Showing 17 resultsArchivistische beschrijving
- CA ACU GBA C0032
- Copied 1984-1985 [originally created ca.1870s-1952]
The collection consists of photographs of North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) at Fort Macleod and other posts. Also includes photographs taken on the Blood and Peigan reserves, and of the town of Fort Macleod, Alberta Provincial Police, and miscellaneous agricultural and ranching views.
Fort Macleod Museum
- CA ACU GBA C0005
- Photocopied 1971 (originally created 1880-1926)
- The collection consists of correspondence, circulars, petitions, and records about land and grazing leases.
- RECORDS RELATED TO THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS ARE ALSO IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Agricultural Societies, Sgt. Charles Allen, Thomas Anderson, George Barry, Battle Creek Association, R.B. Bennett, Benton and St. Louis Cattle Co., Bow River Horse Ranch, H.L. Bowyer, British American Ranch Co., J.M. Browning, Brown Ranch Co., Calgary and Edmonton Railway lands, Canadian Agricultural, Coal and Colonization Co., Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) lands, William Carter, Hugh St. Quentin Cayley, J.E. Chipman, George Cloakley, Matthew Henry Cochrane, Cochrane Ranche Co., William F. Cochrane, Collingwood Ranch, Conrad Brothers, Conrad Price Cattle Co., J.M. Conger, A.E. Cox, Crow Indian reserve, Dakota Stock Grazing Co., Hon. Mayne Daly, R. Burton Deane, Col. John S. Dennis, Edgar Dewdney, Insp. Arthur W. Duffus, Charles Elliott, George B. Elliott, Moreton Frewen, J.A. Gemmill, Gilbert Goddard, Charles Grayson, William Antrobus Griesbach, James Hargrave, Alexander Stavely Hill, Walter Ings, William H. Irvine, Sir John Lister Kaye, William Duncan Kerfoot, J.K. Kerr, George Lane, G.H. Lydiard, Dr. Duncan McNab McEachran, Hon. David L. McPherson, Maunsell Brothers, C.R. Mitchell, Mount Head Ranch, Mount Royal Ranch, Augustus Meredith Nanton, New Walrond Ranch, H.A. Noble, Northwest Cattle Co., Northwest Stock Association, Frank Oliver, William G. Oliver, Oxley Ranch, Sgt. D. Paterson, William Pearce, Hon. J.H. Pope, Powder River Cattle Co. prairie fires, Const. A. Purves, Quorn Ranch, Sgt. Major C.C. Raven, 1885 Riel Rebellion (North West Rebellion), Daniel E. Riley, Philips Ross, Saskatchewan Stock Growers' Association, Walter Scott, C. Sharples, sheep, Hon. Clifford Sifton, Spencer Brothers, Charles Stewart, Charles Stimson, Frederick S. Stimson, Thomas Stone, Thomas B. Strange, Samuel B. Steele, William W. Stuart, J.R. Sutherland, E.E. Taylor, Sir Charles Tupper, Twin Butte Cattle and Horse Association, United Farmers of Alberta (UFA), R.A. Wallace, Walrond Ranch, Western Stock Growers' Association, Hon. Thomas White, Winder Ranche, and Wood Mountain Stock Ranch.
- CA ACU GBA C0019
The collection consists of the project's terms of reference, Dempsey's research correspondence and reference material, and his final report.
Dempsey, Hugh A.
- CA ACU GBA C0182
- 1858-[ca. 1945]
The collection consists of James G. Bain’s notebook and papers concerning his work with the British Columbia Provincial Police and gold mining ventures in Quesnel Forks, B.C. (1892-1899); correspondence, receipt books, and insurance policy of the Sandon Miners’ Union, affiliated with the Western Federation of Miners (1901-1915); journal and payroll sheets of mining operations in Sandon; waybills, share certificates, and mining lease agreement from Quesnel Forks; personal correspondence of James P. Delahunty of Barkerville, B.C.; will of James Francis Ford of 150 Mile House, B.C.; diaries of C. Walverson, western USA; time book of the Whit Grouse Co. (timber company of Quesnel Forks?, 1874); Elizabeth Ann Palmer’s food ration book from the Second World War, Waldo, B.C.; letterbook of the Provincial Police constable, Arrowhead, B.C. (1908-1916); facsimile of the signatures on the Treaty of 1831 which established the independence of Belgium; posters for the Baddeley Bros. 3 Ring Wild Animal Circus; and fragments of circus posters.
