Showing 4572 resultsArchival description
456 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F3289
- 1843-2018, predominant 1910-2014
The fonds consists of research material (interviews, notes, clippings, etc.) re four research projects: Eva Reid, Associated Boards of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) music students, The Diva and the Rancher book, and Calgary Stampede Queens article and book.
- CA ACU GBA F0176
- The fonds consists of correspondence (1854-1905) relating to his newspaper businesses, the Temperance Colonization Society, the crofters' immigration scheme, the Alaskan boundary, and the Dunbow Ranche; legal records; diaries (1842-1904); correspondence, minutes and incorporation documents for the railway company; and certificates, appointments and commissions. Includes Emily's correspondence (1853-1914) and photographs of the Begg family.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Robert Begg, Bow River Ranch, Canadian Yukon Railway Co., D.W. Davis, William Duncan, Grand Trunk Pacific Railway, Richard C. Hardisty, J.J. Hill, Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) lands, Louis Riel, St. Joseph's Industrial School (Dunbow School), Sir Thomas Shaughnessy, and James Wallace.
- CA ACU GBA C0176
- [ca. 1845-1968]
The collection consists of posters related to a wide variety of topics including the promotion of immigration to Canada; the sale of Victory bonds and recruitment for the wars; political campaigns; advertisements for rail and steamship travel; and announcements of auction sales, sports meets, and social events.
Glenbow Archives (posters)
- CA ACU GBA F2033
The fonds consists of a letter from Thomas Ryan from the battle front of the First Sikh War in India; genealogical charts of the Ryan and Harrison families; notes on the families' histories; military, birth and marriage certificates of Basil and Hylda; portraits of family members; and newsclippings.
- CA ACU GBA F1275
The fonds consists of family and ranch correspondence, land documents, and newsclippings.
McIntosh, Charles Edgar
- CA ACU GBA F0660
- 1847-1962, predominant 1882-1916
The fonds consists of notebooks, scrapbooks and manuscripts regarding Mounted Police events that became the basis of his memoirs, and photographs of the family, NWMP and Maple Creek. Includes reminiscence of the trial of Louis Riel; biographical sketch of his son-in-law P.C.H. Primrose; and biographical and genealogical information regarding his family.
Deane, Richard Burton
- CA ACU GBA F1490
- 1848-1979, predominant 1905-1979
- The fonds consists of George's diaries (1935-1969), correspondence (1905-1971), ranching records, reminiscences, obituary, recorded speech and interview; Norma's diaries (1935-1940, 1970-1979), correspondence (1925-1978), musical career records (publicity, programs, recordings of her singing, etc.), reminiscences, her biography of George, and two recorded interviews; and the Pocaterra's financial records, tax returns, scrapbooks, and photographs and slides of Kananaskis, ranches, Italy, opera, and family members. Includes Dr. W.A. Piper's correspondence, speeches, oil company prospectuses and dentistry photographs.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Alberta Dental Association, Alberta Registered Music Teachers' Association, David Bearspaw, R.B. Bennett, Calgary Allied Arts Council, Calgary Dental Society, Calgary District Planning Commission, Calgary Stock Exchange, coal, Susan Davy, Fred Dippie, Canon Samuel H. Middleton, Olive Parnell, R.M. Patterson, Lawrence Stafford Piper, Richard Lloyd Piper, recipes, Round T Ranch (Pekisko), Harper Sibley, Temple Sinclair, J.S. Thompson, Dr. Ray Clarence Thorpe, and Guy Weadick.
- CA ACU GBA F0906
- 1849-1944, predominant 1880-1942
- The fonds consists of correspondence (1880-1928), speeches, certificates, newsclippings, family genealogy, invitations, programs, and photographs of Haultain and the Haultain family.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: R.B. Bennett, Hon. George Brown, G.H.V. Bulyea, Cochrane Ranche, Edward VII, Alexander Galt, Elliott T. Galt, C.A. Magrath, Oliver Mowat, Frank Oliver, poetry, R.P. Roblin, A.L. Sifton, Treaty 7, and S.T. Wood.
Haultain, Frederick W.G.
- CA ACU GBA F1628
- The fonds consists of Gilbert Sanders' diaries (1885-1889, 1892, 1894-1898, 1911, 1918-1919, 1926-1931, 1943-1947, 1949-1950), correspondence (1863-1954), certificates, appointments, reports, financial papers, newsclippings and scrapbooks; Caroline Sanders' diary (1927), notebooks, appointment books, and passport; some correspondence and certificates of Edward and Annie Sanders; and miscellaneous diaries and reminiscences of men G.E. Sanders knew in the NWMP, South African War and First World War (Col. G.A. French, Robert Patterson, Sergeant C.H. Connor, and Sergeant Brindle).
