Showing 5 resultsArchival description
- CA ACU SPC F0023-S0008-FL0014
Part of Earle Birney fonds.
- Borders [sound recording].
- File consists of floppy record of B.P. Nichol reciting sound poems Scraptures - fifth sequence, Salad, Early morning June 22, Beach at Port Dover, Dada Lama, Cycle no. 22, Not what the siren sang but what the frag ment, One sing, Cycle no. 17. First published as a 7 inch floppy record in the box-set bp (aka Journeying & the Returns), Coach House Press, 1967. Disc sleeve printed with B.P. Nichol's "Explanation of Notational System Used in SCRAPURES: 5th sequence". Published with two loose inserts in record sleeve: 'text' of poem Towards a poetry of shy sounds and 'a letter from Margaret Avison' to 'bpn' commenting on his poetry.
- CA ACU SPC F0004-S0001-FL0738
- 1981 October 14 - 1990 May 1
Part of Michael Cook fonds.
- Correspondence between representatives of York University and Michael Cook.
- Correspondence regarding Robert Wallace's interview of M. Cook for inclusion in The Work : conversations with English-Canadian playwrights edited by R. Wallace and Cynthia Zimmerman and published by Coach House Press in 1982, and for use in a chapter on M. Cook in Profiles in Canadian literature, Series 4, edited by Jeffrey M. Heath and published by Dundurn Press Limited in 1982; M. Cook's participation on a panel at the 19th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Irish Studies, February 19-22, 1986; and M. Cook's applications for various positions in the department of theatre at York. Item 1 includes a press release from Coach House Press about The work : conversations with English-Canadian playwrights, photocopies of the tables of contents from Profiles in Canadian literature, Series 1 and 2, and photocopy of chapter 17 from Profiles in Canadian literature, Series 2, Ernest Buckler by John Orange.
- CA ACU SPC F0342-S0001
Part of Dr. Suzette Mayr Fonds
Series consists of manuscript drafts and fragments from Dr. Mayr's novels: Moon Honey (1995 NeWest Press), The Widows (1998 NeWest Press), Venous Hum (2004 Arsenal Pulp Press) and Monoceros (2011 Coach House Books). Series includes handwritten, typescript and digital drafts with edits comments, feedback and correspondence with editors including Nicole Markotic, Rosemary Nixon, Nancy Jo Cullen and Aritha van Herk. Contents include assorted research materials and correspondence with the presses that published her works.
- CA ACU SPC F0018-S0011-FL0355
- 1966 June 22 - 1972 December 5
Part of John Metcalf fonds.
- Correspondence between E. Toppings and John Metcalf.
- File consists of letters encouraging and advising J. Metcalf in his writing career; expressing J. Metcalf's appreciation for E. Toppings's assistance; discussing, sometimes in detail, E. Toppings's critiquing of J. Metcalf's fiction; relating to writing and publication of New Canadian writing, 1969 (Clarke, Irwin), The lady who sold furniture (Clarke, Irwin, 1970) and Going down slow (McClelland and Stewart, 1971) and to J. Metcalf's winning the University of Western Ontario President's Medal for short story The estuary; recommending little magazines and publishers who might be interested in J. Metcalf's fiction; requesting letters of reference to accompany J. Metcalf's grant applications; discussing publishers, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, books read and various other topics; regarding current literary endeavours, including textbooks and anthologies edited by J. Metcalf; and relating personal news. Includes copies of letters from E. Toppings to others.
- Holograph, signed; typescript (carbon copy); typescript, signed. All letters from J. Metcalf are originals; letters from E. Toppings are carbon copies. According to J. Metcalf (March 1995), because copies were not made of the Toppings/Metcalf correspondence, E. Toppings returned J. Metcalf's original correspondence present in this file.
- Includes references to the following: The children green and golden; A thing they wear; One for cupid; A process of time; The happiest days; Biscuits; Egg and lettuce sandwiches; The realm of gold; Keys and watercress; The estuary; Our Mr. Benson; A bag of cherries; A pointless story; Apple pie and custard; Just two old men; The tide pool; The tide line; Pretty boy; Early morning rabbits; Geography of the house; I've got it made; Like in movies; Walking round the city; The lady who sold furniture : novella; The lady who sold furniture : short stories; Robert, standing; Rhyme and reason; Wordcraft series; Sixteen by twelve; Salutation; Going down slow; The narrative voice; Particular life.