Showing 211 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA F0032
The fonds consists of transcripts of interviews.
Alberta Law Society
- CA ACU GBA F0318
The fonds consists of Clark's legal statement of his part in the Cashel manhunt (1960), transcript of diary with annotations by Clark (1960), and lawyer's common place book (ca. 1930). Also consists of photographs of NWMP detachments at Peace River, Fort St. John, Fort Macleod (1904-1906); of NWMP personalities (1894, 1905-1910); and of personalities and town of Fort St. John (1905-1906).
Bury, Absalom Clark
- CA ACU GBA F0334
- The fonds consists of constitution (1916), minutes (1890-1904, 1906-1959), financial statements (1915-1916) and transcripts of interviews with members of southern Alberta's legal profession (1982-1984).
- THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS WERE INTERVIEWED. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Gordon H. Allen, Bill "Barney" Barnett, R.H. Barron, R.G. Black, W.F. Bowker, E.M. Bredin, Chester V. Burns, Spencer Cumming, W.G.N. Egbert, R.L. Fenerty, A. Gilchrist, J.H. Gray, Ruth Gorman, A.W. Henricks, Rollie Jardine, M.E. Jones, E. Kush, J.H. Laycraft, Marie McCaffary, A.W. MacDonald, D.P. McDonald, R.A. Mackimmie, D.P. McLaws, L.D. MacLean, Tom Malcolm, E.C. Manning, R. Martland, Mrs. Orrin Might, J.V.H. Milvain, Mrs. Harry Nolan, Ruth Patterson, J.M. Pritchard, J.J. Saucier, Arthur R. Smith, Cecil Swanson, F. Thurgood, and Peter S. Vallance.
Calgary Bar Association
- CA ACU GBA F0179
- 1852-1954, predominant 1852-1907
The fonds consists of an account of the McLeod's trip to Fort Edmonton, biographical information and newsclippings on the McLeod and Belcher families, and a description of their experiences at Portage la Prairie and Edmonton.
- CA ACU GBA F1055
- 1911-1974, predominant 1911-1949
The fonds consists of photographs of Lethbridge Experimental Station and projects (1911-1942), soil erosion in Alberta and Saskatchewan (1930s), and agricultural views; discussion notes on irrigation for experimental station staff seminars and meetings (1933-1949); and Alex's papers on agriculture for the station (nd). Also consists of research materials including photographs of southern Alberta in the 1890s to 1910s, Alex's address on the history of the Western Stock Growers' Association (1971), and recorded conference on the Mounted Police held at University of Lethbridge (1974). Includes recorded Glenbow Foundation staff conference (1959), manuscript of "Indians of the Western Plains" by Mike Mountain Horse (1936), and miscellany.
- CA ACU GBA F1781
The fonds consists of photographs of the Spencer ranch and the Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP).
- CA ACU GBA F1348
- 1874-1955, predominant 1906-1950s
The fonds consists of reminiscences and articles (predominantly written by Fred) regarding the NWMP, Fort Macleod pioneers, and Blood and Blackfoot (Siksika) peoples (1930s-1950s); correspondence with newspapers regarding submitted articles (1930s-1950s); ground plan of Fort Macleod in 1880; genealogical notes; photocopies of scrapbooks; and newsclippings. Also consists of photocopies of detachment diaries from NWMP detachments at Grenfell (1906-1908) and Pincher Creek (1908-1909); and APP detachments at Lac La Biche (1917-1923), Wainwright (1923-1927), Stony Plain (1927-1930) and Athabasca (1930-1932). Includes photographs of NWMP, APP, Fort Macleod and native people (1874-1950s).
Moses, Frederick G.
- CA ACU GBA F1184
- [ca. 1880s-1959]
The fonds consists of manuscripts of Edward's memoirs of growing up in Calgary and his legal career in Vancouver, his poetry and newspaper clippings; memoirs of Alexander (ca. 1924); and photographs of early Calgary, ranching and the Lucas family in Vancouver.
Lucas, Edward (family)
- CA ACU GBA F1086
- 1912-1976, predominant 1950-1960
The fonds consists of correspondence, newsclippings and speeches regarding his political and legal career. Includes a photograph of the Alberta Progressive Conservative Party executive (1952).
- CA ACU GBA F1123
- [ca. 1929]
The fonds consists of reminiscences, "Keewaiten - God of the North Wind", which cover the period in her life from 1898 to 1907, and her manuscript, "The Royal North-West Mounted Police".
Lawrence, Mary B.