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS FONDS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Boy Scouts, British German League, Calgary Golf and Country Club, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires, Distinguished Service Order, Ernest Cashel, Kiwanis Club, Masonic Lodge, Order of St. Michael and St. George, Southern Alberta Pioneers' and Old Timers' Association, Unemployment Relief Commission, and Veterans' Assistance Commission.
- CA ACU GBA F1428
- 1849-1972, predominant 1849-1898
- The fonds consists of Orr's diaries (1849-1887, 1893-1897), indexed letterbooks (1888-1897), certificates, and account books; and family correspondence, autograph albums, family photographs, newsclippings and scrapbook.
- LETTERS TO/ABOUT THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE/SUBJECTS ARE IN THE LETTERBOOKS. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS AND FOR A MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST: Lord Campbell Gordon Aberdeen, Alberta Southern Railway, George Alexander, James Alexander, William H. Atkinson, Hon. A.R. Augers, John Bain, John A. Bangs, James Bannerman, James W. Barclay, William Barker, Reginald Barthorp, Lewis Baxter, John Beattie, Margaret Beattie, Charles Beck, Mayor Bentley, H.D. Beveridge, J.W. Boss, O.H. Bott, Robert George Brett, J.S. Brisco, N.E. Brooks, Samuel Brown, William Brown, George Barclay Bruce, buffalo bones, A.M. Burgess, Acton Burrows, W.C. Caldwell, Calgary Agricultural Society, Calgary-Alberta and Montana Railway, Calgary Herald, Calgary Tribune, Arthur L. Cameron, Alexander Campbell, Canadian Agricultural, Coal and Colonization Co., Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) (passenger traffic, repair shops and stations), Alfred Carey, Hon. John Carling, James Carroll, Hugh S. Cayley, Chinese, Duke of Connaught, W.G. Conrad, Charles F. Conybeare, J. Creagh, Mr. Justice A. Cross, Crowsnest Pass Railway, William H. Cushing, Thomas Mayne Daley, Donald Watson Davies, Edgar Dewdney, W.H. de Wolf, Frank Dick, Howard Douglas, electric lighting, R. Elliott, A.J. Ellis, William Fisk, J.G. Fitzgerald, George Fleming, James Forrest, I.S. Freeze, Leonard Gaetz, W.J. Gage, Mayor C. Gallagher, Paul Gaston, Edward F. Gigot, R.B. Gordon, Great North West Central Railway, Rev. Sister Green, A.F. Grady, James Grierson, Harold Gruner, John A. Hamilton, L.A. Hamilton, Col. Josiah Harris, Frederick Haultain, George Hellier, James Henderson, High River Coal Mine, G. Hiller, Hudson's Bay and Pacific Railway Co., William Roper Hull, John A. Ingram, Col. Atcheson Gosford Irvine, R.A. James, Hon. J.H. Jameson, Robert Kerr, James Delamere Lafferty, John Lineham, James A. Lougheed, Dr. Lovingheart, Alexander Lucas, lumber trade, Alexander McBride, George W. McBride, Peter McCarthy, Rev. John McDougall, Walter McIntosh, J.S. Mackie, James A. McKenzie, Hon. Charles H. Mackintosh, D. McLean, C. McMillan, James A. McMillan, H.W. McNeill, Charles A. Magrath, Miss J.M. Malloy, Supt. Richard Marpole, George Morrison, John T. Moore, George Morrilaws, James Muir, Augustus Meredith Nanton, John Ryerson Neff, John Niblock, Frank Oliver, Adam C. Orr, James Orr, J.G. Osborne, J.T. Pattison, William Pearce, F.W. Pettit, Bishop Pinkham, prostitution, public welfare, James Quinn, A.G. Ramsay, Silas Alexander Ramsay, William T. Ramsay, Red Deer Valley Railway, William Reid, Daniel Riley, J.B. Ritchards, Rocky Mountain Railway, Norman Ross, Amos Rowe, Joseph Royal, sanatoriums, Saskatchewan Homestead and Colonization Co., W.B. Scarth, Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred C. Schreiber, Henry Scott, Sheep Creek Coal Mine, Arthur L. Sifton, Clifford Sifton, Leopold Slatterly, smallpox, smelting, John Stewart, McLeod Stewart, Thomas Stone, David Suitor, Thomas Sutherland, Harry Symons, W.B. Thorne, H. Villard, Major James Walker, William V. Walsh, F. White, Frank White, Harry White, Gen. Supt. F. Whyte, Rev. Thomas G. Williams, and Mrs. Fred Wood.
Orr, Wesley Fletcher