Showing 263 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU TMM F0045
Fonds consists of one Christmas card and a photocopy of Corlett's Attestation Paper.
- CA ACU TMM F0046
Fonds consists predominantly of correspondence between members of the Smythe family during the period of WWII when Lorne W. Smythe and his son were active overseas. The fact of Lorne N. Smythe's death while serving is reflected in many of the documents. Fonds is divided into
Smythe, Hilda Anne Marie
- CA ACU ARC F0047
Fonds consists of administrative files from the Data Centre, Administrative Computing, and Academic Computing Services (ACS). Also consists of administrative files and other material relating to the SuperComputing Centre, and several periodicals: Bernies Tips and Tricks; Micro Byte; New Currents; Info Serve; Big Byte; ACS News; ACS Staff Notes; Super*C Newsletter; Without Format; and Computing and Data Processing News.
University of Calgary. Information Technologies
- CA ACU TMM F0047
Fonds consists predominantly of items sent to Neva Forsyth from a serving soldier in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during WWI. This soldier is likely William Falcus, of Edmonton, service number 466018.
- CA ACU TMM F0048
- 1914- 1919, 1940-1942, 1973-2008
Fonds consists of the material gathered together by the author as he conducted extensive research into the topics dealt with in each of his five publications.
The fonds is divided into eight series:
- Material collected for “A Paper on the Role of Mine-hunting/Minesweeping for the Canadian Navy”. 1979
- Material collected for “Armed Yachts of Canada”. 1983
- Material collected for a booklet entitled “Volunteers for Sea Service: a brief history of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve, its predecessors and successors, on its 80th anniversary, 1973” and a subsequent paper entitled “A History of our Naval Reserve” presented at a 1995 naval conference.
- Material collected for “The Canadian Naval Chronicle: 1939-1945: the successes and losses of the Canadian Navy in WW II”. 1996
- Material collected for “Three Princes Armed: luxury liners to warships”. 1998
- Material collected for “Sink All the Shipping There: the wartime loss of Canada’s merchant ships and fishing schooners.” 2002
- Slides and film strips.
- CA ACU TMM F0050
Fonds consists of material generated and/or accumulated by Lt. Col. Grant McLean in his capacity as the Commanding Officer for Canadian Civil-Military Cooperation (CIMIC) operations during Canada's peacekeeping mission (Operation Palladium) to Bosnia Herzegovina following the Bosnian War. Specifically, McLean oversaw CIMIC training and deployment for Rotation 12, 2002-2003.
Highlights of the collection include McLean's email correspondence, which provides insight into the administrative relationship between the Reserves and Regular Forces, and village by village intelligence gauging levels of post-war recovery for areas in which CIMIC was active.
The fonds is divided into 5 series:
- CIMIC Operations
- CIMIC Training
- Email Correspondence
- Canadian Forces Liaison Council
- Miscellaneous Files
- CA ACU TMM F0051
Fonds consists primarily of photographs taken by Coppell during his time of service as a peacekeeper with the Canadian Armed Forces in Cyprus.
- CA ACU ARC F0051
Fonds consist of records created and accumulated by Norman Wagner. Fonds includes correspondence, photographs, newspaper articles and clippings, speeches, memoirs, publications and material pertaining to his career as University of Calgary president, President and Chairman of Alberta Natural Gas Company Ltd and his activities after his retirement. Also includes Wagner's Bachelor of Divinity thesis and Ph.D. thesis.
Wagner, Norman E.
- CA ACU TMM F0052
Fonds consists of one panoramic photograph of Vimy Ridge on linen backing. Photograph appears to be intelligence gathered in advance of the battle April, 1917. Also includes one card detailing a Christmas dinner for the Canadian Corps Survey Section, 1918. Card is signed by attendees. Both items were likely produced or co-produced by Loney.
Loney, Charles William
- CA ACU ARC F0052
Fond consists of records created or received by Craigie during his lifetime including early education, subsequent degrees, teaching and research.
Craigie, Peter C.