- CA ACU GBA C0115
- The collection consists of interviews with and biographies of Airdrie pioneers, completed questionnaires about schools and churches, newsclippings and articles, Westminister S.D. records (1908-1927), Airdrie United Church records (1917-1948), and miscellaneous photographs, programs, poems, notes, etc.
- INTERVIEWS WITH/BIOGRAPHIES OF THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS ARE IN THIS COLLECTION. SEE INVENTORY FOR DETAILS: Archie Aitken, Emily Blankley Aitken, Neil Beaton, Rev. A.T. Bell, Mr. and Mrs. A.D. Black, Bill Brandon, Bert Clayton, Mrs. E.M. Clayton, Nina Cole, Dr. Collicutt, Willian Croxford, Joe Davy, Edith Duncan, Mr. Evans, William Evans, Tom Farr, Fred Fletcher, Mrs. John Fletcher, Sara Fletcher, Lillian Graham, Lloyd Koffsky, Daniel MacDonald, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Northcott, Clem Perry, Thomas Pole, Ada Ryan, and Adam Watson.
- CA ACU GBA C0123
The collection consists of research files, and final reports, including maps, on the trails of each province. The reports document the Blackfoot Trail, Boundary Commission Trail, Calgary-Edmonton Trail, Fort Walsh-Qu'Appelle Trail, Macleod Trail, Missouri Trail, Old Wives Trail, Peace River-Yukon Trail, Red River Settlement Trail, Red River Trail, Whoop-Up-Fort Benton Trail, and other trails.
Trails of the Prairie Provinces Research Project
- CA ACU GBA C0125
The collection consists of recorded interviews with Elsie Murdoch, the daughter of North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) Inspector E.J. Camies of Fort Macleod, which includes discussions of the Jerry Potts family; and with Ruby Cutting, the wife of Royal North-West Mounted Police (RNWMP) member Percy Cutting, posted at Bear Lake and Battle Creek from 1913 to 1924.
- CA ACU GBA C0062
The collection consists of Appeal Court records for the case of Chief Bernard Ominayak et al, on behalf of the Lubicon Lake Band vs Norcen, Dome, Chieftain, Shell, Union, Numac, Petro-Canada, Chevron, Petrofina, and Amoco oil companies, and the Province of Alberta (1882-1985); photocopies of circulars (predominantly from Fred Lennarson), correspondence and newsclippings about the Lubicon Lake Cree (1981-1985); and photocopies of the affidavit and notice of motion for the 1983 lawsuit (1983).
Lubicon Lake Cree
- CA ACU GBA C0236
- 1874-1998, predominant 1874-1885
The fonds consists of research material on the early history of the North-West Mounted Police.
Dunn, Jack F.
- CA ACU GBA C0068
The collection consists of biographical information about members of the NWMP, a booklet about RCMP history, and photographs of Harry H. Nash. Biographies are available for Peter Aylen, Fred Bagley, Peter Bertles, Leversedge Brandon, G.H. Bray, Sgt. Major Diamond, Orrin Evans, Richard Field, Archibald Hare, John Herron, William Leonard Higgitt, Arthur Murray Jarvis, Frederick S. Jarvis, William D. Jarvis, William P. Jarvis, John Johnson, W.R. Johnston, George Clift King, Andrew MacDonald, James Farquharson Macleod, James Brown Moore, William Parker, Roger Pocock, Frederick Pope, Frederick Richard Rudd, Hert Edwin Rudd, Dusty Shaver, Reginald P. Sutherland, J. Thom, James Walker, Alfred Wilson, and Richard Charles Wyld.