Print preview Close
Showing 1 resultsArchival description
1 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- CA ACU GBA F0283
- 1876-1968, predominant 1927-1968
- The fonds consists of E.T. Brown's architectural plans (1927-1950), project cashbooks and ledgers (1945-1950), building specifications, income tax returns, and miscellaneous personal papers. Includes Audrey Brown's Glencoe Club skating records (1955-1968). Includes photographs of architect's renderings and construction of the Radium Hot Springs development.
- THERE ARE PLANS IN THIS FONDS FOR THE FOLLOWING CALGARY BUILDING PROJECTS: Alberta Corner, Alberta Furniture Co., Alberta Loan Co., Alberta Motor Association, G.H. Allan (building supplies), Anderson Plumbing Co., Bamlett Agencies, Belzberg and Singer (store), Bow River Construction Co., T. Brookes, Calgary Co-op Fur Farmers Association, Calgary Shoe Hospital, Canadian Freightways, G.L. Chesney (store), Commonwealth Press, J. Condon (clinic, store), Consolidated Fruit Co., C.J. Cote (store), Cowan and Crossland (garage), Dad's Cookies, S. Diamond (warehouse), C.M. Donald (apartments), Electric-Crafts Ltd., Electrical Contracting and Machinery Co., Elks Building, Empress Store, The English Shop, J. Feldman (steam bath), Fraternal Order of Eagles, General Supplies, G.M. Graham (apartments), L. Gutman (store), J.J. Hambley (hatcheries), S. Hanen (stores), E.P. Hanson (apartments), James Storage and Cartage Co., Jenkins Warehouse, Jewish Community Building, Johnston Storage and Cartage Co., N. Krowitz (store), Leeson-Lineham Block, S. Libin (dry cleaners), Lions Oils, Maclin Motors, McTavish & McKay contractors, Nash Garage, H. Neilsen (apartments), Neilson Furniture Co., Northern Asbestos and Building Supplies, Oddfellows Hall, H. Pedersen (restaurant), Petroleum Equipment Manufacturing Co., Petroleum Products Manufacturing Co., R.R. Powell (apartments), Ramsay Block, Renfrew Motors, Riverside Hotel, Salvation Army, J. Shannon (apartments), Shell Oil Co., P.J. Spear (apartments), Standard Grocery, H. Steinberg (store), Sterling Shoes, Stockmen's clubhouse, D. Switzer (store), Sykes Imperial Furniture Store, Trans Canada Tourist Camp, Tudhope Anderson Building, Tuxedo Garage, Union Packing Co., Union Milk Co., Union Tractor and Equipment Co., Mrs. L. Walsh (apartments), West Printing Co., and Wilkinson and McLean.
- THERE ARE PLANS IN THIS FONDS FOR THE FOLLOWING CALGARY DWELLINGS: J.B. Barron, W. Benedict, G.W. Blake, R.V. Briggs, Dr. P.S. Brown, G. Cameron, Grant Carlyle, E. Causton, James Christie, Jimmy Condon, G.E. Darroch, D.A. Ebsworth, A.A. Fraser, J. Gibson, S. Gurevitch, P.H. Hansen, E. Harrison, Thomas Hayhurst, W.S. Herron, E.R. Hoover, W. Horner, W.E. Howard, G.F. Ingraham, R.A. James, C.F. Kenner, W. and H. Kirkwood, C.E. Leney, I. MacPherson, Dr. D.G. MacQueen, C.H. Magee, A.W. McLeod, T.K. Newcombe, F.H. Ougden, J.G. Patterson, W. Polsky, H.S. Price, E.A. Rasom, C.V. Rose, S. Sandor, A.K. Severson, B. Sheftel, D.L. Shores, E. Sonet, L. Stockhammer, Mrs. H.A. Taylor, J.T. Thompson, J.G. Venini, S. Wegh, G.R. Weir, T.O.A. West, and B.F. Zwick.
- THERE ARE PLANS IN THIS FONDS FOR BUILDING PROJECTS OUTSIDE CALGARY: Abbotsford: Hargreaves Garage; Acme: memorial hall; Airdrie: H.A. Hansen dwelling, school; Arrowwood: school; Banff: Mrs. Bryant dwelling; Bassano: Bow Valley School District dormitory; Beiseker: memorial hall, M. Schmaltz building; Blackie: J.B. Swartz dwelling; Champion: W.J. Harris garage; Cluny: community hall, high school; Cochrane: hotel; Delburne: theatre; Drumheller: Legion Hall, hotel; Edmonton: Edmonton Oil Tools Co., James and Reimer, James Storage and Cartage, Standard Electric and Auto Parts; Empress: community hall; Esquilmalt: A.E. Shaw dwelling; Gleichen: W. Sutermeister garage; Grande Prairie: Union Tractor and Equipment; High River: creamery, Derek dwelling; Jasper: P.A. Noullet store; Kamloops: community building, Elks building, Dr. R.W. Irving dwelling, Johnson and Co., New Hotel, Plaza Hotel; Lethbridge: Collegiate Institute, Marquis Hotel, G. Marshall warehouse; Nelson: medical-dental building; Newcastle: theatre; Pincher Creek: theatre; Red Deer: Adry Phillips dwelling, United Dairies; Rimbey: community hall; Standard: community hall; Stavely: community hall; Strathmore: H.T. Colpoys dwelling, Sylvan Lake: Russell C. Berscht cottage, F.J. Bloom store, theatre; Trail: Crown Point Hotel, Interior Bus Lines; Veteran: K.E. Thulien service station; and Windermere: E.T. Brown cottage.