointment as coroner; correspondence and enquiries relating to his writings; his notes, poems, articles, radio broadcasts and manuscripts, including drafts and reviews of When the West was Young; diaries (1885-1887, 1937-1941) and travel journals; newsclippings and articles on Western history, people and places; indexed scrapbooks and notebooks; and programs, certificates, and greeting cards. Includes family photographs and photographs of his travels, ranching scenes, Alberta personalities, Lethbridge, Fort Macleod, and Waterton. Includes 1876-1887 Fort Whoop-Up bill-heads (some signed by David Akers), collected from the site by Higinbotham; and an article by Nellie McClung set at the Higinbotham home.
Higinbotham, John D.
- ACU GBA C0264
- , 1870-1945
The collection consists of sheet music and music books collected by the donor's parents Marguerite and Percy Davies. Includes popular, patriotic, classical, standard and sacred music.
- ACU GBA F2037
- Copied 1967-1970 (originally created 1792-1969)
The fonds consists of Fidler's journal while in the vicinity of Calgary (1792); his journal, including census information while in the Red River Settlement (1814-1815); and information about Fidler and his house in Bolsover, compiled by a descendant, Mary Fidler (1969). Other records copied from the HBC Archives are present, including Peigan Post returns (1832), and Richard Hardisty letters about the fur trade (1874, 1882).
- ACU GBA C0138
- 1794-1994, predominant 1875-1992
The collection consists of photocopies of Metis genealogical research material collected by Burtonshaw from such sources as Library and Archives Canada, various libraries and churches, and personal contacts. Includes a complete run of "The Metis Newsletter" as well as Metis Researcher lists compiled by Burtonshaw. Burtonshaw's personal memoirs "I Remember" are included. Also includes photographs of Manitoba and Geoff's hometown of Valpoy, Barkerville and the Cariboo country of British Columbia, Fort Simpson, Hay River, Nahanni, Batoche, the Fidler family reunion, etc.
- ACU GBA F0591
- 1795-1968, predominant 1911-1968
- The fonds consists of family correspondence (1911-1968); George's historical society correspondence, history articles by various authors (1923-1926), and newsclippings on historical topics (1897-1965); David's diary of boy scout activities (1927); family certificates, memberships, programs, greeting cards and autograph book; and photographs of farm machinery, the Ranchmen's Club and Calgary.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Military Institute, Bow River, Ephrem A. Brisebois, Leonard W. Brockington, George F. Buchanan, buffalo hunting, Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) construction and land, Chiniquay (Stoney), Fort Calgary, Isaac Cowie, Crowsnest Pass, Insp. Francis J. Dickens, Alexander L. Fortune, fur trade, F.W. Godsal, golf, George H. Gooderham, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), Fort Livingstone, liquor traffic, Marquess of Lorne, Charles C. McCaul, Archibald McDonald, Joseph McDonald, Metis, William Pearce, Peigan Post, Walter Joseph Phillips, Peter Pond, Prince's Island Tennis Club, Riel Rebellion (1885), Saskatchewan River, Selkirk Settlement, Andrew Sibbald, T.M. Steedman, surveyors, Edmund Taylor, Archdeacon J.W. Tims, University of Alberta, James N. Wallace, and A.R. Wright.
- ACU GBA F0712
- 1795-2000, predominant 1863-1964
The fonds is very rich in correspondence which details life in southern Alberta, ranching, childhood, and the relationships between family members. It consists of: Oliver's correspondence and Treaty 8 trip diary (1900); Henrietta's diaries (1864, 1867), a few speeches and writings, correspondence, and Persons Case memorabilia; Alice's correspondence, diary (1940), and wedding records; Muir's diary (1897); Margaret's correspondence (very little); Amelia's correspondence and letters to the editor; Claude's ranching diaries (1905-1927) and correspondence (1894-1919); Laura's and Barbara's correspondence; Claudia's school records, diaries (1920-1928), and correspondence; Gard's school records, diaries (1920, 1926), and Persons Case memorabilia; extensive family photographs; genealogical charts; and miscellaneous documents of various ancestors.
Edwards, Henrietta Muir
- CA ACU SPC F0202-S0008
- Series consists of books published by James and Lillian and publications they collected relevant to their activities and interests. Includes leather and cloth bound editions of Davidson’s book, Formosa Then and Now, and Lillian’s Making New Friends, numerous volumes pertaining to Arctic exploration and Peary, and others on the Far East and Europe.
- Series contains books written by James Wheeler Davidson and Lillian Dow Davidson; books about JWD or in which he is mentioned; and books collected by JWD and LDD on subjects relevant to their activities. Several volumes contain inscriptions by the gifter.